Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode Discussion 15.4 "Parental Guidance" {Oct. 23rd, 2008}

Figured I'd post since there isn't one.

I thought it was outstanding. Loved Neela chatting with Ray, LOVED Banfield, loved Morris... didn't love Dubenko so much when he finally caved in to Brenner.

AND OMG THAT GIRL WAS SO FRIGGIN SCARY WHEN SHE CONFESSED.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread. Ash is having internet problems and I uh forgot

From TVGuide.com:

Quote:
Banfield defends herself against a thief; Dubenko returns to the surgery team after Brenner's successful protests; a gymnast's injuries arouse the suspicions of Banfield and Gates; and Sarah's surprise piercing upsets Gates.
I love you but, I don't even know why

Last edited by tidbit2008; 10-23-2008 at 11:13 PM
Old 10-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

That girl was so scary when she confessed! I knew it was her and not the Mom from the get-go. I just had that feeling.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definately better than Grey's Anatomy. LOL but that's just me

Dr. Banfield's storyline is great. I seriously want to know where she got that tough girl attitude. What's her story- what made her become the way she is?

And talk about the creepy 6th grader! At first I was so certain that the mom was abusing the girls but then things didn't start to add up with Claire and sure enough she turned out to be psycho. She totally freaked me out. It's the psych ward for her.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Do any of you watch Housewives? Was that creepy girls the same creepy step-daughter Lynette had last season? If so, then that kid is just plain creepy! LOL

And I loved the Neela/Ray thing! Ah! Everything, the casual "we're still buddies" talk, and calling him on speed dial!

Yes, Dubenko got lots of points for telling Simon off...then he lost them all again when he caved in.

Neela got points for telling Simon to leave her alone (again!) Simon got some points for telling Neela he would leave her alone.. (again!) THEN he lost them all when he made that tacky comment... *shakes head*
Old 10-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

From Marc Berman:
Quote:
ER (Viewers: #3, 8.69 million; A18-49: #2, 3.2/ 8).
I thought it would have been lower than that since Abby is now gone. JMO though.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocidal Smasher (View Post)
Do any of you watch Housewives? Was that creepy girls the same creepy step-daughter Lynette had last season? If so, then that kid is just plain creepy! LOL

And I loved the Neela/Ray thing! Ah! Everything, the casual "we're still buddies" talk, and calling him on speed dial!

Yes, Dubenko got lots of points for telling Simon off...then he lost them all again when he caved in.

Neela got points for telling Simon to leave her alone (again!) Simon got some points for telling Neela he would leave her alone.. (again!) THEN he lost them all when he made that tacky comment... *shakes head*
No it's not the same girl from Housewives but funnily enough she totally reminded of her as well! Knew if was the girl right after they accused the mum, and my first thought when the girl said "she pushed me" was who's she talking about the mum or the sister? After the oxygen debacle confirmed it.

Oddly i think i would have prefered Brenner to Gates (brenner is bit more tolerable than gates imo, he REALLY irritated me in S13!) in Season 13 if TPTB insisted on giving neela a love triangle but OBVIOUSLY i would have had neela dump brenner alot sooner than she did gates and ray and her would have got together and there would have been no accident with amputations involved!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah she reminded me of her too...creepy kids just...creep me out! NO ONE is as bad as Gates. And Yes, I do like Brenner, but I wish he would leave Neela alone. It would be much more romantic if she actually waited for Ray. That being said however, I would much rather sit through Neela with Brenner then if they actually made her date Debenko.

But the episode was good, and I gotta say I'm kinda surprised for me it's been 4 for 4 so far. Nothing can be as bad as 13, however. And 14 was just boring...seriously...nothing happened...lol
Old 10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to say.. I am really liking Morris alot this season in general.
Loved the beginning laptop scene with Neela speaking to Ray!! Heee!!... Can't wait for next week..

Dr Banfield is such a great new character and I really wanna know more about her, there is deffo a past there. The storyline with the mother and the two daughters was shocking and great as a patient storyline in ER. The scene where Banfield finds out it was the little sister and speaks to her was shocking how scary the girl was!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocidal Smasher (View Post)
NO ONE is as bad as Gates.
Agreed! At least brenner seems to be able to take rejection on the chin more and is more of a laugh than gates, his sarcastic line 'oh you romantic fool' to neela when she was telling him their sleeping together was a huge mistake did make me grin

if there had never been a ray and neela, maybe just maybe, depending on the way they wrote it, i could've been kinda on board with this if it had been a slow-burner of a story developing.....but luckily for us, there is a ray and he's back in the next episode! No comparison to the torturous love story that has been the roomies
Old 10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Love your avvy, Leona.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

Parental Guidance was a lot more enjoyable than I had anticipated. Banfield is a very interesting character, and I loved her looking around Trauma 1 and remembering what happened when she was there with her family years ago. Plus, how great was it to hear Dr. Greene's voice in the flashback?

I like how Neela has made it clear to Brenner that they have no future, and that he simply acted like a "cocky bastard" about it all.

That little girl was so scary!!! What a class actress they got to play the part.

This week definitely felt like a brand new ER without Abby, but what's great about me not being too emotionally invested in the remaining storylines is that I won't get p*ssed off with the direction of the plot-lines. I can just look forward to the return of old faces and the consistently solid performances of everyone in the cast.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

i quite liked this episode . it was great to see the actress who played Yokas in third watch again (i still remember when ER and third watch did an awesome crossover storyline involving susan)

brenner is growing on me with every episode i see him in. he has pretty eyes . that new blonde intern is annoying the hell out of me though.

seeing gates be a dad was quite sweet ...and im really curious about what exactly went on in banfields past (i havent read any spoilers about it)...it was so weird to hear marks voice in that last scene when she was in the trauma room - i was just like "waaait a minute...i recognise that voice..." lol. should be interesting!

p.s. that sarah/toungue stud thing was totally unrealistic - a couple of my friends got one and they couldnt close their mouths properly for a couple of days...and you cant just take it out like that before its healed....just sayin' lol
Old 10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsBlueEyes (View Post)
i quite liked this episode . it was great to see the actress who played Yokas in third watch again (i still remember when ER and third watch did an awesome crossover storyline involving susan)
which storyline was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsBlueEyes (View Post)
p.s. that sarah/toungue stud thing was totally unrealistic - a couple of my friends got one and they couldnt close their mouths properly for a couple of days...and you cant just take it out like that before its healed....just sayin' lol
I have a tongue stud and I could talk just fine (my friend was actually quite jealous, because she had problems talking and I didn't). And you can "just take it out," you just wouldn't be able to put it back in because it closes up incredibly fast.

Overall, I thought it was a good epi. I am SO PSYCHED for next week!!

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 10-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for getting the thread started. Am still catching up after 6 days with no internet. Wasn't home on Thursday and had an exam this morning, so I haven't seen the ep yet. I did catch the promo and the Roomies scene, though. Is it Thursday yet?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.