Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.14 "Owner of A Broken Heart" {April 10, 2008}

(Finally!)

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
OWNER OF A BROKEN HEART
Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Dr. Brenner (guest star David Lyons) get off to a rocky start when Brenner refuses to teach the interns. Gates (John Stamos) treats a young transplant patient with major heart trouble. Abby (Maura Tierney) contemplates telling Kovac (Goran Visnjic) the truth about her affair as she heads for Croatia. Meanwhile, Sam (Linda Cardellini) finds out that Gates and Julia (guest star Reiko Aylesworth) have broken up. Parminder Nagra and Scott Grimes also star.
Promo

Have at it, guys.

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

And we finally return from the Strike hiatus. hmm.. going to be interesting, I think/hope.
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was serviceable; nothing more, nothing less. I expect things to get better in the up and coming weeks.

Brenner: First of all, his Aussie accent is so thick I barely understood most of what he was saying. Second, he's a complete jerk!!!

Luka and Abby: Strongest part of the episode. I originally hated this relapse episode, especially with Luka being absent so long. It just didn't make sense. However, I think that TPTB is doing as well a job as they possibly can with this. I felt that their scenes were strong and I like how they crossed the Coburn scenes with flashbacks. So Luka paid Abby and Coburn a short visit after his father's funeral, left Joe over there, and then flew back???

Neela: TPTB please give her something substantial to do!!!

Morris: Stop making him an idiot every episode. There is no real storyline there for him and I am losing any connection I have to his character.

Gates and Sam: I don't care! However, the heart transplant story was ok I guess. It wasn't all that powerful but effective enough to keep my attention.

Pratt: He probably thought he was looking in the mirror when he looked at Brenner. Pratt was just as rebillious when he first came on board. But now I really like and admire his character. He has come a long way and matured a lot. He is really taking charge of the ER and I'm curious what will happen to he and Betina.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Ok help me out with the preview. Was that Neela making out with somebody or is my mind playing tricks on me. I'm hoping it's just my mind thinking tptb want to stab us roomie fans in the heart. If I saw what I think I saw I hope it's a dream like that one episode last season I just dont want to think about.

Also Ray better be mentioned once next episode based on the preview or I'll be .

Last edited by slicknickshady; 04-10-2008 at 08:16 PM
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Your mind is definitely playing tricks on you slick. Don't worry it's called roomie paranoia!!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
Your mind is definitely playing tricks on you slick. Don't worry it's called roomie paranoia!!

Thanks. It sort of looked black and white? Tell me that was just Sam and Gates not Neela and Harold.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Brenner needs to take a hike, he is a million times worse than Gates was last season. I was wanting to see Pratt punch him the same way he did Gates last season during 'Reason To Believe".

Gates is such a liar! In that scene where he is telling Sam that Julia dumped him and he said that he had never had that happen to him, I had to say out loud that he was a liar. If I remember correctly, Neela dumped him at Abby and Luka's wedding, not the other way around.

I liked the flashbacks with Abby and Luka, it showed me why I was a fan of the two of them in the first place.

I knew it was going to end badly when Morris was begging everybody to zap him with the taser.

I think Neela needs more to do then bring down x-rays and watching Morris get the crap shocked out of him. Hopefully she will have a better storyline in the next five episodes.

Not one of the best episodes, could have done without Brenner, but it was okay.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

after Brenners first scene In my head I said "I'm going to hate this guy". lol.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
after Brenners first scene In my head I said "I'm going to hate this guy". lol.
Lol, yeah, I also thought the opening was over the top, but he kinda grew on me as the epi went on. He is quite a jerk, but I must admit there is a certain charm there. He's not bad on the eyes, either, but he's too new for me to really care much at this point. Let's see what they do with him. I did like how Pratt stood up to him. Go Pratt!

Sam and Gates: so so contrived. She came off as horny, and Gates seemed to be playing hard to get. Whatever.

I did like the twist about the dead fiancee's heart being in that patient. I don't think that was spoiled earlier, so it was unexpected...and a little creepy.

Abby & Luka: aww, they've had quite the ride, huh? Tumultuous, to say the least. Hope they get a chance to heal.

I totally focused in on Neela during the preview for next week's show -- her line about 'going through life as if it's okay...but it's not' was eye-opening, and I hope, indicative of her facing her issues about Ray. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Yep, Ray has to be mentioned. He has to be. Maybe like "Rays gone and I have been going through life as if it's okay...but it's not''. One can hope...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-UNIT (View Post)
This episode was serviceable; nothing more, nothing less. I expect things to get better in the up and coming weeks.

Brenner: First of all, his Aussie accent is so thick I barely understood most of what he was saying. Second, he's a complete jerk!!!

Luka and Abby: Strongest part of the episode. I originally hated this relapse episode, especially with Luka being absent so long. It just didn't make sense. However, I think that TPTB is doing as well a job as they possibly can with this. I felt that their scenes were strong and I like how they crossed the Coburn scenes with flashbacks. So Luka paid Abby and Coburn a short visit after his father's funeral, left Joe over there, and then flew back???

Neela: TPTB please give her something substantial to do!!!

Morris: Stop making him an idiot every episode. There is no real storyline there for him and I am losing any connection I have to his character.

Gates and Sam: I don't care! However, the heart transplant story was ok I guess. It wasn't all that powerful but effective enough to keep my attention.

Pratt: He probably thought he was looking in the mirror when he looked at Brenner. Pratt was just as rebillious when he first came on board. But now I really like and admire his character. He has come a long way and matured a lot. He is really taking charge of the ER and I'm curious what will happen to he and Betina.
Luka's visit to Abby came off as an afterthought when he told her he was there for a day or two to handle some things and his "we'll see" when she asked about meeting him after rehab.

He was there to quit his job and try to bully Coburn for information which she rightly refused him. The fact that he told Abby he and Joe were happy in Croatia with the implication being "without you" was just appalling in terms of her actually trying to get her act together.

Nice incentive for someone trying to get and stay sober.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I totally focused in on Neela during the preview for next week's show -- her line about 'going through life as if it's okay...but it's not' was eye-opening, and I hope, indicative of her facing her issues about Ray. Fingers crossed.
If anyone has the clip, please upload it on Youtube I'm dying to watch it. I really believe this is about Ray, but I think given how many time we've been disappointed before, we should be prepared for it to be about Michael or something. Like... "Michael's been gone for almost two years and I still haven't moved on with my life".
Old 04-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee66 (View Post)
If anyone has the clip, please upload it on Youtube I'm dying to watch it. I really believe this is about Ray, but I think given how many time we've been disappointed before, we should be prepared for it to be about Michael or something. Like... "Michael's been gone for almost two years and I still haven't moved on with my life".
I second that - the cynic in me believes she is referring to her life in general and wont explicitly mention Ray - but, I for one am glad that they are finally showing that Neela isn't as fine as she may appear!

I just get the feeling that something is in store for Neela - and it'll all come to a head in the finale!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

The most exciting part of last night for me (other than fabulous James Carrington imposed over a wonderful Luka-Abby flashback montage, of course) was Neela's statement in the preview. I totally felt a big Ray vibe from that statement.

Maybe things that certain TV Guide columnists have said may come true in flashback form?

I believe it could be so, simply because we've had mentions of Ray peppered throughout the season. We all saw how volatile Neela became when Abby made that dig to her about Ray, too. I think we're going to get something out of this in remaining episodes.

I liked Morris's story last night, too, call me crazy. That was absolutely funny.

Brenner, yuck. He actually reminds me of Clemente, only more of an asshat. I liked Clemente, but I don't feel any love for Brenner.

The heart story creeped me out big time. That was just gross, talk about a freakin' stalker. Ewww. I'm just trying to forget it happened.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very boring episode.

I cannot believe ER has come down to a guy having a three-some. Total turn off for the show (at least for me.) And I know ER has always used sex in their episodes for as long as the show has been on but it's really starting to get dull.

Morris having himself tazzered for his lame grant proposal was very stupid.

There were only 2 things I liked from the entire episode:

- The transplant storyline. It was so sad that the guy only stuck around because it was the heart of his dead fiance.

-I liked in this whole episode was the Abby storyline. I liked the flashbacks because it reminded me of the good ol' days of ER.

-Seriously, what has happened to the good full trauma episodes? They only have been focusing on a few patients here and there.
Emma♥Neal