I love you but, I don't even know why

Last edited by tidbit2008; 06-29-2009 at 03:05 PM
Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Yay! Thanks for the new thread This is a very nice title

And welcome LostEvi
Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread I love the title.

Noah and Owen spent Independence Day togheter

Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Aww, that´s such a sweet picture! Glad to know he spent the day with his son Thanks for sharing!

Noah is a great dad
Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Avery!
I realized I'm not in this list...can I be added. please.

aww, cute picture...thanks for sharing, Ty.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Carter Fans

So...I've been watching older seasons and I wanted to know how Carter fans (in general) took to the whole Kem storyline. Boards are dead these days but maybe someone who's been a fan longer than me can share her insight.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for getting the new thread started, hun, and welcome, LostEvi.

Edith: You're added.

I wasn't much of a fan of the Kem storyline, but only because I didn't think they needed to bring in a brand new person for Carter after Abby when they already had Chen, whom he had great chemistry with, IMO. And I think it would've been a much better story than 'random person brought in just to be his girlfriend'. But that's just me.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wanted to know how Carter fans (in general) took to the whole Kem storyline.
It's complicated...as for I remember the ones who liked Carby disliked Kem. The ones who hated Carby loved Kem. The one who wanted Carter with someone else hated both. IMO the ship thing really influences (too much) the opinions about those type of storylines.
I can't say if all the Carter fans liked or disliked the story. I can say that some carbies (who weren't always genuinely Carter fans) were really mad at Kem and sometimes even to the ones who tried to show their liking of Carter and Kem
Personally I liked Kem. I don't "adore" her or the storylne but I think it was better than season 9 carby. My favourite was and always will be Anna. She would have been perfect for Carter. But considering there's no way we could see Canna? I'm content with Kem
Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kem bothered the crap out of me, actually. They didn't make it believable enough between their interactions that he would have fallen for her so hard and fast after (and instead of) Abby. But also, the more I think about it the more I hate how they did the Africa story line. I get the whole "I need to find myself" but, but it was out of character. Yes, volunteering and giving your time is great but you'd think they would have also incorporated him getting involved more financially. Especially since he was in the process of taking over the family's money and foundation.

He works in the clinic in Africa, but didn't follow the rules, smuggled in drugs, paid out of his pocket for one patient's care and missing "the bigger picture." He heart was in the right place, but then he complained about how little supples they had there, brought meds back with him from County...but then...spend $9000 for a plane ticket just to get into the airport gate to say goodbye to Kem... Ugh, he was all over the place. I really think instead they should have had him go to Africa maybe worked on getting new clinics and hospitals built, and fight for more funding with his and other foundations.

Sorry for the rant. That's just been bothering me. But thanks for reading!

And yeah, Ty you're right. I'm sure past shippers did have prejudices. I just wish the actual actions of helping in Africa were written better. But hey, these are ER writers we're talking about.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And yeah, Ty you're right. I'm sure past shippers did have prejudices. I just wish the actual actions of helping in Africa were written better. But hey, these are ER writers we're talking about.
After season 8 I often found myself thinking the writers were on drugs. I've seen a lot of storylines that were out of character or screwed up or just pointless. I can't count anymore how many time they've jumped the shark. The Africa storyline wasn't perfect. There were some things which bothered me too. And surely they could have done better. I think they start off on the right foot but then lost the thread of the storyline. Even if I have to say the some Africa episodes were really good: Kisangani, Lost, There Are No Angels Here.

Last edited by *Ty*; 07-08-2008 at 11:12 AM
Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yup, bad writing is a chronic disease ER (among others) suffers from.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Noah and Owen are too cute. Thanks for the pic

Kem was okay. I was never a fan of her and Carter, but I didn't hate her. I'm kinda like Ash in that I never really got why they brought her on. Carter/Anna will always be my Carter OTP, but I would've enjoyed Carter/Chen as well. The ground work for Carter/Chen was there, TIIC just chose to ignore it.

(by quoticonage @ LJ)
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Edith: You're added.
Thanks, Ash.

I liked Carter and Abby together... and I didn't like the Kem storyline..
Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's complicated...as for I remember the ones who liked Carby disliked Kem. The ones who hated Carby loved Kem. The one who wanted Carter with someone else hated both. IMO the ship thing really influences (too much) the opinions about those type of storylines.
I agree
I never liked Kem SL either...I just felt that from one momente to the next, we were supposed to believe that Carter had totally fallen in love with her and was over the moon because he would have a kid with her...I know he was kinda finding himself in Africa, but I never thought he would recover so quick from a relationship as intense as what he had with Abby. I mean, I never liked Carby, but I saw Carter very "in" with her, I thought they would have more issues to resolve after they broke up...
Anyway, I guess what made me dislike Kem the most is how she reacted after the loss of their child. I understand it must have been the worst thing for her, but Carter didn't deserve that treatment from her, he was suffering a lot too and willing to work things out together.
And despite the only person I always wanted Carter with is Lucy, I'd have loved to see Carter/Chen instead Carter/Kem. It'd have made more sense to me

Quote:
After season 8 I often found myself thinking the writers were on drugs. I've seen a lot of storylines that were out of character or screwed up or just pointless. I can't count anymore how many time they've jumped the shark
And I couldn't agree more here.
Sometimes I wish the writers would have ended the show after Mark's death...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Supreme Fan

No problem.

I liked Carter and Abby's friendship, but I didn't want a relationship for them. I didn't hate Kem, I just don't think the way they went about it was particularly well set up or well written. And I don't think she had as much chemistry with Noah as Ming-Na did. But that's just my own opinion.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.