Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.18 "What We Do" {March 5, 2009}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
WHAT WE DO
THE STORY OF COUNTY GENERAL—NOAH WYLE AND AMY MADIGAN (“GREY’S ANATOMY”) GUEST STAR—A camera crew interviews the staff at County General for a documentary on emergency medicine. Morris’ (Scott Grimes) cop girlfriend gets injured on the job and is rushed into the ER with gunshot wounds. Neela (Parminder Nagra) wonders why her relationship with Brenner (David Lyons) lacks so much communication. Sam (Linda Cardellini) struggles to make amends with her mother (guest star Amy Madigan). John Stamos also stars.
Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

The plot involving Morris' girlfriend sounds good, if not repetitive (Sandy in Season 10, anyone?).

I'm on the fence over the staff being interviewed for a documentary thing. It better not take up the whole episode because it could really drag the pace down. Although, I remember Scrubs pulled off a similar idea a lot of years back, so I'll give the episode a chance.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I just want to see how the thing with brenner and neela go, i hope she breaks it off with him soon. this week's episode would be swell!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

"Ambush" was a documentary, and it was live. So ER's pulled it off before. That was like 11 seasons ago, but Idk, I'm thinking/hoping it's gonna be pretty good
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm more looking forward to next weeks episode but the description makes me think I can wait one more week
Old 03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to watching this episode at some point (I have to DVR it and wait because my hubby doesn't want me to watch it without him and he has to work tonight!)
Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

This was a very enjoyable episode. It was one of the best of the season. I think they are going all out for the final episodes.

I liked the interviews. I thought it really gave us some insight into who they are. I wish there was more of it and went in more depth.

Frank & Jerry: Totally loved their self made documentary. It was a hilarious revenge attempt at not being a part of the medical staff interviews. It was awesome how they saved the lady with the rash. Who's non-essential now?

Sam & Mother: Lovely relationship these two have. Now I see where Sam gets her heart warming personality from.

Carter: My poor Carter! He's running out of time and it's been apparent that his health has been deteriorating since he came back. I don't think he's going to make it.

Neela & Brenner: Can anyone tell me why these 2 are together? Is it because Brenner is desperately trying to run from his past? Is it because Neela is desperately trying to get over Ray? Whatever the case, it is painfully obvious that these 2 should not be together. Their relationship is not based on mutual love, but a mutual need to compensate for something that's missing in their life.

Morris & Claudia: Oh boy! I love Morris! Of all the characters, I feel touched by his story the most. He's grown so much and as finally found love. I just pray that Claudia pulls through.

I can't wait for next week!!

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm really happy with tonight's episode. Finally the thing all roomie fans have been waiting for, The breakup over Brenner and Neela. Neela said it perfectly and very much believable, I'm glad she realizes there is better out there and that her and brenner are not meant to be together. props to writers for that, it was great to see neela end it, it may not stop brenner from trying but tonight, its def over for neela.

great episode overall!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 PM
New Fan

loved it loved it loved it!

i also really enjoyed frank and jerry's self made documentary, it was hilarious. I loved how when they were saving that women's life they played the fast paced music they usually play during hard core traumas, very nice effect!
and i just couldnt even take the story lines for carter and morris, too sad.

what i loved so much about this episode was that one minute i was crying my eyes out, and the next was falling out of my chair cracking up!

the one problem i do have though, is in the preview for next week they showed carol and benton but not doug ross. and not because i am super excited to see his character or anything, but i mean it is really not a suprise to anyone that he is coming back, so why are they trying to make it one!?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

I actually loved the Morris and Neela talk early in the episode. We don't see them interact much outside of the ER so it was nice to see. The only thing missing from that scene was maybe Morris asking Neela "So have you heard from Ray?"

Frank and Jerry were awesome. I wouldnt be shocked if some people start slash shipping them. lol. Frank's married though so that's a tough one for those people who ship them.

I loved Neela laying the hammer on Brenner. I was laughing at Brenner the whole time. I didnt feel sorry for Brenner one bit. He deserves everything that is coming to him. Big time. Neela flat out PWNED him.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Frank and Jerry: "The few. The proud. The desk clerks."
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

First off - did anyone catch Haleh's reference to a patient back in Season 1's "Full Moon, Saturday Night"? He was the PCP patient at the beginning of that episode who was strapped to the gurney and started smashing the window of Trauma 2. Awesome piece of continuity.

Neela and Brenner's breakup was very believable, I thought. Hands up who didn't think that "There's something better out there for both of us - no matter when we're ready for it" was a reference to Ray? Fans have been "ready for it" for years, so maybe now Neela is too.

Frank and Jerry should get a spinoff. If any two characters could make a success of it, those two would be the ones.

Poor Morris. He was so torn up. I felt so bad for him when he was re-painting his house while Claudia was getting shot. I hope he gets his olive-skinned, read-haired, freckled babies one day.

So Sam and Neela are going to retrieve a heart from Seattle, eh? I wonder who could be in Seattle who we know?

Doug and Carol are coming back!! Next week we get one last look at ER's first and greatest love story. And Benton as a bonus!

Wow. I just realised that next week, we will have 4 of the original 6 cast members in the same episode.

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 03-06-2009 at 06:03 AM
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm glad everything is over between Neela and Brenner,he needs to work things out before focusing on a relationship with anybody...

besides Neela said it right "there's someone better out there for us" *coughRAYcough* so YAY!

Karma doesn't have an expiration date
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalwood (View Post)
Frank and Jerry: "The few. The proud. The desk clerks."
I was playing my videogame on the floor and watching ER on the TV i have next to my Video Game TV. So saying a fell on the floor laughing wouldnt be quite right but when i heard that i sarted

Seriously....
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
New Fan

Ugh, sorry but I though Neela should have gotten hit by a bus. I truly felt bad for Brenner and I hope every guy dumps her behind. I dont think Ray should be with her and never will. I also think Brenner needs to be alone. But Neela and Sam are annoying. I truly want Morris to be happy.