Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.13 "Atonement" {January 17, 2008}

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
ATONEMENT
GETTING RID OF THE GUILT- KARI MATCHETT AND REIKO AYLESWORTH GUEST STAR-- Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) gets cold feet when Bettina (Gina Ravera) tries to take their relationship to the next level. Neela (Parminder Nagra) joins the Ortho's hockey team and is shocked to see who they are playing in the first game. A prison doctor comes into the ER after he tried to save a young boy from a freezing lake. Julia (guest star Reiko Aylesworth) tries to help the prison doctor get rid of his guilt after he reveals he gave the lethal injections to criminals on deathrow. Meanwhile, Gates (John Stamos) gets irritated with Sam ( Linda Cardellini) when she undermines his decisions. Scott Grimes also stars.
YouTube - ER Atonement 14.13 Promo

Well, this is it, guys. Last episode for who knows how long, possibly last episode ever. Guess we'll wait and see. After this episode, we'll be kicking off a Vintage ER episode discussion threads every week to keep the board discussion going. So keep an eye out for that.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver (View Post)
From NBCUMV:

YouTube - ER Atonement 14.13 Promo

Well, this is it, guys. Last episode for who knows how long, possibly last episode ever. Guess we'll wait and see. After this episode, we'll be kicking off a Vintage ER episode discussion threads every week to keep the board discussion going. So keep an eye out for that.

~Ash
I wonder who is on the opposing hockey team that made Neela shocked.

Maybe it's Katie?

I would love to see Neela body check her. lol.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
I wonder who is on the opposing hockey team that made Neela shocked.

Maybe it's Katie?

I would love to see Neela body check her. lol.
Oh man, I'd love to see Katey accidentally-on-purpose take a slap shot to the face. But sadly, I don't think it'll be her. I think it's probably Dubenko & company, since we already know he plays field hockey from an earlier episode.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
we'll be kicking off a Vintage ER episode discussion threads every week to keep the board discussion going.
Looking forward to that, as you may guess from my avi and sig...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver (View Post)
Oh man, I'd love to see Katey accidentally-on-purpose take a slap shot to the face.
That would be something. You know it has to irk Neela that Katie hooked up with Ray.

If it's Dubenko it won't be as sweet as it would be if it was Katie but if it's Dubenko you know it will be hilarious.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tonight's episode was named a best best/daily pick on AOL's television page today: (LOL re the reference to Gates's supposed 'authori-tai'!)

Quote:
It's gotten good again, in its 14th season, but 'ER,' like all our other favorite shows, is about to wrap up a strike-shortened season, after just 13 episodes. Happily, it ends on a high note, with plenty of drama and lots of tension amongst the County General staffers. The chief head-butters: Bettina and Pratt, and Sam and Gates. The Bettina/Pratt affair is a personal one, as she tells him she's ready to take their relationship to the next level and he runs away faster than Road Runner confronted with an ACME contraption. The Sam and Gates face-off is a hospital matter, when he gets ticked off because he thinks she's undermining his authori-tai around the old ER. Elsewhere, Neela joins Ortho's hockey team and is surprised by her squad's first opponent, while Julia tries to help a prison doctor who's feeling guilty about having to administer lethal injections at work. And the season-ending cliffhanger: Will 'ER' be renewed for a 15th season?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sam & Gates face-off. Urghh...ok i'll say it once & 'try' & never speak of this matter again. Remember the face-off that Neela & Gates had that led to the mauling on the desk which poor Ray witnessed. Yes, we all have fond memories of the S13 that never was.

All those who believe that anybody is better than Steve, let me try & convince you otherwise. If i remember correctly, in 'My BF's Wedding', Dermot Mulroney's character informs Julia Roberts' character that she is worse than pond scum, she is the bacteria that feeds off of pond scum. Or something to that effect. That is how i view the difference b/w Gates & Steve.

Thankyou that is all on this topic.
but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke
Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Man.......or woman, I could not agree with you more the very thought of those two makes me wanna throw up till my eyes fall out so I dont have to see that schlock
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so glad to see Neela finally having fun and enjoying life. Those hockey scenes were just so hilarious. I loved to see Neela get her revenge on Morris. With that said, I hope Neela finally gets a good storyline. I haven't really been able to connect with her this season.

Did Betina break up with Pratt? I sure hope not. I'm really beginning to like them and I think Pratt is finally coming around to the idea of a committed relationship. Betina should give him another chance. The prison doctor's story was very powerful. I'm glad Pratt stopped him from suicide and convinced him what he did by saving the boy was important. I'm loving Skye and Dubenko. I thought their hot tub scene was.......well, hot!!!!

Well, I guess that's the last we'll be seeing of the chaplain. Her character was pretty kooky but I think she was well intentioned. Ok, I admit, I do find Sam and Gates kinda cute. They belong together anyway since they have so much in common. I still will never embrace Gates character but hey, I'm not complaining.

Overall this was a pretty good episode. This may be the last we see of ER in long time so I hope everyone enjoyed this one.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Leland interview about Hockey Scenes

Scott Grimes interview about Hockey Scenes

Parminder interview about Hockey Scenes

B Roll Footage of Hockey Game

For those of you who don't read the spoilers, here's some extras from tonight's episode.

Also, this was one of the most uneven episodes of ER I have ever seen. You can tell this was done sans writers. That being said, bye bye Chaplain Chick.

And Skye, you're blocking my view. Move.

Last edited by dubenko_junkie; 01-17-2008 at 09:59 PM
Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I knew I could hear you squealing somewhere when it showed Dubenko lounging back in that hot tub with that smile on his face, DJ. May you launch 1,000 icons in it's honour.

My opinion of the ep? Best ep of the season. No contest. Just great!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. I actually felt embarrassed for the show while I watched those hockey scenes. The ex-prison doc patient could have been moving had it not been severely dwarfed in comparison to the said lameness that is "Neela having fun." I'm starting to think with the decline in writing in this show (and most others I watch, now that I think about it) that maybe the strike is a blessing in disguise. Maybe it'll give the head creators a chance to rethink their directions and planning for stories...or lack thereof! Oh and Gates cheating on his girlfriend, yeah, that's a new one. Honestly though, I really think they head creators need to either get together and really try to do some serious reconsidering in the direction these stories are going...either that or they need to just hire all new writers and go from there. It worked when the empires were striking!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Morris always cracks me up. I loved when Neela finally had enough and let him have it.

I loved when Harold yelled "BIATCHHHHH" and admitting he had no idea who he was talking to. I loved when he said how much he loved the job as well. lol.

Decent episode. Honestly I don't think this would hold up if it was the series finale. This episode was nowhere near good enough for that. I'm hoping this strike ends soon but i don't want it to end to soon. Just long enough for shane to do his thing and come back next season hopefully. I did like Pratt in this episode and I'm glad Mekhi is finally getting decent screen time. Pratt and Ray both got seriously neglected the last few seasons and at least Pratt is getting some decent screen time this season.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is it just the new haircut, or is Lucien looking more buff than usual??
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

The actor's always been in shape, they've just always hidden him under lab coats and blue surgical gowns.