Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

From Marc Berman:
Quote:
Comparably, that beat competing Big Shots on ABC (Viewers: #2, 8.62 million; A18-49: #2, 3.6/ 9) and ER on NBC (Viewers: #3, 8.42 million; A18-49: #3, 3.4/ 9) combined. One year earlier, ER scored a considerably heftier 14.56 million viewers and a 5.8/16 in the demo.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Many on other boards?" How many boards do you people post at? Ha ha .

Of course I'm hooked on ER but it is true, the poor characters never end up happy for too long. I can see that yes, it's a drama, but the past few seasons just pushed it way too far into mellow-drama. I felt bad for Abby in this one. She's hitting rock bottom and yes, she messed up but it's not like she's not aware of that. And we know she's leaving at the end of this season (cancellation or not) so I'm sure they wanted to give her one last hurrah before her exit. It'll be interesting to watch the aftermath of this.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

The Luby fans must be gutted right now. Hey, I have a new name for our new "power" couple: Morby Ha! Ha! And instead of baby Joe, maybe we can call him baby Mo. Ha! Ha!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
New Fan

Tell me why is baby-Joe crying all_the_time ? In every episode he is crying his guts out. He must be a pretty stressed baby in real life..
Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa (View Post)
Tell me why is baby-Joe crying all_the_time ? In every episode he is crying his guts out. He must be a pretty stressed baby in real life..
It's so distracting, they need to adjust the levels or something because I can never hear the dialoge over him crying! Same with that crying baby with the heart condition.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Closed captioning is the only way to catch dialoge half the time.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quick question! Does anyone know who the hairy actor was who was playing Moretti's double when he had his shirt off in the apartment after Abby woke up? I thought it was Chewbacca from Star Wars but I could be wrong. Can anyone tell me who it was?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I honestly don't know what the big deal is about Tucci's chest. Human beings have hair. He's got dark hair and obviously doesn't wax or shave it off. Big deal.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Supreme Fan

There's nothing wrong with Tucci having hair. Jake had plenty in S11. Not my thing, but going on past history, Abby seems to have a thing for hairy men.

I have taken care of the multiple posts. Sometimes the servers get out of synch and things go a little wonky. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who are anything but happy at the development in this week's episode. If you want to be pissed off about it, that's fine. But Goran did not write the episode and he does not decide the storylines. He didn't 'let' it imitate anything. And personally, I lost any respect I might have had for him during the summer with his paternity/adultery mess. However, if the writers are so desperate for ideas that they're pilfering material from his real life drama, then it really is time to pull the plug.

And the ratings apparently agree. This is the lowest rated November sweeps episode in show history, if I remember correctly. And you know you're in trouble when you're losing the demo to tripe like "Big Shots". Definitely time to put this show out of its misery. The WGA strike is not an excuse for poor quality.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I just finally got the chance to watch this episode tonight. I have to say, as much as the end disturbed me, it was an OUTSTANDING episode.

The play between Morris and Pratt (and Neela and Harold) had me laughing hard. The story between Abby and Pratt moved me (and Pratt telling Abby to get in a cab and go home made me wonder if she was going to get creamed by a truck ). I thought it was interesting that Morris failed the boards and did so well by his patients, but Pratt, who passed, could have failed his patients miserably if it wasn't for Abby's save. I felt terrible for the family with the baby as they screamed, "You told us to go home!" Poor baby.

The whole blackout thing was great, as was Frank's contrary ranting (perfect foil for all the politically-correct goodness, if you ask me).

I also enjoyed the Neela-Dubenko-Harold fiasco, although Harold makes me twitch.

On a positive note, Sam's hair DIDN'T make me twitch this week.

Now onto the juicy part... Abby. Well done, Maura. She had me 100% convinced of her drunkenness and her regret for her mistake. She reminded me of an alcoholic family member, who becomes EXACTLY like that while drinking... making everyone else uncomfortable with the level of drunkenness.

Abby sleeping with Moretti?

To steal Sam's words... it made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

I also was very disturbed by her hurry home, driving with Joe (sorry, she would have still been drunk), dragging him to the airport with no car-seat in the cab, and making a scene at the airport. She was desperate and not thinking of being a good mother. Nothing for Joe to eat or drink, dragging him out at such an hour... I shook my head. Realistic, but, as I said... disturbing.

On a disgusting note, what was she going to do... show up at Luka's without even taking a shower after sleeping with another man? Ewwww.

I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Maura was excellent in this episode. She's been on the show for 8 years and she still seems incredibly invested in her performances (She's a funny drunk, btw).

As a long-time fan, I was beaming when Chuny said, "I sitll remember when Mark Greene and Doug Ross were running the place." But, like Chuny, I had a little "How old am I?!" look on my face when Sam had no clue who she was talking about.

I'm torn over what happened with Abby and Morretti. I hate that she is messing up so badly and I hate that she slept with him, but I'm glad that ER isn't breezing through this story and that they're actually making it an important story for Abby's character. If they had revisited her alcoholism just so she could have a few hangovers before Luka returned, then it would have been a waste of time. Then again, I'm not happy that they're revisiting it at all because her character has come so far in the last couple of years.

Poor Morris. As soon as he said he was worried Pratt might have failed, I knew Morris had to be the one who did fail. You knew it would come back and slap him in the face.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Actually The Gonzales boys are very friendly babies, the spoilers already said Joe would be screaming his lungs out.

I would say it's very realistic, the baby was sleeping, woke up with a very stressed mother, packing up, drunk and likely disgusted at herself, she's panicked and the baby feels it, natural for him to cry under these circumstances.

As for the other episodes all realistic, just as well one he was left with a person he was not so familiar with and it's natural for him to feel confused and lost. His reaction cry.

The other has him falling from a toy, cerounded by people going through medical procedures, he's scared. If he didn't cry he'd be unrealistic
Old 11-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hmm, you haven't had any babies yet, have you? They cry a lot at that age. Especially when a stranger is holding them while mom or dad is waving a treat at them off camera, I bet.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
Hmm, you haven't had any babies yet, have you? They cry a lot at that age. Especially when a stranger is holding them while mom or dad is waving a treat at them off camera, I bet.
I actually did, and I work with babies.

I know inside source from the Gonzales twins and I can assure you they are very calm friendly babies.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Loyal Fan

The reason they are annoying and people complain isn't that it's not realistic for babies to cry, it's that it is interfering with the point of the show. To tell a story. If all you focus on is a screaming brat then you miss out on key dialogue and actions. They need to tone down the crying jags with the kid or put his wailing on a separate, lower audio track.