Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

ER Board Information Recovery

Hey guys,

As you all know, we hit a glitch during the server upgrade and most of our data was lost. This means we have restart all the threads from scratch. We've started doing that, but our memories are a little fuzzy when it comes to thread titles and stuff. So use this thread to submit any changes we may need to make. You can also PM us.

Meghan and I will be backing up the intro posts of threads (to the best of our abilities, anyway) with supporter lists, links, because lists, etc. It's gonna be a big job, though, and there's no guarantee of how often we'll be able to do it, so if any of you are able to copy and paste the intro post(s) of the thread(s) you frequently post in (just use the "reply with quote" feature and take out the quote code), it would probably be a good idea. That way, if anything like this happens again (God forbid) it won't be as hard to restore. You guys can just PM us your most recent backup.

We thank you for your cooperation and patience while we work to resolve these issues. You guys are truly an awesome board to moderate.

~Ash (DaveAbbyLuver) & Meghan (anonymous1)

Edit from Meghan: Please stop by in the intro thread and re-introduce yourself!

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.

Last edited by anonymous1; 04-16-2006 at 03:10 PM
Old 04-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Total Fan

Just to let everyone know, I was able to find some stuff from some really old threads, such as some banners/intro posts and thread titles. Unfortunately, I couldn't get everything. If your thread has its banners back, that's why, and if it doesn't, I apologize but we just lost it in the crash.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just wanted to post to thank you both, Meghan and Ash, for working so hard to get us as close to back to normal as possible. I'm sure you've been kept busy the last couple of days to get the ER board running smoothly again. Also big thank you's to everyone at Fan Forum who worked to get everything back on-line. I missed you guys so much!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, what Carrie said. Thank you so much, both of Ash and Meghan
From Worst Case Scenario by Californiagirl
Old 04-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's been like missing a close friend or family member
no other ER fan forums match this site = this is such a friendly forum

as others have said, a big THANK YOU for all your hardwork in getting it back up and running
Old 04-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Supreme Fan

No problem, guys, we missed it as much as you did. It'll probably take a while to get things back to normal, but rest assured, we're working to stay on top of things. You guys truly are the best bunch of people to moderate, and we thank all of you for your patience and cooperation while we work to sort everything out.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Total Fan

Thanks, guys. Like Ash said, we have fun here and we're thrilled to have you back!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Total Fan

De-sticking this since we're back up and running. FYI, Ash and I both are backing up the threads on our computers once a week, so if there's another crash we would only lose a maximum of six days' worth.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hah, remember this Stephen??
Old 08-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

YES! I didn't join until the next year but I remember a lot of posters were on FF.net and it was like the apocalypse when the boards crashed.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was here, can't remember if I was already mod of 24, but it was a nightmare for everyone
Old 12-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
YES! I didn't join until the next year but I remember a lot of posters were on FF.net and it was like the apocalypse when the boards crashed.
I really hope that never happens again