Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion 14.9 "Skye's the Limit" {November 29, 2007}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
SKYE'S THE LIMIT
LIVING UP TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL-KARI MATCHETT ("24") GUEST STARS – Kovac’s (Goran Visnjic) brother comes for a visit from Croatia causing Abby (Maura Tierney) to feel crowded in her own home. Gates (John Stamos) starts to feel the pressure of fatherhood when Sarah (Chloe Greenfield) decides to have a sleepover with her friends. Meanwhile, Pratt is upset when a new temporary ER chief is named. Parminder Nagra, Linda Cardellini and Scott Grimes also star.
YouTube - ER 14.09 NBC Promo

Have at it guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Let me be the first to squeeeee! that there's finally a new episode tonight.

Can't wait.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

First of all let me say: Hoooooray!!!!!!!! Dubenko and Skye. What a sexy scene. Those yoga excercises have really paid off.
This was a very interesting episode and I really liked it. It got everyone involved and wasn't just focused on one or two characters. Abby has hit rock bottom and it's really sad to look at. I'm so sorry for Luka's dad. I think Luka has figured out that Abby has relapsed. They seemed uneasy throughout the entire episode and that final scene really proved to me that their marriage is on rocky ground. Niko is such a nice guy. I love how he called Abby extroadinary. Too bad Abby wasn't able to embrace him. I'm glad Pratt wants to be taken more seriously and wants more responsiblity. He sure has grown alot. Does anyone else think that Sam and Gates are going to hook up? I can see the Sam/Alex and Gates/Sarah single parent parallels just running across the screen. This episode should have been called the "Fear of outsiders". Abby not being able to connect with Niko; Gates not being wanted at the slumber party; Skye as well as the staff trying to adjust to her new role as ER chief; Pratt feeling ignored; the racist kid jumping to conclusions about the spanish lady and her son; Harold having his girlfriend taken away by another guy and fearing being lonely and not loved. Everything was connected. Very solid episode. One of the best of the season. I enjoyed it.

Last edited by G-UNIT; 11-29-2007 at 09:14 PM
Old 11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I also thought it was a great episode.

It really hurts to watch Abby destructing like this. It's very realistic, though, for her to be lashing out at Luka when she's the one who has cheated and possibly destroyed the marriage. She was right to be angry with him for galavanting around Croatia with his brother all that time, never answering her calls -- but what she has done is clearly not an appropriate answer. I already feel terrible for him, because she's going to have to tell him, and it's going to absolutely crush his world. You could tell he hadn't had a clue how hard his absence had affected her.

Dubenko and Skye really cracked me up. I think I like Skye... not quite sure yet. We know Dubenko wouldn't turn down sex with a woman he likes, when it's offered so freely. I lawl'd at his easy-going, "Love the one you're with, mm-hmm".

Gates, just ugh. Breaking more laws. Being a tool. The usual. I could have done with less of him.

I love Sam and Morris when they play off of each other. Especially knowing how much Linda and Scott get along in reality, it makes the scenes that much more fun.

Pratt, I felt bad for. I'm glad he seems to be considering a different tactic than leaving. I'm hoping that he will stay, but I also remember that he doesn't plan to stay on after this season, so I don't know how that will turn out.

Neela and Harold I enjoyed... I also thought maybe Neela was thinking of Ray when Harold was lamenting about his home-coming date. Probably I was reading too much into it, but hey... I can dream, can't I? Neela certainly looked thoughtful when Harold mentioned that success was no good with nobody to share it with...
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I also thought maybe Neela was thinking of Ray when Harold was lamenting about his home-coming date. Probably I was reading too much into it, but hey... I can dream, can't I? Neela certainly looked thoughtful when Harold mentioned that success was no good with nobody to share it with...
I so wanted to believe that too Galaxy, especially after reading it in the spoilers. Unfortunately, after Harold said it the camera basically stayed on him as he was walking away. So we really didn't get to see Neela's reaction so that kinda makes it hard to make the connection with Ray. But like you said we can still dream.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Niko came across dumb as a post instead of someone with language issues.

Abby is absolutely justified in her anger towards Luka. She's not justified in her drinking binges but that's the disease there.

As for Luka, zero sympathy for him. He's the one being a self-centered idiot. "You're better now"? Really Luka, you moron. Once and addict always an addict. Go back to medical school.

Harold, you sealed your fate by putting on that blue tux and getting "get some" tips from Morris. I laughed when he told Neela how Homecoming went.

Sam/Gates is so going to happen. Yargh.

Dubenko, you un-suave dweeb. I was laughing throughout the scene with Skye. Relationship my butt, she plainly stated that she wants sex and nothing more. Nice secret romance there, promo monkeys. Frank's going to kill him when he finds out.

Skye? Meh. I didn't like her insinuation that Sam needs to be something more than she is. If Sam wants to be more, great, but the line delivery made it sound like Sam's accomplishments as a nurse weren't meaningful.

Morris? How about not training Sam and studying for your boards?

And Greg? I hate the "Let me be Chief" routine. He has only been an attending for a year and a half and is only just now board certified. He is not qualified in the least to run the ER.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

From Marc Berman:
Quote:
A repeat of CBS’ Without a Trace was first in total viewers (9.86 million) and second among adults 18-49 (2.5/ 7) at 10 p.m. Just the opposite was NBC’s fading ER, at 8.62 million viewers (#2) and a first-place 3.4/ 9 in the demo. While ER did build from lead-in Scrubs, compared to one year earlier (Viewers: 13.36 million; A18-49: 5.8/15) that was a loss of 4.74 million viewers and 41 percent among adults 18-49.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubenko_junkie (View Post)
Niko came across dumb as a post instead of someone with language issues.

Abby is absolutely justified in her anger towards Luka. She's not justified in her drinking binges but that's the disease there.

As for Luka, zero sympathy for him. He's the one being a self-centered idiot. "You're better now"? Really Luka, you moron. Once and addict always an addict. Go back to medical school.

Harold, you sealed your fate by putting on that blue tux and getting "get some" tips from Morris. I laughed when he told Neela how Homecoming went.

Sam/Gates is so going to happen. Yargh.

Dubenko, you un-suave dweeb. I was laughing throughout the scene with Skye. Relationship my butt, she plainly stated that she wants sex and nothing more. Nice secret romance there, promo monkeys. Frank's going to kill him when he finds out.

Skye? Meh. I didn't like her insinuation that Sam needs to be something more than she is. If Sam wants to be more, great, but the line delivery made it sound like Sam's accomplishments as a nurse weren't meaningful.

Morris? How about not training Sam and studying for your boards?

And Greg? I hate the "Let me be Chief" routine. He has only been an attending for a year and a half and is only just now board certified. He is not qualified in the least to run the ER.
ITA about Skye telling Sam she could be something more. I graduate nursing school in... 19 days!!!! And it is no picnic! Being an RN is hard and rewarding. But I tend to find that many doctors are pompous and treat us like idiots... and I often find that we know more details than they do about a case.

I also totally agree that Abby has a right to be angry with Luka for what he did. I also think, while he should know more about alcoholism, you never truly know it unless you are around it. And I don't think he really has been. So I have mixed feelings on that front. And obviously, I think the cheating was unjustified, but we know she had no idea what she was doing when she did that... and I hope he at least comes to understand that, if he can't forgive it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Doesn't matter if he has never personally known an alcoholic and doesn't understand the triggering effects and the personal behaviors. That he is so blatantly ignorant about addiction is the idiotic part. He actually said she's "better now". You don't cure addiction. Once an addict always an addict regardless of the substance. If he, as an ER doctor in an inner city, doesn't know this, god help his patients. Half of whom have always been addicts and drug seekers of some sort.

Last edited by dubenko_junkie; 11-30-2007 at 01:22 PM
Old 11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah.

I take for granted that I understand alcoholics and drug addicts so well... half of my immediate family are hard-core of both.

But you make a good point -- these are the kinds of patients Luka would be seeing all the time in the inner-city. Maybe he's just clueless and doesn't get it... how could he, really? By his statement, it's obvious that he doesn't get it at all.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

And thus, I have zero sympathy for him. If he can't think beyond his own wants and needs and realize that he married an addict and all that this entails, too bad when things go sour and he's clueless. He chose her, insisted they move in together and insisted they get married on his time table. Then he never once thought that his leaving for six months could affect Abby (with known issues regarding abandonment, hesitation about getting married when and how they did and the fact that she is an alcoholic)? You get what you put into it, buddy. Welcome to life with an alcoholic, get a helmet.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Neela and Harold I enjoyed... I also thought maybe Neela was thinking of Ray when Harold was lamenting about his home-coming date. Probably I was reading too much into it, but hey... I can dream, can't I? Neela certainly looked thoughtful when Harold mentioned that success was no good with nobody to share it with...
Quote:
I so wanted to believe that too Galaxy, especially after reading it in the spoilers. Unfortunately, after Harold said it the camera basically stayed on him as he was walking away. So we really didn't get to see Neela's reaction so that kinda makes it hard to make the connection with Ray. But like you said we can still dream.
I know, I wished it too after reading it in spoilers

This sounds like interesting episode..I can't wait to see it!
Is there one or two episodes left before Christmas?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Is there one or two episodes left before Christmas?
No. The Christmas episode is next week.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
No. The Christmas episode is next week.
Oh, thanks. It is 300th episode of ER,isn't it?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

does anyone have the next week promo...?

Lois & Clark

Klaus & Caroline