Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 15.17 "T-Minus-6" {February 26, 2009}

Via NBCUMV:

Quote:
T-MINUS-6
A DAY TO FORGET—NOAH WYLE, COURTNEY B. VANCE (“LAW AND ORDER, CRIMINAL INTENT”) AND AMY MADIGAN (“GREY’S ANATOMY”) GUEST STAR—After getting frustrated with In Vitro Fertilization Dr. Banfield (Angela Bassett) and her husband (guest star Courtney B. Vance) decide to try an adoption agency to fulfill their dreams of having a family. Dr. Carter (guest star Noah Wyle) quickly tries to jump back into working at County but struggles with all the new procedures and technology. Sam (Linda Cardellini) is shocked when her mom (guest star Amy Madigan) comes into the ER in an altered state of mind. John Stamos, Parminder Nagra, Scott Grimes and David Lyons also star.
Sorry bout getting the thread up late It's been a little crazy this week.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

No worries, Avery, Thanks for opening it.

It's gonna be a good episode - Dr. Carter is back working in the ER!!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Definitely should be a good one. Carter back in the ER!

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I totally loved that Ray phone call at the end!!

Brenner: Totally needs psychiatric help, like right now! This strategy to handle his childhood scars by himself is definitely not working. He's obviously very disturbed.

Breela: This relationship is over!!! Put a fork in it! There's no substance! No spark! No fire! It is simply based on sex, and even that seems to be getting boring(at least from Neela's point of view). Neela obviously wants more out of a relationship! Brenner clearly is not ready for a serious relationship. He has too many demons. They're basically strangers to each other and Neela seems to be just buying time until something better comes along.

Carter: Oh Carter! My dear Carter! I felt sorry for him because he just looked lost. However, his great skills began to shine through beneath the surface. Gates saw it and complimented him and he made the right call on Neela's surgical patient. I loved that joke he played on Banfield about needing her kidney. I'm really worried about his health though. I hope he pulls through.

Sam: Boy, not much love for the ol' lady huh! Did she not recognize you because of her condition or has it just been that long?lol

The Banfields: I thought the scenes at the adoption agency were hilarious. Way to go Mr. Banfield. He nearly broke his hand on that guys face.

Morris and Claudia: I think Claudia is in big trouble and Morris can see it. I think that her fellow officers may be plotting to hurt her because they feel she's a rat. I don't want anything to happen to her because I really enjoy watching her and Archie together.

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Last edited by G-UNIT; 02-26-2009 at 09:09 PM
Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
New Fan

What happened w/ roomies and neela/benner? I am at work.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Well after tonight's episode, I can tell Neela clearly knows ALREADY that this relationship is going nowhere, no communication, neela was clearly upset over her day and brenner wouldnt even talk to her about it..thats why i love ray, he actually wants to talk to her, i felt bad for neela, she was really upset but thankfully ray called
Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayertwo2002 (View Post)
What happened w/ roomies and neela/benner? I am at work.
neela was upset at brenner because she wanted to talk and he just wouldnt do it, he's into sex, nothing more, she's already realizing this in tonights episode and ray called her in the middle of the arguement
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

exactly...brenner is still the same ol pig.

alll he cares about is sex.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
New Fan

The show was good.

Neela and Brenner really are over. I 100% agree with you G-Unit, Neela needs someone that actually has it together. He really needs help. I know many people who have been in relationships that one party has alot of issues. My brother was in a relationship with a girl that she had a lot of demons also. She experienced abuse that was never addressed and when she told my brother he tried to help her get through it but, eventually her issues ended their relationship. Even if he opened up to Neela, I don't think she could help him. I really think she is ready for a man who has it together.

Michael as nice as he was he had demons too. His fathers approval was important to him. We learned that during his funeral when his mom said he ask his father if he should go back and his father told him yes. He threw away his marriage to be a hero to his dad.

Gates, had to many issues too and he seems to be gettimg it together now. But Neela would never be able to help him. He needed to deal with Meg and Sarah. Neela was never ever going to be top priority, Now Brenner.

She is past all of that, you can see that she wants more and deserves more. Ray, has grown in front of our eyes and behind the scenes. We watch him go from a cocky dispo doc to a dedicated doctor and friend. He grew to think of others first. After his accident he was able to get through a serious injury to becoming a confident, responsible, highly dedicated doctor. He is focused and ready to take on the world. Neela is there also. All she needs is a man that undersatnds her and that she understands, a man that communicates, listens,sympathizes, that knows her likes and dislikes and she knows his. A man that knows that she likes anchovies on her pizza, and shares it with her. A man that konws what her favorite shows are and that she knows what type of music gets him going. She needs a man that is a friend as well as a lover. Ray fits that bill 100%.

Carter was okay, I think instead of getting upset about at every correction he should have embraced it Banfield told him when you go away for so long to a country who is not as medically sophisticated as us and returns to the USA and the new medical advances. He should have stepped back a little and watch the others and re learn. I love Carter I really do but, he really needs to humble himself. I did not like waht he said to Neela. It proves my point that he is not taking the time to get back in the loop. I can see that Neela was pissed.

I am so afraid for Claudia. Archie senses that also.

Sam, annoys me and I am glad her mom did not recgonize her.

Go Banfields!!! SLAP!!! That guy at the adoption place was an idiot.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
New Fan

Gah, i really felt for Brenner in this episode. He's got so many demons haunting him that he can't even function properly anymore. I feel like he's so lost that he can't open up. It's a pitiful, chilling fact really, how realistic David's portrayal is. I can only imagine what type of dark place he had to go to in order to dig out such disturbing emotion. Even if there were no Ray in the picture and Neela cared about him as much as he cared about her...he wouldn't be ready for a relationship.

Last edited by Belle08; 02-26-2009 at 11:20 PM
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
alll he cares about is sex.
there's truth in that, slicknick, but i don't think it's about the sex itself, as it is about using sex as a diversion to avoid talking about his past and the issues that go along with those memories...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the only part i liked was carter joking with banfield about wanting a kidney!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:06 AM
New Fan

I loved David Lyons acting!! He is doing an amazing job. I would totally watch any show with him. I do think he needs help. I wish he would open up about him tto Neela.. She wants a relationship with him because she wants to communicate with him. Which means she cares. I think Brenner will push her away. I still dont think ray should be with her. He needs someone who adores him. I will never see ray and Neela even if Brenner and her dont work. I stopped thinking she was the one for him after he lost his legs. I hope the writer give brenner's child abuse a closure. Loved the piece with carter joking around with Banfield.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome episode.

I so loved Banfield's husband punching that guy at the start of the episode. It sounded like be broke the guy's skull!

Welcome back, Carter. It feels so good to have him back in the ER and back in the trauma room. He made some good calls, but showed that he has some things to learn before he can be his old self again. I loved seeing him go toe-to-toe with Neela over the paralysed patient. Neela does forget that Carter was in surgery, and was responsible for much of her early teaching. Dubenko pointed out too that people at County will always have more experience than her. It goes back to what Corday told her in Dream Runner:

Corday: At County, you will always be "Little Neela".

So it is no surprise that Neela has decides to leave County. I hope she does because she has worked there for her entire medial career. It's time to go somewhere new.

Also, I thought it was funny to see Neela so opposed to putting the carbon monoxide guy into the chamber. Do you guys remember when Neela had to stay inside the chamber with a baby for hours back in Season 10? She absolutely hated it, (she even had her ears pop and some breathing problems), so it's cool to see she is still disenchanted with the machine.

By the way, you can really notice Parminder's pregnancy a lot more. She was in lots of layers in the first scene, and then she was in all black in her apartment at the end. She's such a cute little pregnant woman.

The last scene with Sam and her mother was very powerful. Say what you want about Sam, but you had to feel for both of them when her mother said "I wish I had a daughter like you". One can only imagine how much heartache Mrs Taggart has been through, not having one of her children in her life.

Brenner's reaction to the little girl's weariness about her foster father was justified to an extent. He was right to go to the home and find out if there was any truth to what she had told him. But grabbing the dad and snapping the way he did was out of line. Clearly Brenner needs help. I just hope he can get it in time.

I take my hat off to David Lyons because he is doing an exceptional job of playing Brenner's juxtaposing emotions. Forgetting how sloppy his character has been crafted, it is at least giving him plenty to play with.

The one thing that bothered me about Ray's phone call was that Ray was the one making the call. Already this season, he has been to visit and sent her a Valentine's Day CD. Now I'm sure there's more going on offscreen, but it seems like Ray is always the one having to initiate contact with Neela. Although, I suppose there's not much more the writers can do given how Shane West isn't part of the cast anymore, so they are limited as to how much focus there can be on his character.

All in all, a very enjoyable episode. I appreciate Carter's presence more than ever, and it's sad to see how so many people in the hospital have either forgotten him or have no idea who he is. He was in 250 episodes, people!!

Only 5 episodes left.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Loyal Fan

An episode with Lucien in, at last! I still haven't watched the last two because he wasn't in them. I can't be bothered with this show anymore when Leland isn't in it.

I wanted to smack Neela with an emesis basin this episode. She used to be one of my favourite characters but now I've just had enough of her attitude.

"You don't view me as an equal."

Get the hell over yourself. How dare she say that to Lucien. The "I have 15 years of experience on you so actually, no, I don't," she got in response made me very happy though.

As did Banfield's hubby smacking that guy in the face. I LOLd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)

Brenner: Totally needs psychiatric help, like right now! This strategy to handle his childhood scars by himself is definitely not working. He's obviously very disturbed.
Totally agree with this.

Grissom: The best intentions are fraught with disappointment.