17. Snarky Susan
18. Bette Davis
19. Talula78

1 2-3

Fansites:
Glamourous Julianna | The ultimate Julianna Margulies website
Margulies Fan | All about Julianna Margulies

“Her departure, even more than the exits of Clooney and Sherry Stringfield,
severs a crucial connection to the show’s more glorious past.
E.R. will go on, and may even prosper,
but without Margulies it’s no longer the show we originally embraced.”

- Robert Bianco, USA Today, May 11th 2000

-----

Our favourite Julianna/Carol episode of ER

"Great Expectations"

Why it matters:
This was the first time NBC aired an original episode of ER on Thanksgiving.
It earned Julianna her final Lead Actress Emmy nomination for ER.

YouTube playlist featuring clips of Julianna in ER and other things!

Awards

Emmy Award - 1995
Screen Actors Guild - 1999
Golden Globe - 2010
Screen Actors Guild - 2010
Screen Actors Guild - 2011
Emmy Award - 2011

Julianna can be seen right now on TV in her most recent work on 'The Good Wife'
Every Sunday on CBS! Make sure you check out The Good Wife board at Fan Forum!

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 04-24-2013 at 11:10 PM
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

I love this OP so much
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh YEAH!!!!!!

This quote really rock!!

TFTNT!!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Her Emmy waving gif still makes me happy whenever I see it.

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhh I love Matthew's character!
Yeah!! So glad he's back. Just sad we lost the arc we were meant to get with his character because of Go On (which I like, but I'd have rather seen him more on TGW).
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, SO cute

Aw yeah, I know, but I'm happy for Matthew And that reminds me I have to go back to Go On, I keep forgetting
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Same. I'm never gonna get caught up at this rate. The finale is soon, I think. I heard it's finishing in early April, so I might just wait for the last one and then watch them all in one go.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Same
Old 03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

I look forward to summer hiatus more than the actual season because it means I don't have to worry about losing track of my shows.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Extreme Fan

I watched for about 30 seconds on Sunday and found myself bored and annoyed (mostly by the Florricklets, Annoyingly Optimistic Thing 1 and Annoyingly Optimistic Thing 2). I watched The Lorax instead. It was amazing.

The prospect of seeing Maura week-to-week was enough to keep me going, but now I'm just kind of like...eh. Even Eli kind of annoys me these days, and I used to love Eli. I think working on all this women in government stuff at school makes me even more aware than usual of just how much Peter bothers me. I'm glad Julianna said at the Paley thing that she didn't really get why people rooted for Alicia and Peter since he slept with a hooker, because at least I know it's not me. But yeah, not sure I'm going to keep up. Basically nothing on TV is pleasing me right now, except Parks and Rec.

Although I did watch a movie with Adam Scott last night and yelled at the TV an awful lot about how he was cheating on Leslie Knope. My roommate thought I was alleging that Ben really did cheat, and I was like, no, I just think it's uncool for him to be with anybody but Leslie, even if it is in a different universe where Leslie doesn't exist. :/
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Alicia never left him, never showed any intention of leaving him, and the show always made it clear that there was still love between them (not without resentment, of course), even after the cheating and the scandal. So I don't know why it would be a puzzle that people rooted for them
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Hat (View Post)
Well, Alicia never left him, never showed any intention of leaving him, and the show always made it clear that there was still love between them (not without resentment, of course), even after the cheating and the scandal. So I don't know why it would be a puzzle that people rooted for them
Is cause people cannot understand how you can root for a cheater. Personally for me, I find it a lot more complex than that. I believe its Alicia's choice and if she cannot let go I understand her. Now Peter seems to be changing so its easier to say, hey if you want to try again go for it. I am one of this mentality, seems Peter has changed and seems Alicia hasn't let go. So why not? If that makes me a "bad" feminist then so be it. (And has nothing to do with CN, I just love the exploration of marriages) I totally get what Jules is saying, but I think it looks at the situation in too much black and white, in my opnion. There is more to these marriages, history, love, children, etc.

Now if Alicia said Will makes me happy and I want to be with him, then go for it. But she had her chance with Will and never wanted to make it more than what it was, a lustful encounter.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

^ Julianna could have used that fake bump as a deadly weapon! I forgot this was a 'pregnant Carol' cap when I first started scrolling down to view it, so the bump completely caught me off guard.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Me too

Quote:
If that makes me a "bad" feminist then so be it.
Being a feminist is about being free to make your own choices, so no, you're not a bad feminist for supporting that Alicia chooses to do what SHE wants
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Hat (View Post)
Being a feminist is about being free to make your own choices, so no, you're not a bad feminist for supporting that Alicia chooses to do what SHE wants
Exactly

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Is cause people cannot understand how you can root for a cheater.
No, that's not the main issue, for me. I know that some people cheat once and it's a huge mistake and they never do it again. I know that people change.

Part of the issue is that he cheated with a prostitute, which is a little bit more offensive to me because, well, eew, and also because it is the ultimate objectification of women. And the fact that he had to actually find, proposition, and pay a prostitute meant that he had numerous chances to change his mind. Part of it is that he did it while he was in a position of moral and legal authority - ie State's Atty - which makes him hugely hypocritical, but he also had to know that he was under much more scrutiny and it would hurt Alicia enormously if it got out. People have weaknesses, yes - god knows Bill Clinton does, and I love him still - but they also have responsibilities.

As for Peter changing...I'm not so sure he has. In continuing to run, he has knowingly dragged Alicia and his children further into the spotlight, well-aware that she's going to be reminded of his infidelity over and over. He has used her, and allowed Eli to use her, as a campaign pawn, trotted her out at fancy events and played the part of the happy couple, and to an extent, exploited the bond they have and the fact that Alicia still loves him on some level in his campaigns. And it seems to me, from his attitude, that he thinks he's entitled to do that. The thing he said at whatever it was where Maddie and Alicia both announced they were atheists - the thing about how in prison, god is all you have sometimes - was such a line. Not even a good line. I'm not religious, but if I were, I'd be offended that he would try to frame it in that way. Like he's a martyr, poor little wrongfully convicted Peter Florrick.

Anyway - I do want Alicia to be happy, but I simply don't like Peter, I don't think he's changed, and I think continuing to watch him do things that I find self-serving and disingenuous is going to make me want to tear my hair out. It's not entirely a feminist thing. Part of it is just a "I don't like you and want you to fall down an elevator shaft into a pile of cacti" thing.