Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.19 "The Chicago Way" {May 15, 2008} Season Finale

From NBCUMV.com:

Quote:
ER
THE CHICAGO WAY
EVERYONE HAS A SECRET--EXPLOSIVE SEASON FINALE GUEST STARRING STEVE BUSCEMI (“Fargo,” “The Big Lebowski”) AND STANLEY TUCCI (“The Devil Wears Prada”)-Gate’s (John Stamos) worries that his relationship with Sam (Linda Cardellini) may not be as serious as he thought. A drunk and very mysterious patient (guest star Steve Buscemi) comes into the ER and threatens the safety of everyone at County General. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) feels confident about his interview for the position as chief. Meanwhile, Kovac (Goran Visnjic) is shocked when Moretti (guest star Stanley Tucci) pays him a visit at the hospice. Maura Tierney and Scott Grimes also star.
Have at it, guys.

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 AM
New Fan

Steve Buscemi and Stanley Tucci...Can't wait. Oh and Luka being back is also a big plus. Hopefully it will be as good as it sounds.

To bad Moretti is just a guest star and won't be a regular. I didn't agree with all his manors but he sure was a good asset to the show in my opinion. Don't know why but he kind of feels like old ER when he has only been in new ER.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Luka is a thug once again. Bravo, writers.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Neela + Brenner = Gutted!!! Gutted!!! Gutted!!!

My little roomie heart has just flatlined! I can't take this anymore. How could Neela do this? To all the loyal roomie fans who have stayed true to this ship, I love and respect you all and I wish you all the best. But I just can't put up with this nonsense anymore. Neela has not evolved, she has devolved. Neela has not progressed, she has regressed. She is not ready for a serious relationship with anyone much less Ray. She needs to get her head and her life together first. She doesn't deserve Ray at this time in her life. Ray was able to finally mature, and grow and give his heart to someone. He was clear about what he felt for Neela. Neela on the other hand hasn't reached that point. I have to be honest. At this point, I don't even think it makes any sense to bring Ray back. It won't be convincing to believe that Neela is in love with him. It would seem too fake and forced and would lead to an unsatisfactory ending. A lot of work needs to be done to lead up to any "Ray I love you scene". I don't understand who Neela is anymore. Between her hockey playing, goofing around with Harold, impersonating movie personalities, pretending Ray doesn't exist, and constantly crying for god knows what reason, and now having sex with Brenner, Neela seems to be schizophrenic. Anyway, I can't comment on the episode right now because my heart has been broken in a million pieces.

Last edited by G-UNIT; 05-15-2008 at 08:04 PM
Old 05-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Holy smack, that was a good season finale.

Loved Luka punching out Moretti. Got teary eyed at Abby and Luka.... awww, I'm so happy they made things right. And another dorky luka-ism... a row-boat... lol.

Ahem. And yeah. Neela, I realize you are very lonely. Very. So very lonely. But that was SO not a good idea.

(And I will politely hold back the "I told you so" that I owe many, many people right now. )
Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I'm seriously giving up. TPTB for ER are horrible people. Seriously if I already wasnt pessimistic enough i'm even gonna be more pessimistic after my prediction of nothing happening between neela and brener being wrong.

Seriously my heart is broken into a million pieces.

I don't even know how im going to begin explain. I try to give neela the benefit of the doubt with thinking gates was a rebound and etc but maybe Neela is just stupid. I don't know whats worst neela/gates or neela/brenner. I'm thinking it's the later but maybe thats just because it's more recent.

I'm just fed up. The disgusting thing is ill continue to watch next season just for the hope of the roomies but it's obvious tptb dont give a damn about the fans or a quality story line.

What a great lesson to teach kids. When you get upset it means you need to get laid. Quality.

I'm gonna go cry.

You were right galaxy duster. I agree 100% with g-unit as well. I'm in no mood to try and spin something positive from what happened. Neela is a joke. I'm starting to think she's just a horrible person. She's pathetic.

I'm tired of making excuses for Neela. Rather it be a rebound, depressed, and or etc.

Not anymore.

No more excuses.

Season 15 is Put Up or Shut Up for Neela.

Last edited by slicknickshady; 05-15-2008 at 08:09 PM
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
(And I will politely hold back the "I told you so" that I owe many, many people right now. )
Galaxy you were absolutely right and I will never doubt you again.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have no idea what Luka and Abby said to each other in those final moments because I was still trying to pick my freaking jaw up off the floor after witnessing Neela and Brenner. Seriously, when she called him 'dolt' early on in the epi, I knew that was a sign that something not good was going to happen between the two (I was with you on this, Galaxy) but i really thought they'd spare us until next season. I'm sorry but that so deserves a WTF!! dang dang dang
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Neela + Brenner = Gutted!!! Gutted!!! Gutted!!!
Neela has not evolved, she has devolved. Neela has not progressed, she has regressed. She is not ready for a serious relationship with anyone much less Ray. She needs to get her head and her life together first. She doesn't deserve Ray at this time in her life.
G-Unit - you've put my thoughts into words perfectly! I just wish TPTB made it clear earlier in the season that there was nothing left between Neela and Ray (for this season anyway). They said Ray and Neela's relationship was "open-ended" about 15 times in various interviews and will be addressed. What exactly was left open-ended about them this season?

Ray left, and we did not once see Neela miss him, visit him, talk to him, write to him or even talk about him on screen. The conversation she had with Katey doesn't count because she just insulted him. So yes, I would have been a lot happier if they'd just told the truth and said, "Ray' gone for good and no, we won't address him, and no Neela's not in any way traumatised about what happened to him. That's right - she simply doesn't care."

P.S. I'm glad so many of you are actually angry at Neela. Not that TPTB will read it - but we should post this anger over at NBC.
P.P.S. Galaxy - boy were you right on the money!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

*Sharks are Jumping*

Seriously I feel bad for Parminder for having to put up with this crap.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe I'm the only one who sees this as being "OK", since I saw it coming from a mile away.

Honestly, Neela is so far beyond sad, pathetic and lonely that I am not even surprised or upset that she jumped when an attractive man slicked on the sexual attention. And as long as it remains one night of mistaken lonliness, I'll be fine with it.

Just think, maybe Brenner will have "feelings" for her and appear to be more of a human being -- and perhaps we'll get the pleasure of watching Ray come back for Neela in the end and see Brenner's black heart get crushed.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)

Honestly, Neela is so far beyond sad, pathetic and lonely that I am not even surprised or upset that she jumped when an attractive man slicked on the sexual attention. And as long as it remains one night of mistaken lonliness, I'll be fine with it.

Just think, maybe Brenner will have "feelings" for her and appear to be more of a human being -- and perhaps we'll get the pleasure of watching Ray come back for Neela in the end and see Brenner's black heart get crushed.
I want to believe this. I'm just tired of trying to spin something positive out of all the crap neela does. I mean it's pathetic. Brenner is a sexist pig. With his "Babe" this and that and how his first scene was him having sex with two different women. And Neela goes for that? Really?

I just have to tell myself both Ray and Neela have had a lot of partners. It wont make it less special if Ray and Neela get together. I guess thats what i'm afraid of. They put Neela with so many different men that it's less special when it happens for Neela and Ray. I just tell myself Ray has had his negative moments as well and been with many different women. I just need to get over the fact that Ray and Neela have had many different partners and it wont be less special between Ray and Neela because of it.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the positivity Galaxy. But honestly, it doesn't work for me. This is the exact same childish and futile thing Neela did last season with Gates. The exact same scenario. Go to an M & M, argue with the hot shot doctor, and then jump his bones. Yeah, that shows a lot of maturity. It definitely screams how much she is ready to love someone. Yeah right!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, Neela only sees bits and pieces of Brenner, as she's up in the OR most of her day. She had enough womanly intuition to see that he was a worthless pig... but attention is attention, and Neela has LITERALLY been crying for it for weeks on the show now.

When she jumped and kissed him, all I could do was laugh out loud. Literally. I had good mental preparation.

I don't think it will amount to Neela falling in love with Brenner. Her relationship with Gates was far more involved and she didn't love him.

Honestly, the writers have to set up a more interesting story for Neela next season, as she's going to be a more central character. It'd probably be boring if Ray just happened to come along and declare his undying love and have Neela ride off into the sunset with him. They have to add a little juicy, dirty conflict to the story to hold people's interest -- one way or the other.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Thanks for the positivity Galaxy. But honestly, it doesn't work for me. This is the exact same childish and futile thing Neela did last season with Gates. The exact same scenario. Go to an M & M, argue with the hot shot doctor, and then jump his bones. Yeah, that shows a lot of maturity. It definitely screams how much she is ready to love someone. Yeah right!!!
It's not really working for me either as much as im trying to have it work. I just need to get over it. Neela is turning into an unlikeable character. I never thought that would happen.