Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Hee, welcome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Couldn't we trade Frank or other random idiot for Gillian...? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

The world is not black-and-white. Nothing is simple.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Absolute Fan

I would willingly trade Frank for just about anyone, especially Gillian.

Why can't Gillian be added to the cast? She's just about the only person I like Luka with.

::le sigh::

I love the caps, guys.

[ 10-05-2003: Message edited luna nuova ]
Old 10-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Consider it a deal then? [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Too bad that we'll have to convince TPTB as well...

I can't believe that ER, The Show of Unplanned Pregnancies didn't even bother to do that this time [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Maybe - just maybe - they've finally found some doctors who actaully know how to use birth control. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You wanna meet me in LA and we can kick some TPTB *ss until they agree?
Old 10-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That could be it...!
It's ironic - compare the odds that Gillian would get pregnant with the ones for Elizabeth, Chen or whoever... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I mean, the conditions in Kisngani and Matenda are definetely worse than in Chicago...

Definetely [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Absolute Fan

It's not too far to walk from one side of the country to the other, right? I could be there by sundown.

I know what you mean about conditions/pregnancy odds. But Kisangani and Matenda create the Luka/Gillian magic.

<--desperate attempt at staying on topic [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 12:25 PM
New Fan

Id love it if Gillian left and then came back with little Luka jr. LOL. ok thats to soapy but still, Luka should be a father and I hope we get to see him in family mode.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Addicted Fan

I guess you could [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Magic indeed... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

<--- has applied for the lulllian FL. AGES ago. Still no answer. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
And Emule refuses to let me download "Weep for me"! How do they imagine me to keep up my lullian spirits without a song...?

Quote:
Originally posted by TinyDancer70:
<STRONG>Id love it if Gillian left and then came back with little Luka jr. LOL. ok thats to soapy but still, Luka should be a father and I hope we get to see him in family mode.</STRONG>
I think that's what we have to hope for [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 10-05-2003: Message edited annuscka ]

Old 10-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Annuscka:
I guess that lullian work best in the Congo, or at least not in Chicago/Montreal - and I know that the show must stay in Chicago to be ER, but man, wouldn't I love to have them in Africa for all eternity...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mely:
Yeah, I definitely think that they work better in Congo than they'd ever work back home. I don't know about Gillian, but Luka is different in the Congo... and I'm not sure if the kind of man he is in Chicago will work with Gillian.
Ah, Anna, thank you for starting this thread. And I love the title. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

The first time we saw L/G hook up ("Maybe someone will join me..."), we all assumed, Yeah, they're just the kinds of people who will just go boff a complete stranger in a closet. They're just interested in having some dirty fun until they go home. It wasn't until the kiss at then end of last season's finale, when Carter and Gillian were leaving Luka behind, that we realized there was more going on. Neither of them expected it to be more than a quick shag, but it turned into much, much more.

However, I don't really know if Lully would truly work in Chicago. I guess that's b/c, although we saw it turn into something more, I've never been completely sure if it happened only b/c of the intensity of the situation. They wound up clinging to each other out of desperation, fear, and uncertainty. There was so little hope in Africa, what more could they do but find faith in each other?

I was actually thinking Thursday night how much I wish there were a new version of "China Beach" on TV. Remember that show? About the nurses stationed in--where were they, Vietnam? Or even "MASH"--doctors and nurses at a base in Korea. I think a show like that would be awesome, and there's nothing like it on TV right now. Everything is forensic detective shows! Luka, Gillian, Carter, and Debbie working at a clinic in Africa: how amazing a series would that be?
Old 10-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Hee, I'm glad someone finally started a thread for these two. Can we really rule out that she'll never be back?
Old 10-05-2003, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked these two...and I'm sad to hear that she won't be back. They seem great together, I enjoyed watching them in Kisangani - they have a great chemistry and I enjoyed watching Gillian's concern and worry in the last ep.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Chanie:
<STRONG>Hee, I'm glad someone finally started a thread for these two. Can we really rule out that she'll never be back?</STRONG>
Simone-Elise said the door is 'left open for [her] to return', but from what I understand, she's involved in another show now... And there was nothing about her contract being extended beyong the four [?] episodes she originally signed for.
me too.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Addicted Fan

::basks in the Luka/Gillian love:: I was so happy to see her in The Lost! Simone is a great actor...I'd say I hope Gillian is in more, but I'm with you guys who think that L/G would only work in Africa, not back in North America.

icon by iconillusion, text by Cranky Recaps
Old 10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lararenee:
<STRONG>

Ah, Anna, thank you for starting this thread. And I love the title. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Luka, Gillian, Carter, and Debbie working at a clinic in Africa: how amazing a series would that be?</STRONG>
You're welcome, and thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so glad that people like this 'ship...

That'd be great! Thank God for ff.net, since I doubt we're getting a spin-off... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Speaking of ff.net, I have been wondering how they got things going the first time - supporting the theory that "...and I hope someone will join me" wasn't the first time.

[ 10-05-2003: Message edited annuscka ]

Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by annuscka:
I have been wondering how they got things going the first time - supporting the theory that "...and I hope someone will join me" wasn't the first time.
Oh, it totally wasn't the first time. Why else would Gillian have acted so oddly when Carter mentioned Luka while he was having lunch with her and Angelique? And, yes, I love imagining how it started. And then I have to take a cold shower. [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited lararenee ]