Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ahhh. "The monent you'll never forget" caps How i love it so. And the voiceover guy was spot on

Ugh, Sailing Away. I violently disliked the majority of that ep. Makes me very happy that we got such a great season 12
Old 05-27-2006, 05:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Abby was suggesting that he was emotionally distant, and it was unfair of her because by that time he'd been making real efforts to connect with her. Low.

Sailing Away demonstrated everything that was wrong about carby very succintly - the ennabling, the showing off by Carter, the trying to get one over on Luka, the immaturity and the almost completely disastrous outcome when the two silly children failed to listen to the grown up. Blech.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I always kind of hoped that after that episode she may have realised that Luka was better for he than Carter. Carter was so eager to please her, (and maybe even eager to be alone with her?) that he ignored what was in her and Maggie's best interest, which would have been to call in to the local hospital, and get the police to bring her in like Luka suggested. When it all went pear-shaped, and Abby actually admitted at the end to Luka that he had been right, I thought it might have dawned on her that Luka was what she needed, not Carter. Obviously I was hoping for too much.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Posted two 150 word drabbles in my LJ. And now I'm *really* off to read Helen's.
me too.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Chief Geek

My favorite part of "Sailing Away" was when Richard told Abby she called her the night before and in the morning, Abby telling him she didn't check her messages yet. Then Richard's look at Luka and Abby trying not to smile too much about the night before.

The final scene was sweet, in the end it was Luka who was there to comfort Abby.

"The moment you'll never forget." when I saw the promo, I actually screamed, and I am not a screamer.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mely
And meh, I don't like SA. Abby's hair looks awful there, which is a sure sign of trouble
Oh, word, lmao. I burst out laughing when I read this.

I missed most of the first half of season twelve, mostly because ER was starting to bore me and I wasn't interested in any of the storylines. Then one day I was talking to my uncle, and he was like "Yeah, Laurs, ER was really good last night. Luka kissed Abby."

Hahahaha, I didn't believe him.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hiiiiii

welcome T over here! it's a really nice board so i'm glad that oyu de-lurk ehehe and iIwas a lurker in an other board I think that i "know" you from there ...anyway have a great time here!

Noa I couldn't read your drabble at your LJ , It's friend's only right? my username it's Paulingui if you want to add me

Sailing away.....i like it because it was the frst time i heard Lifehouse...nothing alse! ehehe

Bye!
Old 05-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh it's usally friends only but I made that praticular post public.
me too.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman
"The moment you'll never forget" (for us, anyway)
You know, you just made my weekend? No, what do I say my week
THANK YOU

CASCADA - EVERYTIME WE TOUCH
still hear your voice when you sleep next to me,
I still feel your touch in my dreams. (my dreams)
Forgive me my weakness,
but I don't know why.
Without you it's hard to survive.

'Cause everytime we touch,
I get this feeling,
and every time we kiss,
I swear I can fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last,
need you by my side.
I feel the static,
and everytime we kiss,
I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go,
want you in my life.

Your arms are my castle,
your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry. (I cry)
The good and the bad times,
we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.

I get this feeling,
and everytime we kiss,
I swear I can fly.
I want this to last,
need you by my side.
I feel the static,
and everytime we kiss,
I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go,
want you in my life.

I get this feeling,
and everytime we kiss,
I swear I can fly.
I want this to last,
need you by my side.
|it's about time

Last edited by anonymous1; 05-27-2006 at 05:02 PM
Old 05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like the title of the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYtana
"The moment you'll never forget." when I saw the promo, I actually screamed, and I am not a screamer.
The funny thing is that seeing that part of the promo is "the moment I'll never forget!". Those of us who were spoiled back then we're anxiously awaiting Two Ships, so it was quite a surprise to see that promo for The Human Shield...that scene was unspoiled as far as I remember. I think I screamed when I saw it too! And clapped and danced around. *ahem* Anyway, that last scene was amazing. I watched the rerun the other night. It was weird watching Luka/Abby throughout the episode NOT being a couple because after all this time I'm so used to seeing them as a couple. And it has been absolutely WONDERFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli_Abby
Sailing away.....i like it because it was the frst time i heard Lifehouse...nothing alse! ehehe
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but which Lifehouse song?

Welcome to new posters, I'm Janet.

Pauli_Abby and Mrs.Almeida, I love your icons!

Oh and don't mind me as I play my game by myself :

1.) foosball
2.) feather

If anyone else does want to play, just keep going with the list and add a 3rd item to the Luby reminder list.
Luka/Abby
Old 05-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chifan
2.) feather
Feather? Hehe, that's from Benton Backwards, right?

3.) compass

I think it's the most thoughtful and romantic gift I've ever heard. "We always find each other"...yes, it's a little corny but maybe only Luka can pull off that kind of stunt? I mean, what would you think if your SO gave you a compass as a gift?
From Worst Case Scenario by Californiagirl
Old 05-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Feather? Hehe, that's from Benton Backwards, right?
Yep!

Quote:
3.) compass

I think it's the most thoughtful and romantic gift I've ever heard. "We always find each other"...yes, it's a little corny but maybe only Luka can pull off that kind of stunt? I mean, what would you think if your SO gave you a compass as a gift?
It was a total "AWWWWWWWWW!!!!" moment for me. I liked that he acknowledged that it was corny...but I thought it was just so sweet especially the way he said it. I thought it was a very significant gift, and I think Abby was touched by it. He never really gave her anything in their first go-round, did he?
Luka/Abby
Old 05-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attitudeissues
Okay, I've lurked for far too long, so I think now is the time to come out of hiding. Helen, Carrie, Katie and Jo know me from LJ, so they know how much I love Luka and Abby and especially Maura. My name is Tonya, but everyone calls me T.
Hey, T Glad to see you have come out of the lurkers closet. I think season 12 has brought a lot of people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlintheYhat
Yay! Can't wait to read it!

Anybody else penning one?
I will do a 150 word essay on why I love luby. It sounds fun. Just don't tie to me any deadlines because lately I can't seem to get caught up with anything.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

the compass, well, i didn't get the meaning of that gift at first place but then when Luka gave you the "explanation", WOW, i could just say WOW coz it's just so sweet, romantic and sentimental ! He just wanted to let her know how their relationship meant to him and how it was great finding her again !

And listing another Luby items will be really hard, for me of course ! Well an item from Luby, an "unforgettable" item. Let's think about it !

Yeah got it

4-) Snowglobe
5-) baby crib
6-) "Panties"

Ok forget about the 6th one ! It's 1PM here and this can explain my "running out of control" for this one !!!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubasa
And listing another Luby items will be really hard, for me of course ! Well an item from Luby, an "unforgettable" item. Let's think about it !

Yeah got it

4-) Snowglobe
5-) baby crib
6-) "Panties"

Ok forget about the 6th one ! It's 1PM here and this can explain my "running out of control" for this one !!!
I never want to forget about the panties! The way Luka said that was sooo cute.. made me blush and giggle like a school girl!