Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Supreme Fan

They do cry a lot at that stage, but like d_j said, it's distracting and makes it hard to hear the dialogue, which is actually the important part of the episode. So yes, they either need to find a way to make the kids less cranky, or they need to use a separate audio track so they can adjust the volume accordingly.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, like I say to my husband whenever I hear that baby crying, you know... I have the kids in bed before ER starts so I don't have to listen to that noise... and listening to Joe squeal negates the whole point of that.

Annoying, but in the episode this week, I suppose very realistic.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

The baby's crying can be very distracting, but I think it was making Abby even more frazzled and even more short-tempered, and I suppose that was the desired effect.

Hopefully, baby Joe tones it down.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
The baby's crying can be very distracting, but I think it was making Abby even more frazzled and even more short-tempered, and I suppose that was the desired effect.

Hopefully, baby Joe tones it down.
The script said he would be crying - I think that says it all.

I think these boys are wonderful actors already.
You can notice it in all their other roles.

And if I'm not mistaken even Goran and Maura said that in the live blog at the end of last season.... .. Goran said they were the most professional ones.

And their scenes on Jigsaw "the nanny search" was very good.

As for him tonning down, Tata will be back next week, I'm sure he'll tone it down.

Source told me they have a part, unless it's cut , one of the boys will appear as baby Joe (A few scenes of "Gravity" were cut)
Old 11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, what's that saying? "never work with kids & animals!"
but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke
Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm unsticking this to make room for the new thread, but feel free to continue discussing the episode here.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

"never work with kids & animals!"
My motto.

Last edited by GooGooGaGa; 11-16-2007 at 03:04 PM Reason: I am too sleepy to read and think. sorry
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hated all that: Abby with Moretti, being drunk... Awww All my lubby heaven fell apart.
Maura did a wonderful job, though... I felt like she was really drunk and desperate, I got nervous when she got hope and she was like crazy...

I never thought that that could happen with Moretti, you bastard!

Luka coming home, was so sweet, though I would have loved to see them more romantic.

Bad bad idea, bringing the brother... he's ugly too xD LoL!

|Bones/Booth|Luke/Lorelai|Luka/Abby
Old 06-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

In the Maura thread, we were talking about reactions to this episode, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
Maura was excellent in this episode. She's been on the show for 8 years and she still seems incredibly invested in her performances (She's a funny drunk, btw).

As a long-time fan, I was beaming when Chuny said, "I sitll remember when Mark Greene and Doug Ross were running the place." But, like Chuny, I had a little "How old am I?!" look on my face when Sam had no clue who she was talking about.

I'm torn over what happened with Abby and Morretti. I hate that she is messing up so badly and I hate that she slept with him, but I'm glad that ER isn't breezing through this story and that they're actually making it an important story for Abby's character. If they had revisited her alcoholism just so she could have a few hangovers before Luka returned, then it would have been a waste of time. Then again, I'm not happy that they're revisiting it at all because her character has come so far in the last couple of years.

Poor Morris. As soon as he said he was worried Pratt might have failed, I knew Morris had to be the one who did fail. You knew it would come back and slap him in the face.
Huh, well what do you know - I actually managed a coherent response to this episode back when it first aired.

However, I am surprised that I said what I did in bold, as while certainly it was not fun to see Abby relapse, when all was said and done, I was glad that the show spent so much of Maura's last year on the show deeply exploring the darker side of her character. I would have been so bored by another season of 'Abby, the well-adjusted mom and wife.' Okay, it's Maura we are talking about so I could have never been bored, but still - I think the Season 14 storyline was worthwhile (save for the years it shaved off my life.)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could have done without the cheating on Luka part.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Chief Geek

Quote:
Huh, well what do you know - I actually managed a coherent response to this episode back when it first aired.
You sound surprised. My initial reaction was in this order- threw a pillow, pouted and said I need a drink.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
I could have done without the cheating on Luka part.
Agreed. I think it could have been done better if they'd shown more of the rebuilding of trust between Luka and Abby, but between Goran being gone and the WGA strike, it was sort of rushed. I think the scene in the park was a good summation of their history given the short time they had, but still, I wanted the writers to really drive it home that they were coming out of it stronger.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandorama (View Post)
Agreed. I think it could have been done better if they'd shown more of the rebuilding of trust between Luka and Abby, but between Goran being gone and the WGA strike, it was sort of rushed. I think the scene in the park was a good summation of their history given the short time they had, but still, I wanted the writers to really drive it home that they were coming out of it stronger.
I kinda thought their reconciliation was pretty fast. One minute, they're not happy with each other then a walk over the park, they're doing fine. JMO but I'm glad it worked out in the end.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

^ I can completely understand, but Luka has always demonstrated a tendency toward revelation-like decisions. He doesn't mull things over once something strikes him. It could have been clearer, particularly with respect to the interaction between and Hal Holbrook's character, but I can buy it as believable that something small could trigger a change. The rowboat speech took a few years to process, but I think I understand - he was afraid to engage for fear of breaking their fragile relationship, until he realized that it was dynamic and could withstand difficulties.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Cheating was the best thing.Not many tv shows would even think about the main character cheating on her husband.Plus both were on a show for near ten years and both pretty much were "the last one's standing".
While ER was never terrible it became kinda "safe" after season twelve and that episode was a great comeback to old ER - brave and fast drama.
Editing and music were also spectacular.