Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Cynthia the desk clerk/Mark's girlfriend in Season 4 annoyed the hell out of me. She was always crying and having an emotional breakdown of some sort. She took up too much screen-time for a guest star.

Div Cvetic was a pain. I know he was suffering from depression, but the way he treated Susan was so hard to watch. Plus he yelled at Malik. Not cool!

I couldn't stand Shep. He just seemed to be a narrative ploy to keep Doug and Carol apart for another season. In the process it gave Carol so many boring storylines in Season 2.
WORD to all of these! I haaaaaated Cynthia so much, I don't even understand what Mark was doing with her, she was SO boring with her breakdowns, ugh and the bad thing is that every time I see the actress I remember this character

Cvetic was such an arrogant ass, I couldn't believe Susan was dating a guy like that

And there aren't even words to describe that was Shep And ITA, Carol had some really pointless storylines going on in season 2. And the lack of D/C was disappointing

Quote:
Did anyone dislike a main character (Hathway, Ross, Greene, Lockhart, Kovac, Lewis?)
Abby. I hate it when I feel like the writers want me to feel sorry for a character, or want to show me how brave someone is even when their family is nuts and they have a million emotional issues going on. It's tiring.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I used to think I was the only one. I don't like Abby either, but for entirely different reasons.

I actually used to like her before Dubenko arrived. But then the idiots in charge just wrote stuff that made me dislike her immensely.

I'm kinda surprised no one's mentioned Brenner yet.

Grissom: The best intentions are fraught with disappointment.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Brenner went through about 16 different personalities so I tend to forget about him.

It's funny because John Wells said in an interview that the only reason the writers gave Abby so much dramatic, "my life sucks" storylines was because of Maura's talent. He said it was indulgence on their part.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, there is that - they should have had Myers come down and diagnose him with multiple personality disorder It's just that I watched "Truth Will Out" the other day and was reminded of just how gross he was in S14 so I just wondered why no one had mentioned him.

With Abby I wasn't referring to the "my life sucks" storylines - it's just the being mean to Lucien stuff that made me dislike her

Grissom: The best intentions are fraught with disappointment.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's funny because John Wells said in an interview that the only reason the writers gave Abby so much dramatic, "my life sucks" storylines was because of Maura's talent
I'm not saying she didn't play that well, she did, but it was tiring nonetheless, I was like ok we get it, your life sucks, can we move on to other characters whose lives suck as well?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
I'm not saying she didn't play that well, she did, but it was tiring nonetheless, I was like ok we get it, your life sucks, can we move on to other characters whose lives suck as well?
Oh I know what you mean. It was pretty much 8 seasons of beating the life out of the character. I personally loved it but a lot of the other characters did get pushed aside for Abby's storyline.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
a lot of the other characters did get pushed aside for Abby's storyline
That was exactly my problem

Ok, moving on to other characters that are not main characters, I HATE Chloe Lewis
Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think we can ALL agree on Chloe. She just makes me want to
Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Also, Rachel Greene And her mother
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
New Fan

My least favourite character has to be Sam Taggart and i must add her deliquent son Alex in my humble opinion her character would drive you to despair, her storylines were awful and boring.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a fan of Sam either, she just meant nothing to me as a character, it's that kind of character you just don't care about
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

I sort of feel the same. I liked Sam initially in Season 10 because her attitude was fun, but when Steve came back and Alex became a pain, I got fed up. Then she had like 2 and a half seasons of no storylines after she broke up with Luka/before she got together with Gates.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I didn't like Gates either, so that didn't help, for me
Old 02-12-2010, 03:07 AM
New Fan

Gates was just a poor man's Doug Ross.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
And I didn't like Gates either, so that didn't help, for me
Same here!

I agree Storm4. Whereas Doug broke rules for the sake of his patients, Gates just did it because he always thought he was right.