Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion 14.7 "Blackout" {November 8, 2007}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
BLACKOUT
ROLLING BROWNOUTS HIT CHICAGO - SPECIAL GREEN WEEK EPISODE - STANLEY TUCCI ("The Devil Wears Prada") AND REIKO AYLESWORTH ("24") GUEST STAR --In an effort to go green, Morris (Scott Grimes) buys an energy efficient smart car. Abby (Maura Tierney) and Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) try and treat a fussy baby but disagree on the diagnosis. Meanwhile, Abby falls back into old habits and gives into temptation while Kovac (Goran Visnjic) is in Croatia. John Stamos, Linda Cardellini and Parminder Nagra also star.
YouTube - ER 14.07 NBC Promo

Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

There are three episode clips in the spoiler section for those interested in a sneak peek.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the heads up.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Loyal Fan

ER has hit an all time low and apparently so has Abby! Sleeping with Moretti? Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Abby is truly looking pathetic and her alcoholism is scary. Why would Moretti sleep with a drunken married woman? I lost a lot of respect for that guy. A heatwave in the middle of November in Chicago. Yeah right. I'm glad to see Sam beginning to enjoy her life. She's trying to get back the years she missed and I'm glad to see her testing the waters. I guess poor Morris wasn't able to prove his dad wrong by failing the boards. Hope he takes them again and passes next time. I hope he and Hope get back together; they were such a classic couple. It was good to see the camaraderie of everyone together at Ike's, that was the best part of the episode. I have to admit, I think Gates and the Chaplain have chemistry. The chaplain seems to be a very interesting character; I would like to learn more about her. The hippie singers/rappers may have soothed some of the patients but they definitely annoyed me. Overall however, this was a weak episode. Patient stories were not interesting and it seemed very slow. Other than Abby being bombed out of her mind, there were no stories that really jumped out. It seemed like nothing really happened(except for Abby and Moretti of course.)

Last edited by G-UNIT; 11-08-2007 at 09:18 PM
Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Abby was wasted beyond a doubt, Moretti was pretty into his drinks too by the looks of it.

Dubenko and Neela are the best bar buddies ever. (I love his less than kind remarks about Harold)

I enjoyed the shout out to Frank in the drunk Abby palooza.

Morris was great, his slap stick with the hummer and his subsequent hazing by the ER staff were the best laugh of the night.

Abby is just a mess but I loved her line "You'll have to ask him, he was supposed to be home weeks ago."

They left no wiggle room about will she or won't she. Nice. Classy. Bravo all around there.

Minus Abby embarrassing herself all over the place I enjoyed the bar scenes, the whole gang together is always fun.

As for the heatwave, it was all part of NBC's ongoing Green Week message about the environment.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't agree that ER has hit an all time low. Abby being an annoying drunk and sleeping with Moretti while being drunk out of her bloody skull was certainly not a good(wise) decision on her part. But its hardly anything that ER has not done in the past.

As I stated on other boards. Hopefully this will be Abby's rock bottom. Luka will be home next week. So we know this plot will have story movement and be dealt with at some point. I have never shipped an ER couple. But I do look forward to see how this is dealt with between Abby and Luka.

I also rather enjoyed the bar scenes with the cast celebrating. I have always enjoyed those type of scenes for the cast since the beginning of the series. Out of the bunch Neela, Morris, and Dubenko were tops I felt. All in all I liked the episode. Next week looks really decent.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was actually very enjoyable to watch, the cast as a whole gelled well and there was plenty of humor as well as medical storylines to balance out the drama llama that ate Luby.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yikes! If things are as they seem then there goes my love for Moretti!

Well now maybe if the studios paid their writers what they're due then they'd be happier storylines! A happy writer, writes happy storylines! (Or is the line a healthy worker is a happy worker?) Either way the fave couples seem to be @ breaking point! The Roomie fans were spewing last season & looks like the Luby fans are gonna be spitting venom this season!
but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Abby and Moretti slept togehter!?! No!! No!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlali (View Post)

Either way the fave couples seem to be @ breaking point! The Roomie fans were spewing last season & looks like the Luby fans are gonna be spitting venom this season!

Why is it that things always go so wrong with everyone...This is too much..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlali (View Post)
Yikes! If things are as they seem then there goes my love for Moretti!
They went to great pains to show that Abby remembers what she did and that it was consensual. It takes two.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't wanna get blasted for saying this but...first Neela & her OC behaviour last season...now Abby showing undertones of unfaithful wife/neglectful mother/irresponsible Dr is just too much! I know nobody's perfect & it is a drama but this is a lil' much for some of us to swallow! The angst & disappointment is dangerously reminiscent of soapies were the once goodies turn baddies/vixens (or maybe i'm being a drama queen)
- Henry Van Dyke
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't see why you'd be blasted for that, it's something I've heard expressed on a lot of boards. the show is depressing and none of the characters ever catch a break.

I don't think Abby was out of character tonight though. She was drunk and played it very well. She was the same in season 8, the bar scene in The Letter comes to mind.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yep true considering the whole 'Helicopter vs Romano' business I heard happened in the past. It's a wonder they have retained such seasoned fans!

Agreed Abby is no Angel. I have to apologise in advance for my lack of Abby knowledge (I am a S11 Beginner).

But I guess I'm down on Moretti coz even though it takes '2 to Tango' the gentleman is always leading right? (Although it could be argued the lady doesn't have to follow). Anyway i won't go into the finer points of this coz my Abby knowledge is as was previously noted seriously lacking.

From what I know of such things as Alcoholism it can lead to irresponsible behaviour so yeah duly noted. Although considering the cyclical nature of mother/child/familial relations in Abby's history I was always 'hoping' Abby would be the one able to break that vicious cycle.
- Henry Van Dyke
Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 AM
New Fan

Hi, I'm new here, I usually post at the Brazilian thread but I'm so pissed at this episode ............................
Aniway, honestly I've just lost all respect for the show and above that for Goran to let it get so dam close to his reality.
Ridiculous, pathetic, what happened, did the writers loose imagination, OMG this is ridiculous!

Sorry for the triple posting, something went wrong with my computer, how can I delete the other two?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Many on other boards have considered this the best episode of the season so far. I actually disagree and think it's one of the weakest(next to "Under the Influence") of the season. However, I definitely understand why many like this episode so much and have so much high praise for it. I suspect that 95% of it has to do with Abby's storyline and Maura's Emmy award type performance she put on. Her acting was powerful and I think it really conveyed the desperation and irrationality of an alcoholic. Bravo!!! However, if you took that away and replaced it with a "regular" or less engaging story I think most would have considered this an average to below average episode. Abby definitely carried the episode and I think Maura's performance really hid many of the episodes deficiencies.

ETA: I could have sworn we were suppose to see Moretti's ex-wife tonight. Did I miss something? I know that she called but I was expecting an actual physical appearance. Hopefully, we'll get one next episode.

Last edited by G-UNIT; 11-09-2007 at 06:28 AM