Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 15.1 "Life After Death" {September 25, 2008} SEASON PREMIERE!

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
LIFE AFTER DEATH
IT’S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH—Abby (Maura Tierney) wakes up after the ambulance explosion and realizes that she has a broken wrist but quickly rushes to check on the others in the ambulance. A mother and daughter are also rushed in from the explosion and Abby misdiagnoses the case. Meanwhile, Morris (Scott Grimes) and Neela (Parminder Nagra) struggle to keep up with the injuries sustained from the explosion. John Stamos, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini and David Lyons also star.
Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait, I didn't realize that it was tonight
Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Ooh, man, I cried. Very good episode, very sad.

Last edited by Janelle; 09-25-2008 at 06:10 PM
Old 09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
New Fan

How'd you see it already?

I'm... anxious. Even knowing what happens.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrwhispr (View Post)
How'd you see it already?

I'm... anxious. Even knowing what happens.
You haven't seen it? Well it was on here at 8, in Canada. Mekhi Phifer was phenomenal.
Greys Anatomy is on now.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
New Fan

You must have a different schedule. It's just starting now in the states, eastern/central. Grey's started an hour ago but there was overlap. I chose ER because Grey's will be online tomorrow and ER won't. And ER was my first love. You never forget your first.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I have one word to describe this episode: GUTTED!!!!!

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I cannot remember the last time I cried this much on a tv show.

I knew someone was going to die, I just really didn't want it to be Pratt. I love him!

That was so emotional and so very well done. *sniffles*
Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 PM
New Fan

Yeah... pretty much. It feels like someone removed the muscles from my body. I love seeing Morris step up and actually mature. That was probably my favorite part about the episode. But Pratt's tears when they were talking about the hematoma... oh damn. That was when I started crying and... I didn't really stop 'til after the credits.

The song at the end was absolutely perfect, although it just made the tears worse for me... lol...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Well, that was horrendous.

TIIC must have really been mad at Mekhi for leaving. That was one of the worst done exits in the history of ER. And we've had helicopters crash on people!

He was gone before the episode was even half over! And what was up with the brother being the only one upset? I mean, I know these people see death everyday, but I didn't expect for everyone to be quite so dry eyed and accepting. I would have expected Morris to have a MUCH harder time accepting he was gone than he did.

I'm just.. I felt the execution of the episode lacked a lot.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

This episode was heart-breaking. Mekhi Phifer was incredible. I knew that someone was going to die and never thought that it would end up being Dr. Pratt. I knew I would be sad, but I sure didn't expect to bawl my eyes out. I guess that's the tip of the iceberg for what's to come in the last season of ER.

ღ Malex ♥ Sante ♥ Barchie ღ
💚VLAMIS | ZAMPROGNA | BLACKBURN💚
Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

The biggest disappointment for me was that Pratt didn't get to fix his relationship with Charlie. That would have brought his story full circle and made his character more complete. I was also very disappointed that Betina didn't get to talk to him in the hospital before he died.

Ray: OK, roomie! Just give me a minute to put my legs on!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
New Fan

I cried as well. Even knowing that someone was going to die, it was still tough to see Pratt (Phifer) go. Then Abby is leaving in the next few weeks, I don't know if I will be able to watch after that. She was one of the last few reasons I watch ER. There are no originals left. This sucks!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pratt. I am really going to miss his presence in County General over the next 18 episodes.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidbit2008 (View Post)
Well, that was horrendous.

TIIC must have really been mad at Mekhi for leaving. That was one of the worst done exits in the history of ER. And we've had helicopters crash on people!

He was gone before the episode was even half over! And what was up with the brother being the only one upset? I mean, I know these people see death everyday, but I didn't expect for everyone to be quite so dry eyed and accepting. I would have expected Morris to have a MUCH harder time accepting he was gone than he did.

I'm just.. I felt the execution of the episode lacked a lot.
I have not cried that much during a tv show in the long time.

I actually thought it was a great exit even though I'm mad at TPTB for killing him off. Why not have him move to some country with Betina or something. lol.

I thought the way morris reacted was perfectly normal. i don't agree with you saying chase was the only one upset. Morris, Frank, Neela, Sam, Abby, The Nurses, and etc all looked visibly shaken. The way Frank touched pratts shoulder in the elevator...wow it broke my heart.

I was upset about the one scene from the sides between neela and debunko didnt make it but oh well.

R.I.P Pratt!

I have known pratt was gonna die for a while but as you can see it didnt make it any easier on me.

The scene where morris gave betina the ring pratt picked out.. omg that was sad.

I'm not even gonna mention the neela and brenner *******. I don't know why people sleep with people they hate.