Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THE ER BOARD CELEBRATES 150,000 POSTS, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODYYYY WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

- I'm Not Dead -

- banners by Tina -

I’m so proud of the amazing work all of us have done in keeping this board alive and active all this time after the end of ER, and I believe we’re so lucky to be fans of this show that makes every sort of discussion possible, and of this brilliant cast that never stops giving us new wonderful stories to discover. The ER board means, without any exaggeration (really), a second home to me, especially after the past year. Through some of the hardest moments of my life, this place was the one thing in my life that remained happy, and you guys were the ones who were always there for me, so patiently letting me get my frustration out of my chest and kindly not asking me to shut up and go whine somewhere else. You are all amazing people that I consider my true friends, and I am so happy to be part of this group! Congratulations and thank you all so much, for absolutely everything! - Couch Tomato

I sat down to write this and my first thought was, “Didn’t I already do one of these not too long ago?”. That’s when a big grin came over my face because I realised: I DID do one of these not too long ago! It feels as if no time has passed since we were celebrating 125,000 posts or 100,000 posts, and that is because this board keeps growing and growing in its discussions and its fanbase. To see the kind of growth that we have experienced over the last year has made being a moderator here all the more sweet, because it reminds me why ER was such a special show and why it was able to affect so many people of so many ages in so many countries. Then when you look at what our Twitter account has achieved? It is even more amazing. We have amassed 375 followers (at this time of writing!) over the course of 4,000+ tweets in just a matter of months, and those numbers show no sign of slowing down. I love that re-runs have created so many new fans, and that through social media we have been able to bring those fans into our community here at Fan Forum. ER is the gift that keeps on giving to its fans, and I am so thankful for all of you for your love and support of this place. Remember: we are celebrating 150,000 posts at the same time as this board celebrates 11 years at Fan Forum. Since we celebrated 100,000 posts at just this time last year, the board has therefore accumulated over a third of its posts without ER even being in the air. We just keep growing and I see no reason why that won’t continue. So, thank you for all the milestones this board has seen, and for all the milestones we will no doubt see in the future. Long Live County General. - I'm Not Dead

First of all I have to make a big shout-out to the posters here, congratulations to us all! 150,000 posts, this is so awesome! But then again I have to give my apologies to all of you. I wasn’t posting very much the last few months and I feel really sorry for that. It has been a hard year for me until now but I know that this board and its members have always been my second family and I can’t tell you how thankful I am to know you all. You all have always been supportive and understanding and it had never been a problem to talk to you. That’s why I love this board every day more and that’s why I want to post more often. We come together here, share our problems, have fun and post about the show we all love. I’m really glad that ER brought me to you guys and really, it’s amazing that we still discuss stuff about ER and the cast, but that’s what matters, right? I want to help to make it to 200,000 posts and more and more and more. Together we can make it! I’m really proud to be a member of this board and I never want to miss it again! - Libra

Unlike a lot of members of the ER board, I have only been a fan of the show since 2010, when Hallmark Channel aired reruns of the show here in the Philippines – making me a recent convert. It was during the airing of Season 7 when I discovered the ER board. At first, I was just a lurker and read everyone’s posts. The next day, I joined and I remember that my first post on the board was a collection of Sherry Stringfield icons. Exclusively posted on the Susan, Elizabeth and M/E threads for a while, but I started to branch out after watching most of the ER episodes. I loved this board for its family atmosphere despite being a board pretty high up in the post count list. It was also here that I got to acquaint myself with more TV shows (and filling up my 500GB hard drive of their recommendations). - duderocks

I grew up with ER,started watching when I was 9/10.I basically only paid attention to Abby-scenes,she's always been my favourite. So thanks to ER i really got to "know" Maura Tierney Therefore ER means a LOT to me,i'm watching it whenever I got some time, it simply brings back the good old days. And also they had a GREAT soundtrack..just sayin. - juniormauraTfan

I have been an ER fan for over 7 years. I started watching the show when I was twelve years old and the first season I watched was season 11. Ever since I first saw an episode I’ve been hooked. ER is truly a special show to me, I’ve seen every single episode at least once, most of them three or four times. I’ve grown to love almost every character on the show, my favourites being Carter, Doug, Carol, Mark, Abby and Morris to name a few.
To me, the best thing about ER is that it’s such a unique show, there’s never been a show like it in television. The storylines, the characters, the pace, the music, the patients – these are just some things that make ER so unique. The stories have touched me in so many ways and I’ve never cried as much watching any other show that I have cried watching ER. It’s definitely my number one favourite show.
I found this ER FanForum board just a few months ago. I was looking for a place to discuss ER and to share my feelings about ER with someone. My friends don’t watch ER, in fact the only person I’ve ever got to talk about it with is my sister. So I was so happy to find this board. Everybody on the board was so welcoming and warm and kind when I first came here. Though it was first a little hard to join a board that had existed for many, many years, after a while when I got to know everyone a little better the board started to feel like this little online home to me. I love how we can talk about everything about ER, we can tell our honest opinions, and even if we disagree about something, we respect each other and don’t judge. I check the board almost every day, often even more than once a day. I have met really great people here and hope to get to know them even better. It’s great that we understand each other so well, even if I mention some tiniest little thing I’ve noticed in an episode, usually at least one person knows what I’m talking about. We are from so many different countries all over the world, but we still understand each other and I think that’s amazing. People here have really become my friends!
- Mirde

Well, I'm fairly new to ER, to be honest. It's one of the few shows that I loved from the first episode and I haven't been able to stop watching it since. I started posting on this board pretty soon after I started watching, it's so great to be able to fangirl over the show with feeling like a total, well.. fangirl. I actually feel kind of proud of the board for reaching 150K, it's such an amazing number of posts to get to. But I'm sure there'll be a LOT more.. Do I hear 200K, anyone.. ? - dontworrybaby

There is a word that describes well this board, HAPPINESS! So many happy moments, laughter, memories, FRIENDS , much squee , indelible images, moments that deserve to be remembered again and again, we share our lives, we support each other... what more can we ask for? All of this thanks to our series, ER, and people who we don´t know! but what would be our life without all that?
This board is just GREAT! - hathaross

Read 125 more.

Read 125 more.

Read 125 more.

- icons by dontworrybaby -

- icons by I'm Not Dead-

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 11-07-2011 at 07:12 PM
Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well done, everybody! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO PROUD!

Thank you, Ju, for starting this.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

OMG! This is amazing.

Remember when I had the idea that the 150K is like a book of some sorts? This was more than I expected to be.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Congratulations on the 150K everyone!!!!!!!!!! Such a huge milestone and I'm so happy for all the ER fans here And yes, Ju, I mainly mean you
Old 11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Total Fan

Congrats everyone LOVE the OP! great job!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!

Wish you got to write something, Kate. Especially about Luby or Elizabeth.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Total Fan

yeah, I love what everyone else wrote though I haven't been able to get on here much, school & work are keeping me busy
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

We've missed you, Kate. So for 200,000 posts, I'm saddling you with 12 characters.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Some of the least liked at that.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Total Fan

eek I better get started now does this mean Im going to get stuck with Cleo?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHGKWJSFWSGDKSGHSKDHGFKJGK I'M SO HAPPYYYYYYY WE MADE IT EVERYONE, AND THANKS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much, to everybody that sent their writings and arts and who contribute everyday to making our board one of current 50 most active (and awesome) boards on Fan Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Stephen, thank YOU so much, ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's take ONE minute to breathe now, shall we??
Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duderocks (View Post)
Some of the least liked at that.
Yep, I expect something eloquent about Malucci!

The fun keeps on coming:

^^^^^

Quote:
Let's take ONE minute to breathe now, shall we??
If you are sure we can afford it!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Old 11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

KELLY TWEETED OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS ER CELEBRATING 150,000 POSTS AND NOTHING HURTS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate I'm SO happy you're here, we've missed you!

And Caro, my bb, thank you SO much for stopping by, I love you!

Quote:
If you are sure we can afford it!!!
We already know we can't don't we

Quote:
I expect something eloquent about Malucci!
Ok now I REALLY wanna see that in our next celebration