Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seeing Alicia/Will finale gifs

Old 05-10-2016, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

^ Ha! A+ gif usage.

So, if you follow me on Twitter, you have already seen some of my thoughts regarding the finale. Quite honestly, it threw me. It wasn't what I was expecting and so it is taking me some time to wrap my head around it. I dreamed about it last night, I woke up thinking about it, and I am sure I will continue to do so for the next little while.

In a nutshell: I think the finale focused too much on the trial and too little on the characters; I thought the Will visions worked well, but I could have done without them all the same; and while the final scene made sense *thematically*, it didn't quite land for me in a logical, truthful sense.

This is all to say that I am still coming to terms with how things ended. Not so much with where the characters ended up, but with the execution used in the writing to get them there.

What I can say for sure right now: I loved The Good Wife, I still do, and it will always remain one of the most important shows to me.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great, Stephen I hate that I don't love it anymore
Old 05-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Well... I love that you wish you still loved it? TV is such a peculiar, fascinating thing: we take these shows so deeply into our hearts and minds, and when they don't go the way we wanted or expected, it is deeply unsettling.

I can't say I feel any more positive about the finale since my last post, but I have immersed myself in various podcasts and discussions that have opened my eyes to all sorts of opinions/interpretations.

I think this is what I will miss most about The Good Wife: regardless of how you felt about it by the end, it always inspired such heated, intellectual debate. Now I must depend on The Americans for that fix.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well.... I saw it in live and I was really confused. I knew I would not like the final so much but I didn´t expect that at all !!

When I read Kings letter and the video, I tried to understand everything. It makes sense, is not a happy ending show because if is not that kind of show but at the same time I expected at least a sample of happiness in Alicia´s life and a closure.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

I resisted reading/watching their explanations because, in my personal opinion, if you need to EXPLAIN what you meant, then you didn't get it across in the actual episode.

Now we might be getting a Diane/Lucca spinoff?! I am sold on a show with those two as actors, but I can't comprehend how Diane would ever work with Lucca after what she did to Kurt in the finale.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don´t think the spinoff will work, but If they want to try....

^ Yes !! I still have not overcome the idea of not seeing Alicia anymore
Old 05-15-2016, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

https://twitter.com/JulesMargulies_
Old 05-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww How sweet she looks sleeping !!!

Last edited by hathaross; 05-17-2016 at 03:47 PM
Old 05-16-2016, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Cutest photo.

The Emmy roundtables should be out soon.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sweet pic
Old 05-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

So, time for them to finally do a movie together, yes?

Old 05-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Omg !! I would love that !!

I was looking for pics of them and I found this one from Annual poetry and The Creative Mind.

The Emmy Roundtable will be out the week of I am in Barcelona, of course. I am realizing that whenever I travel or I have to go to some place, something new or intersting come out...I should travel more often
Old 05-19-2016, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

If ever you need justification to take lots of trips...

Wow, that photo! Patrick Stewart, Tina Fey, Rosie Perez - Julianna and Meryl keep in good company.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

That will make me want to travel more often, so basically all the time