Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: "Back In the World" 11.17 {March 24th, 2005}

NBCMV:

Quote:
GALLANT IS BACK IN CHICAGO WITH AN IRAQI BOMBING VICTIM - Neela (Parminder Nagra) is surprised when she hears that Gallant (Sharif Atkins) came to the ER with the young Iraqi burn victim. Sam (Linda Cardellini) is troubled by a visit from her ex-husband. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) treats a child whose gun went off in his pocket and learns that he received the gun from an unusual source. Also starring Noah Wyle, Sherry Stringfield.
No Abby?
me too.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Absolute Fan

No comments about this episode yet? LOL whoa. I wasn't feeling this episode at all. I didn't watch ER when the Gallant/Neela thing was happening so I didn't care much for their storyline. And I was expecting a lot worse about the kid who got the gun from an unusual source. I was never a fan of Wendall but she just disappeared. So you break up with Carter and you get re-located to another district or something? LOL I wouldn't leave ER to be on Joey but it's her choice. Overall it was a boring episode for me.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Parminder was soooooo good in this episode. And NG doing their thang was hot. Everything else? Feh.

WTH did they recast Steve? Cole Hauser was just the right amount of creep vs. gray intentions. NuSteve is way too whiny and, well, there's no way I could see him having the appeal that Sam claimed he had back in the day. CH better have been too busy for ER, otherwise there's no excuse for that ish.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I can get why there's not a lot of reactions but I've gotta say....I really enjoyed this episode.Parminder's a great actress and Neela's such an interesting character.I loved her scenes with Gallant and Abby.

I ADORED Carter.I know he didn't do much but the way he acted with Anspaugh at the beginning....that's the Carter I love.Especially now that Wendall's out of the picture.I also really liked how 'excited' he was to see Gallant again.After all,he was to him what Benton had been to him...more or so.

I liked how Luka handled things with Steve.

I wanted to slap Pratt for not paying more attention to Gallant,at the end.The guy was about to go back to war and that 'Pratt' couldn't have cared less.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked this episode better than the first Gallant episode. Parminder and Sharif both did a great job-- especially Parminder. I always loved Gallant so now I'm sad that he's gone again, but he did mention that he's got maybe a year or so left and since ER's going to be on for a while, maybe he'll be back again but probably not.

The recasting of Steve was just weird. They didn't even look remotely similar. Cole Hauser was much better. I kept looking at him and I knew he was supposed to be Steve, but I couldn't buy into that.

The wink that Abby gave to Neela was really cute.

Not much of either Carter or Abby, but when they were in it they were both good. I loved Maura's hair with it a little wavy-- very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstarshine
I wouldn't leave ER to be on Joey but it's her choice

| videos | journal |
Old 03-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Madchen Amick is on Joey now? I'm pretty sure I saw her in the promo for that new show, Jake In Progress, too. Maybe she was only using ER to get more work.

I thought the eppy was meh. It sort of sucked for being the first new eppy in a month, and with another rerun next week before they do those final countdown episodes? Should've had some sort of cliffhanger or something.

Neela and Gallant are cute, but they aren't anything to write home about. I did think the hug was sweet, though.

NSOS (New Strung-Out Steve) was creepy and gross and ... strung-out. The casting department totally effed that one up. Didn't OldSteve have red hair? Yick.

No Eion Bailey. :\
Old 03-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by * Kelly *
Madchen Amick is on Joey now? I'm pretty sure I saw her in the promo for that new show, Jake In Progress, too. Maybe she was only using ER to get more work.
LOL.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 03-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I only saw part of this episode, but I really loved the scene with Neela in her apartment with Gallant. That was really well done with the music and all.

I thought that Sharif did a fantastic job with portraying how being in Iraq really changes a person. My best friend came back a year and a half ago and he isn't the same person who left. I have another friend who is over there right now and he is anxious to get back. He misses "the little things."
Old 03-26-2005, 01:47 PM
New Fan

I was able to watch it (God bless torrent) and it was boring for me. I knew it would be because the only reason I watch ER is Maura Tierney I knew there wasn't be much from her. And no Jake also

The love escene betewwen Neela and Gallant was great though, really hot without being cheap. Man PN looks older with curly hair, not in a bad way, it's just she looks like a woman, with the straight hair she looks more childish. And Gallant is so cute, the mustache has to go though.

Pratt story, don't know, didn't pay attention, the same with Ray

I agree with everybody that the recast of Steve was terrible, ok maybe CH couldn't do it, but couldn't get somebody better. Plus I really don't care about Sam's story lines. I don't dislike her, but I can't bring myself to care for her. The good thing about all this was see Luka acting to something for a chance, he had become so boring. Stupid wrtiters they find a way of screw up even the best characthers.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:14 PM
New Fan

I know most people didn't care for this eppy, but i LOVED Neela & Gallant. I really hope that they bring him back now that Hawaii was cancelled.

Carter was passionate and great. Abby was great with the whole Neela thing.

Pratt - ehhh - he's had better episodes.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The hell with what happened in the episode, they played Rachael Yamagata! But the episode itself was nice, too. I just love Neela and Gallant together so much. You look at them and they seem quite immature and innocent, then they open their mouths and the impressions changes, especially with Gallant - but I've always said that being inside a war changes you and your point of view in ways people can't imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfamous Loser
Parminder was soooooo good in this episode. And NG doing their thang was hot.

WTH did they recast Steve? Cole Hauser was just the right amount of creep vs. gray intentions. NuSteve is way too whiny and, well, there's no way I could see him having the appeal that Sam claimed he had back in the day. CH better have been too busy for ER, otherwise there's no excuse for that ish.
God, it was! I wasn't a big fan of ER's sex scenes so far {Carter/Harper grossed me out, as did Elizabeth/Fast Eddie, and I just didn't feel the Luka/Sam one}, but I thought the NG one had the nice mixture of hotness and desperation.

So they did recast him! He looked different, but I thought maybe it was just the hair... anyway, I agree, CH was much, much better than this guy, who kind of reminded me of CongoCarter, looks-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Lauren:.
The wink that Abby gave to Neela was really cute.
Aw, it was. That whole scene was great, Abby seemed quite happy to see Gallant, which in turn made me happy, as I loved their friendship in S9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by * Kelly *

No Eion Bailey. :\
Totally She's on both though, as far as I remember... main guy's date in JiP, and Joey's neighboor, or something like that.

I need my blue eyes boy NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn-
I thought that Sharif did a fantastic job with portraying how being in Iraq really changes a person. My best friend came back a year and a half ago and he isn't the same person who left. I have another friend who is over there right now and he is anxious to get back. He misses "the little things."
I've heard and saw the same in people that served here... there's always a change, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst, but I don't think anyone can get out of an army service the same person he was when he got in.
me too.

Last edited by Mely; 03-27-2005 at 07:15 AM
Old 03-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just so worried that they're going to kill Gallant off.

They set it all up way too heavy-handedly with the letter and bracelet for nothing to happen... either SA has to come back next year (Yes, please.) to continue or end whatever NG have or Gallant has to bite the big one (Nooooooooo!), so Neela can read the letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I'm pretty sure I saw her in the promo for that new show, Jake In Progress, too.
She was only in the first episode of JiP (The Stamos gets a new love interest/date each one, apparently)... which didn't bother me at all because her character was just as blah as Wendall, except with better hair.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they're not going to kill off Gallant. It does make sence, with the letter and bracelet, but I still hope they won't end up doing that.

Speaking of the bracelet, looked a whole lost like Carter's, didn't it?
me too.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

are there any screencaps yet?
I'm in dire need of some Gallant/Neela ones..
I just..loved this episode so much!
Arrow #8
Old 03-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I made some while watching the episode, uploading them right now... there are probably many bad ones inbetween the good shots, as I didn't go through them.

Caps are here. I think they are even in order.
me too.

Last edited by Mely; 03-27-2005 at 12:00 PM