Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.2 "In a Different Light" {October 4, 2007}

From NBC.com:

Quote:
Thursday, October 4th 10/9c -
"In A Different Light"
While Dr. Morretti continues to institute new measures in the ER, Sam and Morris work on car crash victims and Neela anxiously waits to be released. TV-14
From NBCUMV:

Quote:
IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT
LOOKS CAN BE DECIEVING- STANLEY TUCCI (“THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA”) GUEST STARS—Dr. Morretti (guest star Stanley Tucci) continues to institute new measures that cause many of the ER doctors to despise him. When a teacher and student come into the ER with after a car crash, Morris (Scott Grimes) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) are shocked when they find out why they were together. Abby (Maura Tierney) treats a patient with a simple stomachache only to find that he has a much bigger problem on his hands. Meanwhile, Neela (Parminder Nagra) can’t wait to get released from the hospital. Mekhi Phifer and John Stamos also star.
Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Am I allowed to be happy that John Stamos is under the "also starring" category for once, i.e. he doesn't have a big story line?
(If this is inappropriate, I apologize, and feel free to strike this post!)

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Will Abby, Pratt, and Morris see Moretti in a different light? Will Moretti make the entire staff see the ER in a different light? Will Betina see Pratt in a different light? Will Abby see her life in a different light now that Luka is absent? Will Sam see life without Alex in a different light? Will Neela see her life in a different light after the surgery? Will Neela see Ray in a different light now that she knows he loves her? All questions to be answered this season on ER. Stay tuned!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

It'll be one heck of an episode if ALL of those questions are answered!?!

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm sure some of those questions will be answered, but I wouldn't put money on the Neela and Ray one to be answered just yet. Poor girl has to get out of the hospital first.

And you're not alone, bigred. I'm pretty happy to see Stamos not get a big deal made out of him, too. It's about time. Ugh.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Oddly enough, there are no promo stills for this episode. Or the next. :/

But there is an unofficial still from David Malloy who has a cameo in 14.2:

Last edited by dubenko_junkie; 10-02-2007 at 01:08 PM
Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Hah! I'm still not sure how I feel about Sam's brown hair.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Neela is faring. I can wishfully hope that maybe she'll call up Ray with all her free time off from work.

Looking forward to the Abby/Dubenko storyline with this mysterious man with the mysterious thing the cops want!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I like the dark hair on Sam, it's closer tot he actress's natural color and far better than the fried straw she's been sporting for the last year. Love Shuffle...at Ike's.

The Abby/Dubenko/Patient with what looks like a bullet hole in him storyline should be interesting. I wonder if Neela's getting antsy during her hospital stay. In season 12 Dubenko told Abby being a patient sucked. Bet Neela feels the same way.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Sounds like, according to the summaries. She can't wait to get out. Not surprising, really. Doctors are said to make the worst patients.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

So true, Ash.

The promo if anyone missed it:

YouTube - ER 14.02 Promo
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I hope Mekhi Phifer will get a big storyline sometime this season. He is such a great actor and to see him get hardly used is really sad. Ever since i saw him in "8 Mile" I just think he's brilliant. Yes i only started watching ER because of Parminder but Shane and Mekhi gave me more reasons to watch the show than just Parminders good looks. I'm afraid this season that will be all I have. Shane could end up being in no episodes this season but I don't think it's too much to ask for Mehki to have a little bigger storyline. To even see stamos on the same line as Mehki makes me mad. He's been on the show way longer.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Supreme Fan

MP definitely deserves a bigger story. He's got the chops to play it. Sadly, the writers have short-changed him from the beginning, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Especially since he's announced his plan to leave sometime this season. I just hope if he goes, he gets a good send-off. He's put in his time and deserves a chance to show the fans and the writers what they'll be missing.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I just hope they don't kill him off. I would not be happy if I was him as well. Seriously his charecter has such potential but the stuff it would apply to would not draw in ratings. Maybe he will move to Baton Rouge with Ray. Just don't kill him.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe he will move to Baton Rouge with Ray. Just don't kill him.
The only person I want to see move to Baton Rouge with Ray is Neela!!!

Quote:
Seriously his charecter has such potential but the stuff it would apply to would not draw in ratings.
I'm afraid that nothing at this point that TPTB does will draw in ratings. This ship is sinking faster than the Titanic!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't see Neela moving anywhere until after her residency is completed. She chose to start over from scratch in season 13 and signed on to a five year commitment in the surgical program.