Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion 14.8 "Coming Home" {November 15, 2007}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
COMING HOME
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS -- GORAN VISNJIC RETURNS, STANLEY TUCCI ("The Devil Wears Prada") AND REIKO AYLESWORTH ("24") GUEST STAR-- Gates (John Stamos) and Julia (guest star Reiko Aylesworth) nurture their newly found romance but are quickly interrupted by a troubled phone call from Sarah (Chloe Greenfield). Abby (Maura Tierney) continues to be off her game and the other doctors are starting to take notice. Harold (Steven Christopher Parker) saves the day in a critical situation and still makes his date. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) surprises Abby by returning a day earlier. Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Parminder Nagra and Scott Grimes also star.
YouTube - ER 14.08 NBC Promo

Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really, really, really hope we are spared screaming Baby Joe in this episode.

Oh and yay. Luka's coming back. Oh joy.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Supreme Fan

No kidding. I'm amazed the poor child doesn't have a hernia from all that screaming. Though, his mother's a mess and his father left him. Who can blame the kid?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm ready for them to SORAS (Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome) the kid. Let Luka and Abby deal with a teenager for a while. You think Abby's off the bottle now...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Hahaha. Oh, that would be fabu. He'd be a depressed drunk with anger management issues and a habit of one night stands, who takes money from dying patients and uses it to hire hookers for therapy and to buy more booze.

Seriously, they better get the kid some therapy. But seeing as Luka is his father and the only therapy he's ever sought was hookers in S9, I don't see that happening. At this rate, the kid's better off living with crazy Grandma Maggie.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Ugh Harold.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Loyal Fan

First things first: Luka's brother is an ugly little toad.

Now for the eppy, everything Gates related annoyed from his pothead girlfriend to them recasting Sarah's grandparents to be total bumpkins.

Abby, well her conversation with the patient's dad was all sorts of anivls for her, probably in part leading to her going home to drink some more despite telling Neela that "Luka's home now, things will be better." Couple that with walking in to find Luka's "surprise" is an unannounced houseguest and Abby goes right for the booze.

Booze she spills on the floor of Joe's room cause she's too skoshed and trips over her own feet. The scene at the end with her sobbing on the floor as she tires to clean up her mess is just sad. Between the spilled drink, Luka being back and wanting to be all alone with her once his bro is asleep, and everything else wrong in her life, no wonder she's a sobbing mess.

Enjoyed her puking in the sink after Luka and Moretti meet too, though they should know each other from staff meetings. Moretti ran the ICU before the ER (Dubenko and he were even on a first name basis.)

Morris IS the keeper of the cheese, and that sub plot was just horrid. How many British stereotupes can we spot, folks?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Was it just me or was this episode way too Gatescentric? I love the chemistry between he and Sarah but it is the only storyline that makes Gates watchable and quite frankly, I don't know if I want to see it all season long. That chaplain lost all credibility with me after taking a drag from that joint. I'm sure that's what God wanted. The scene where Moretti bumped into Luka and Abby kissing was just classic. That scene was so uncomfortable to watch. I'm so happy that Luka is back. Niko looks nothing like I envisioned. He's short and goofy looking. He's like the opposite of Luka. Abby slipping that Vodka in the soda can and then drinking it in front of Joe was just pathetic. I can't believe I'm saying this but Harold is starting to grow on me. It looks like Neela is doing well with mentoring him and he's beginning to develop his social skills. The second tuxedo so fit his personality much more than the first one did. Another dumb storyline for Morris to be an idiot with. He's always funny but to be honest I'm getting weary of seeing him be the clown every week. Pratt pulled another dissappearing act. Was that Dubenko in a love scene in the promo for next episode?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

The promo was entirely patient-centric. I didn't even see Dubenko in it, but I do know he appears in the episode.

And yes, Abby's drinking in the nursery just hammered home what an all-consuming addiction alcohol is to those afflicted with the disease. It rules all and creeps into every crevice of your life reducing you to the pathetic sight we saw.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I just watched the promo again and it was definitely Dubenko in a love scene. He was topless and he was ripping off a woman's (it looked like Skye) shirt and kissing her. Go Dubenko!! All those years of sexual frustration has been let out.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Loyal Fan

You must have gotten a different promo than my affiliate aired, it was only the patient in the ER and his angry son/illegal immigrants.

And hahaha Skye, in two episodes and all ready getting naked. At least Chaplain chick waited a few.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Go Dubenko!! All those years of sexual frustration has been let out.
Except he's doing it with the wrong woman.

<---is completely bitter.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Loyal Fan

He should have shaved his head bald instead of the hedge hog look, I guess. Who knew?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I knew it! I KNEW those weren't the same actors who played Sarah's grandparents before!!!! AAAAHHH! CONTINUITY!!!!

OK, now that *that's* off my chest...

I'll start with my usual Gates rant. Let's see, you go on a date and then make fun of the entire evening as something stupid that wasted your time. Score 1. You sleep with a woman and then equate her to a prostitute as a joke. Score 2! Glad he got Sarah back, though, I'll enjoy seeing her around again. That kid is just a golden little actress.

Harold grew on me a tiny bit this week, probably because he actually showed some humanity. How many people think Harold did NOT get some after his date? *raises hand*

It's so nice to see Neela finally getting some peace and working in the O.R. Was that Dr. Grossman who was in the O.R. with her? (The cooky one?).

Abby... ugh. Once again, her illness was palpable. I have never made a horrid drunken mistake like that, but for some reason I knew that she was portraying EXACTLY what that would feel like in the aftermath... the sickness, shame, guilt... avoiding Moretti like the plague. Throwing up when Luka returned, then turning to her booze stash to try and blur the pain. I thought it was so realistic that she cried after he hinted to her that they could finally be alone together "just the two" of them, and not to wake the baby up... how could she possibly sleep with him after what she'd done?

I kind of enjoyed the Morris storyline, it was amusing (although certainly full of stereotypes, as you mentioned DJ). I thought the Solomon-esque reference was funny.

I did not get the preview that showed Dubenko with Skye, either!!! LOL. That's going to be fun to watch. Two more weeks, can't wait!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
You sleep with a woman and then equate her to a prostitute as a joke. Score 2! Glad he got Sarah back, though, I'll enjoy seeing her around again. That kid is just a golden little actress.
Actually, Galaxy, I think he was calling himself a prostitute because he told her to leave the money on the dresser. But it's crass either way. I'm not that crazy about Sarah. I feel like her storyline had its run last season and that's enough. I really don't want to see an extended, ER version of Uncle Jesse raising a rebellious teeenage DJ.

Quote:
How many people think Harold did NOT get some after his date? *raises hand*
I second that. Poor clueless Harold. I like the kid, though.

Quote:
I knew it! I KNEW those weren't the same actors who played Sarah's grandparents before!!!! AAAAHHH! CONTINUITY!!!!
Speaking of continuity, I hope they don't try to bring in another actor and try to pass him off as RAY!!!!

Last edited by Sandalwood; 11-16-2007 at 09:35 AM