Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Chief Geek

Forget Max, cast Goran, it's time for someone to rock Helen's world.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I feel like that would somehow manage to ruin my life. This show keeps punching me in the gut, so I'm fairly sure that if they brought Goran on as a love interest for Helen, he'd end up sleeping with Whitney just to mess with me.

As for Max, part of my desire for him to get with Helen is that it would really annoy Noah. The other part is that he was on Studio 60 as one corner of the love angle that was Matthew Perry and Sarah Paulson, and I just get a kick out of the Six Degrees aspect. Sarah and Maura were in Diggers, Sarah and Max (Josh Stamberg) were on Studio 60 with Matthew Perry, Matthew Perry did a stint on West Wing with Allison Janney, Alison and Maura were both in Primary Colors, and both Maura's role in Primary Colors and Allison's role on West Wing were based on Clinton's WH press secretary Dee Dee Myers.

You're welcome for that "display of geek bravado," as Laurie of the West Wing, played by Lisa Edelstein who guested on The Good Wife and on ER, would say. And who was born in Boston and is now playing a character named Abby.

I have issues.*

*In my defense I memorized most of the actors who were born/raised in Boston because my college roommate and I had an ongoing battle over whose city was better, based on what it had produced. I maintain that Boston wins given how much of Must See Thursday came out of MA. I do not understand how so much of the talent came out of Newton South High School of Newton, MA, the only town with worse HS sports teams than my (miniature Boston suburb) hometown. Playing Newton South was how we made ourselves feel less terrible.

Last edited by Pandorama; 12-24-2014 at 12:49 AM
Old 01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SO HAPPY FOR THE AFFAIR AND TO SEE MAURA ON STAGE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGKABEJCBWJFKCBSVCMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

It was SO great to see her on stage!! I am not aware of this show she is on. Anyone know where I can watch online? Maura was always my fave female on ER from her first appearance in season 6!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I cracked up at the best drama acceptance speech. Maura and company were so concerned about Sarah Treem forgetting to thank her husband. You could just see it register on Maura's face and slowly spread through the cast until it reached a fever pitch.

Maura's dress is stunning and I'm going to have to steal it. Maybe she'll donate it to Housing Works and my life will be miraculously changed. Yeah, right. I liked the dress that the girl who plays Whitney wore, too, but wearing it would require me to grow ten inches and not gain any weight in the process.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:46 PM
New Fan

I was so excited when The Affair won! And seeing Maura on stage ! she looked absolutely breathtaking.. like wow.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am very happy The Affair won.
I am an original”
Old 01-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Extreme Fan

OMG!!
Maura is slaying
Old 01-12-2015, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

So happy for Maura and The Affair! It slipped my mind that the show was nominated, so it was a lovely surprise to see it win and for Maura to walk up to the stage. After everything that happened in 2009, I am beyond thrilled for her that she gets to enjoy the successes of this TV experience.

Quote:
I cracked up at the best drama acceptance speech. Maura and company were so concerned about Sarah Treem forgetting to thank her husband. You could just see it register on Maura's face and slowly spread through the cast until it reached a fever pitch.
THE BEST!!! I wasn't sure what they were mouthing at first. I thought maybe they were about to break into song.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pando, I want your icon
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

So gorgeous.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, her b-day is coming up (February 3rd) and it's a big one, so I'll make enough icons for everyone to honor her on that day. Commence requests...now.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that'lll be so cool, everyone with a Maura icon! I want more icons of the Golden Globes, if possible
Old 01-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Excellent. Thanks, Pando. I'll take anything from her NewsRadio days.

Maura with Busy at last night's ELLE Women in Television Celebration. Busy of course played Hope in Seasons 13 & 14:

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 01-14-2015 at 09:08 AM
Old 01-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Proof that she's too cool for words: that dress and that smart decision to stay on the West Coast during this godforsaken cold. If I were her, I would stay out there until Sketchfest. Actually, if I were her, I would hire a limo and just drink my way up the coast until I got to SF.