Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I love that Carter keeps calling her Deb even when she corrects him
Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah he never really learned, did he? I'm pretty sure Susan still called her Deb now and again.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Why did she change her name anyway, did we ever get an explanation for that?

Today I watched the episode where she has her baby, so sad I know this might be sort of a hot topic, but what do you guys think about giving your baby up for adoption? Cause I'm never sure what to think, on the one hand I can understand and all, but on the other hand it's almost impossible not to think you're abandoning your child , even if it's to "create a family" as Carter said...I don't know, I just thought it was so sad

I love that Carter was with her all the time, though, they had the cutest friendship
Old 11-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Her name to this day boggles me.

Adoption is always a tricky issue. It is always so dependent on the specific situation, but personally I think it is incredible for any parent to recognise the child would be better off in a different environment. I just hope the parent is given the guidance and support to make the right decision and not rush into anything.

I liked how Deb still struggled with the adoption after the fact, and how in Season 10, long after any reference had been made to her child, she admitted that sometimes she will forget about her son for a week and then feel awful.

Quote:
I love that Carter was with her all the time, though, they had the cutest friendship
They did it must have been so cool for them to work together as attendings when they both knew each other as inexperienced newbies.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

The Carter/Deb friendship was one of the few relationships with a woman Carter ever had that I actually like. Also, I find it mind-boggling when those two are portrayed as being on the same age when in real life, Ming-Na is 8 years older than Noah.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, really? Ming still looks so young that actually I never thought about her age. In Season 1 especially she looked like an infant.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
Oh wow, really? Ming still looks so young that actually I never thought about her age. In Season 1 especially she looked like an infant.
She's closer in age to the actors who played more senior docs and nurses during Season 1 than the 3rd year med student she portrayed at that point. Only 2 years younger than George, a year younger than Anthony and Eriq, 3 years OLDER than Julianna, and 4 years older than Sherry. I tell you, the woman never seems to age.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

WOW! That is amazing.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow! She's aging beautifully!

Like you, Stephen, she looks like an infant in season 1. So young, you'd never think twice of the years between Noah and herself.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WHAT, she's older than Julianna and Sherry?! WOW

Quote:
personally I think it is incredible for any parent to recognise the child would be better off in a different environment
Exactly, I totally agree, I feel like just this, this thinking of what is best for the child, wanting the best for them, already shows what a good parent the person could be (I know it's more complicated than that, but still), everytime I see something like this I keep expecting that the parents will change their minds

Quote:
The Carter/Deb friendship was one of the few relationships with a woman Carter ever had that I actually like
Couldn't agree more
Old 11-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

I just wished there was a scene where she gets to be with her son for a few days or so.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know , but did she ever contact the adoptive parents afterwards?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

I never realised her age.

I agree with Stephen said about the adoption issue. It must be a really difficult decision but if you really think you aren't in a position to look after a baby then you are making the right decision.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
I know , but did she ever contact the adoptive parents afterwards?
Yes, if I remember correctly she called them a few times and even got a photo of her son.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, but did she ever get to see him again, I mean, meet him?