Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Kerry & Jeanie: They Were Friends Through Everything

Welcome To The Kerry & Jeanie Appreciation Thread!

banner by duderocks

Supporters:

EricaCallieShipper

LukaAbbyLover

irishghost

duderocks

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 03-03-2011 at 02:18 PM
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Total Fan

good thread idea add me please?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaAbbyLover (View Post)
good thread idea add me please?
sure you can. I have to add myself to the list anyway...I keep on forgetting everytime I make a new thread to do that don't know why.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Add me please I loved these two.

Remember when Kerry had to fire Jeanie? It was such a sad moment, and even sadder because Jeanie fought against it and went very hard on Kerry. Even though you could see both points of view, I hated seeing their relationship become so strained.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
Add me please I loved these two.

Remember when Kerry had to fire Jeanie? It was such a sad moment, and even sadder because Jeanie fought against it and went very hard on Kerry. Even though you could see both points of view, I hated seeing their relationship become so strained.

Sure I'll add you! and I definitely remember that. I was just watching those episodes. I hated those episodes because as you said their friendship was so strained at that point, Jeanie had every right to be angry at Kerry of course and yeah it was definitely hard on Kerry too. I'm so happy though that Jeanie got her job back and they went back to being friendly again.

I loved the scene where they were outside and Kerry guessed that Jeanie was HIV positive that was such a supportive moment, also the other scene when Mark looks into Jeanie's files and Kerry comforts her in the hallway while Mark looks on. I hated what Mark did and so did Kerry boy was she angry.

btw, awesome photo! And do you mind making a banner for this thread??

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 09-25-2010 at 07:16 AM
Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 PM
New Fan

Hi,

I'm new to the Kerry thread but this is a great thread too!

I'm such a Kerry fan I'll always find a way to justify her actions, although Jeanie was great too.

Kerry was caught between a rock and a hard place on this, and while it's hard to judge Jeanie, I think Kerry was right to be so defensive and appalled that her friend who'd she'd supported (not even objectively but actively fighting for her rights) through everything had accused her of discrimination against her HIV status.

It was a great storyline, written and acted beautifully. Key moments - when we realise WHY Kerry has had a bug up her butt all day in Obstruction of Justice isn't just because she was called to the carpet by Anspaugh but because she was having major issues with her (then mysterious) hips. I do wish further development went into that tho. Also, when Jeanie has to ask Kerry for her meds. And then when Jeanie is the one to care for Kerry when she's incapacitated from the benzene incident. And finally, when Jeanie thinks shes sick and shows Kerry her Xray, the moment when they seem to reconcile fully. (There's a gag reel segment from this ep where Laura Innes trips over someone's foot with her crutch which is very sweet).

I think it was a shame there wasn't more interaction during season 6 when Jeanie was dealing with Hep C and Kerry with Gabe Lawrence, but it was lovely with the Carlos situation and heartbreaking during The Peace of Wild Things when 2 of Kerry's closest friends leave the department. (Hail to LI perfomance opp Alan Alda - incredible).

So there you go, my long winded thoughts on that friendship.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it was a shame there wasn't more interaction during season 6 when Jeanie was dealing with Hep C and Kerry with Gabe Lawrence, but it was lovely with the Carlos situation and heartbreaking during The Peace of Wild Things when 2 of Kerry's closest friends leave the department. (Hail to LI perfomance opp Alan Alda - incredible).
I agree. Laura had very little dialgoue in *that* scene with Alan in the trauma room, but her tears just broke my heart.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

I still can't forget that scene. It's amazing how much facial expressions can show in just one scene.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Wonderful!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

ooh I love that banner geez I didn't even see it until now, please put it up in the OP thead!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Total Fan

I don't think I spotted that banner before either, love it!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I would, but I can't edit posts that are not my own.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Erin - you started this thread so that means you are able to put it in the OP. It's there now.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
Erin - you started this thread so that means you are able to put it in the OP. It's there now.
Oh yeah that's right I did. I'm really going out of my mind. I'm glad it's up there now though, thanks!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

It's okay.

So I can't think off the top of my head if we included any Kerry/Jeanie moments in the 125 Scenes We Wished We Had Seen on ER - so what scene between Kerry and Jeanie do you WISH had been on the show?