Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They already got a TV Critics' Choice Award
Wow really??

And I agree about the pilot not necessarily being a show's best episode, the pilot is trying to show you a thousand things at once so you see what the show CAN be. Once it starts developing it gets much better
Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Wow really??
They won a "strange" special award....

Critics' Choice TV Awards: 'Alcatraz,' 'Falling Skies' Top New Series Honorees - Hollywood Reporter
Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Watching Noah on "Loose Women", the UK version of The View. They started with an ER clip.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

At least the women there seem to be more sane than in "The View".

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Whoopi is great on The View, but the others make me want to hurt myself. Plus they (who were there in 2000) trashed Julianna big time.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

What's with this Julianna business? Care to elaborate?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Back when Julianna turned down the $27 million to leave ER, the ladies on The View (specifically Barbara) called her crazy for turning down the money, that her career was over, that she was no spring-chicken and that she would be their doorman in 10 years time. Julianna was incredibly hurt by it (she even talked about it in her Sarah Lawrence speech, but hasn't specifically named The View in years) and I think that's why she has never been on the show, despite her living in New York all these years, where the show tapes. People talked about it here: http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-an...?msg_id=003eF1
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

In 10 years, she would be JULIANNA'S doorman if she keeps on acting like that. No wonder I don't watch that show. Those ladies pissed off quite a lot of celebrities.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Barbara is just Barbara. She thinks she pioneered the women's right movement, so she probably can't envisage why a woman would turn down financial prosperity. Pft.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

She's not my least favorite among them though. That honor goes to a certain blonde on that show.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my God, THAT woman is indescribable. Her views are laugh-out-loud ridiculous.

My brother is going to watch Falling Skies tonight, so I will probably re-watch it with him to see if I enjoy the two episodes more this time around.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

I respect views that are opposite from mine, but no need to have a hissy fit just because they do.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly! The whole point of that show is multiple perspectives, but she goes cuckoo if anyone challenges her.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, a conservative POV balances out the liberal POV the others have. It's just her attitude that bothers me. I'm surprised no one else from ER that I heard of witnessed how these women really act on the show.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

I was not bashing the show or Noah. I adore Noah and was glad the show had great ratings. It is just on EW and TV by the numbers, everyone was bashing it, including the EW reviewer, but the pilot of a show is rarely good.

I am glad to know many people loved it too.

Week 2's ratings will be the test of if the show is a success. This is Steven Spielberg and Noah Wylie, so of course people will tune in to see.

Both have huge followings.

I hope the show continues to do well ratings-wise. I guess I am just nervous about it because of what happened to V and The event, both shows that also dealt with the supernatural.

Barbara said that about Julianna? I hope she had the decency to apologize at least.

People said the same thing about George when he left, no? Every single time an actor leaves a hit show, they act as if they are crazy.

Not everyone is in it for the money or stability. Some actors want to take risks and challenges.

If you do on a show for years, you accumulate some money anyhow which allows you to pick projects you really want to do that may not pay as much.