Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.11 "Separation Anxiety" {January 8, 2009}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
SEPARATION ANXIETY
BLOOD BROTHERS FOR LIFE—Banfield (Angela Bassett) treats two brothers that come into the ER with serious injuries after a drug deal goes bad. Gates (John Stamos) is upset with Sam (Linda Cardellini) that she didn’t tell him that Alex (Dominic Janes) was going home from the hospital. Neela (Parminder Nagra) considers pediatric surgery after treating a young girl with sickle cell anemia. Meanwhile, Dr. Banfield and her husband (guest star Courtney B. Vance) make a critical decision about the future of their family. Scott Grimes also stars.
Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a good episode. Neela considering pediatric surgery hu I can totally picture that for her. We haven't had a good pediatric surgeon on this show since Abby (can't remember her last name) back in the old episodes.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We haven't had a good pediatric surgeon on this show since Abby (can't remember her last name) back in the old episodes.
Dr Abby Keaton.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't picture Neela in peds...it'd be like when Peter wanted to do it...they just don't have people skills. I can't see her being good with kids. lol.

Yeah I remember Dr. Abby Keaton. I remember thinking ER recycles names a lot! Cuz there was Abby Keaton then Lockhart. Doug's dad's name was Ray, There was Maggie Doyle then Abby's mom was Maggie...I'm sure there's more!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Keaton- thanks

And Genocidal Smasher- you do have an excellent point. Forgot to take that factor into consideration.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Supreme Fan

It may very well turn out that she considers it and decides that pedes isn't her thing. Who knows?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. Whether it's Peds or not, I do hope we find out what specialty she decides on before the show ends. I can't see her doing general surgery forever.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocidal Smasher (View Post)
I can't see her being good with kids. lol.
I would have agreed a few years back, but I think she changed. And kids are not grown-ups, you don't deal with them the way you do with adults. I don't know, it'd be nice to see Neela do something else. I can't wait for this ep!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Neela said back in S10 that she didn't like treating kids, but she interacted with children since then, and she interacts with a child in this episode, so maybe that interaction makes her change her mind. We won't know 'til it airs, but it's possible.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Should be a good episode this week.

I don't think Pediatric Surgery is the best fit for Neela. Those doctors need to be able to walk the line between being especially comforting for their patients, and being incredibly detached when working on them. Now, Neela can be comforting (remember her heart patient last season) and detached (it's one of her signature traits haha), but constantly treating kids would be so difficult. God, there's nothing worse for a doctor than failing to save a child.

Or maybe Neela will turn out to be an ideal fit for this speciality. We'll find out soon enough.

Never noticed all the co-incidences with the characters' names. Pretty cool.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited for the episode tonight.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I almost forgot it was on tonight. I'll be watching.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
I almost forgot it was on tonight. I'll be watching.
Ok, just saw the episode for the 2nd time tonite. What can I say I'm an ER addict.
Is there a 12 step program for this somewhere? But I digress!!

Overall a good episode. Loved Morris and the undercover narc.. Anyone else see the chemistry there? I'm starting to really like Banfield, really feeling for her with the whole wanting to have a baby thing...but I'm prediciting they'll be fostering Quincy sometime soon.
Really felt sorry for Gates, Sam is being a bit of a bitch, but I think I'd be worse if something terrible happened to my child, Anyway was feeling really sorry for Gates
until the poor judgement with Daria. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the rest of the season.
Now onto my favourite part of the epi..The littel girl in Sickle Crisis. Did anyone notice the emotion on Neela's face...That girl was almost giddy when sh heard Ray was "thinking of her". Her eyes spoke volumes to her true feelings for Ray.
Did anyone notice the picture is from the Fridge and CD Ray made for Neela.
Man that boy is "smokin' hot!!. I think us Roomie fans have nothing to worry about because,. slowly but surely we are seeing where, or should I say with whom Neela's heart really is. As for her interaction with the little girl, that was very sweet and compasionate. Maybe Neela has deep feelings and emotions buried under that stoic British exterior after all.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought the scene with Neela getting a text from Ray was awesome!!! It was so cute!

Gates has fallen into a totally pathetic state ever since Sam broke things off!!

Daria is totally gullible!

Sam is being a b*tch as usual!!

Whoa! So the new triangle is now Gates/Sam/Daria huh. Who cares?

Gates' storyline with the Iraq veteren is far more interesting than any other storyline he's been in this season. But that's not saying much.

I'm starting to feel for Banfield. I hope she and her husband succeed in having a baby. However, it does look like she may have to consider a surrogate or adoption.

Good to see Coburn again!

I wonder what's in store for Archie's love life. I wouldn't mind if the brought hope back.

Oh yeah, did I mention how adorable that scene with Neela getting the text from Ray was? Oh I love my roomies!!!

Can't wait to see Alex Kingston's return next week!!!

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Gates has fallen into a totally pathetic state ever since Sam broke things off!!

Daria is totally gullible!

Sam is being a b*tch as usual!!

Whoa! So the new triangle is now Gates/Sam/Daria huh. Who cares?
Gates has gotten a bit pathetic about Sam. Cause I think she's a high and mighty bitch and don't see what he sees in her. After some of the things she's said, how can you go back?

I don't think Daria is completely gullible. He told her up front what he wanted and maybe all she wants is his bod too. Just because she's crushing on him it doesn't have to mean she's thinking marriage. Besides, that scene between the two of them was pretty hot. Lots of eye flirting and that kiss...Shiri is a damn good actress. I felt sparks there that were far more interesting than anything I've seen between Gates and Sam.

I find the Gates/Daria/Sam triangle very interesting. And care very much.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin