Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I mean, most good conversations veer off from the initial point. One topic prompts another, related topic which prompts another and so on. I think all of the points made above relate to Maura/Abby in some way. The point about Jing-Mei and Carter made the implicit comparison to Carter/Abby. I think it's a testament to Maura's body of work that it can spark such an array of ideas and conversation and a testament to the complexity of the various characters that we are wont to dissect them.

I'll try to curb my penchant for swearing.

Last edited by Pandorama; 08-29-2012 at 03:26 PM
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, not really, since none of what you were saying initiated with any talk about Maura, it started with the talk about Archie's character on TGW. And then there were even high heels in the middle of the whole thing, whatever that had to do with Maura...

And thank you for following the basic rules
Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Let's just say that Maura is so awesome, everything can be pointed back to her.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky Susan (View Post)
Let's just say that Maura is so awesome, everything can be pointed back to her.
That would make for an interesting game. Six degrees of Maura, except instead of other actors, extremely random subjects. I mean, off the top of my head, I can easily connect the following to either Maura or Abby:

- pop-tarts
- pugs
- Rudy Giuliani
- NPR
- taxidermy squirrels
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Newbury Comics
- Cake (the band)

So I'm fairly sure that theory is correct. All things can be traced back to Maura, which I think means that she actually is the center of the universe. We should probably inform her.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

From iTunes:

Quote:
"The fourth season of the drama finds most of its characters in hot water as Lockhart/Gardner attempts to avoid liquidation in bankruptcy court. Kalinda’s estranged husband becomes of the firm’s newest client, and starts to throw Kalinda off her game just as Will finally returns to work. Alicia must defend Zach in court after he videotapes a cop who pulls him over for a drug search. She also finds herself in familiar territory when a campaign worker says she slept with Peter just as he gears up his campaign for the Illinois governorship. Peter’s campaign is compromised even further after Alicia befriends a feminist financier who then decides to run against Peter."
Maura is the feminist financier.

Alicia befriends her.

Maura and Julianna are playing friends.

Maurianna.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Well now the feminism thing is relevant. Clearly there are psychic abilities at play.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Total Fan

OH I'm so glad they're playing friends and not enemies
Old 08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maura and Julianna are playing friends

Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually think "feminist financier" who runs for governor is the most exciting part. Politics, feminism, and Maura. What more could a girl possibly want?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good that you have a favorite part of the news Pando, YAY for you

I'm excited for absolutely EVERYTHING
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm excited for absolutely EVERYTHING
You're not the only one.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Busy and Maura!

Or, Hope and Abby, I guess.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Total Fan

ah I love Busy!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Chief Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandorama (View Post)
That would make for an interesting game. Six degrees of Maura, except instead of other actors, extremely random subjects. I mean, off the top of my head, I can easily connect the following to either Maura or Abby:

- pop-tarts
- pugs
- Rudy Giuliani
- NPR
- taxidermy squirrels
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Newbury Comics
- Cake (the band)

So I'm fairly sure that theory is correct. All things can be traced back to Maura, which I think means that she actually is the center of the universe. We should probably inform her.
I can connect Maura & Abby to my current obsession the Fierce Five, Raisman is from Mass. & Wieber's mom is an ER nurse, so yes it is very possible that Maura is the center of the universe. Also Maroney is Irish Catholic so there are 3 connections.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't see what's in that link Stephen