Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 14.1 "The War Comes Home" {September 27, 2007}

Finally, new season is here after a beastly long summer.

From NBC.com:

Quote:
Thursday, September 27th 10/9c - "The War Comes Home" In the Season Premiere the ER must get use to Dr. Morretti's (Guest Star, Stanley Tucci) strict new procedures while they search for Neela after she is injured during an anti-war rally. TV-14
From NBCUMV:

Quote:
THE WAR COMES HOME
SEASON PREMIERE--MISSING IN ACTION- STANLEY TUCCI (“THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA”) GUEST STARS—Abby (Maura Tierney), Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Morris (Scott Grimes) try to figure out how to handle Dr. Morretti’s (guest star Stanley Tucci) strict new ER procedures. As the injured arrive at the ER from the anti-war rally, Gates (John Stamos) frantically tries to find out what happened to Neela (Parminder Nagra). Later, Gates takes matters into his own hands when he finds out that a patient was responsible for the explosion at the rally. Linda Cardellini also stars.
Have at it, guys.

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

NBC has two promos and a short interview with the cast regarding the premiere episode, if anyone is interested.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so excited that the premiere is almost here! W00t, w00t!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so psyched for the new season it's not even funny.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubenko_junkie (View Post)
NBC has two promos and a short interview with the cast regarding the premiere episode, if anyone is interested.
I've seen the one with the words "event...milestone...adventure..." etc on youtube. And there's a thing on youtube with a bunch of clips taken from all through season 13 plus a few clips of Luka I'd never seen before. Are those the two you are talking about?
Sorry if those descriptions didn't make sense...I hope they did!

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred08 (View Post)
I've seen the one with the words "event...milestone...adventure..." etc on youtube. And there's a thing on youtube with a bunch of clips taken from all through season 13 plus a few clips of Luka I'd never seen before. Are those the two you are talking about?
Sorry if those descriptions didn't make sense...I hope they did!
No, that thing on youtube is a fan created montage combining episodes form season 12/13/a music video Goran did.

NBC has official promos for the episode that have aired in the last couple of weeks after ER's reruns from last season. The first is the one with the words event/bravery/etc. The second one starts out like a news broadcast talking about the rally and smashes into the ER handling the in coming patients. The second one is not on youtube, it is only on the NBC site as is the cast interviews.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

gotcha, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubenko_junkie (View Post)
No, that thing on youtube is a fan created montage combining episodes form season 12/13/a music video Goran did.
Thank you so much for that explanation. I was so confused as to why Luka was blowing up!?!

i made my own avi! which is why it's not so great...
Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

I am really curious how all the staff reacts after they hear about Ray.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't see how or when they'll have time to hear anything about Ray. Neela's certainly not going to be talking from her place on the OR table with a tube in her throat.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Supreme Fan

They may not know anything until 14.2. This episode takes place the same day as the finale, and the only 2 people who know what happened to him are Neela and Katey. As dubenko_junkie said, Neela is on a table in the OR with a tube down her throat; she won't be talking. So unless Katey says something (which I doubt), they're going to be in the dark a while longer, I think. Unless Neela had him listed as her Emergency Contact or something, and they have to call him, which is possible, given that they were roommates, but not necessarily likely, given these writers.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Tvguide.com has an additional preview clip up that is not on NBC's website.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver (View Post)
They may not know anything until 14.2. This episode takes place the same day as the finale, and the only 2 people who know what happened to him are Neela and Katey. As dubenko_junkie said, Neela is on a table in the OR with a tube down her throat; she won't be talking. So unless Katey says something (which I doubt), they're going to be in the dark a while longer, I think. Unless Neela had him listed as her Emergency Contact or something, and they have to call him, which is possible, given that they were roommates, but not necessarily likely, given these writers.

~Ash

I did not know 14.2 is the same day as well. I have read the spoilers but it was not clear to me. Thanks. I'm so excited. I'll be watching in the basement while playing my PS2 on the TV next to it.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
I did not know 14.2 is the same day as well. I have read the spoilers but it was not clear to me. Thanks. I'm so excited. I'll be watching in the basement while playing my PS2 on the TV next to it.

It isn't the same day. 14.1 is the same day as last year's finale.

This ep:

Oh shut up Gates.

Loved Moretti handing Gates his butt.

Loved Dubenko for having all ready written his post op notes. Haha, take that Gates.

SHIRLEY

Morris insisting that Pratt do the buying at the start and the end of the ep.

Hesseman's stoner doctor was the best thing ever.

Next week's ep looks good.

Last edited by dubenko_junkie; 09-27-2007 at 08:03 PM
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Pretty good start to the season. I expected a little more fast paced, adrenaline pumping, heart-pounding excitement but it still had its moments.

Finally, someone really handed it to Gates. Way to go Moretti. I think I'm going to like this guy. That conversation about war he had with Abby really shows how fascinating a character he is.

Let me just say that I love the friendship and chemistry that Abby, Pratt, and Morris are building. There plot against Moretti in the bar was classic. They play off each other real well.

Poor, poor Neela. She's been stomped on figuratively and literally. Will TPTB just give this girl a break for once.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I like the new rat pack (Abby, Pratt, Morris)... almost as fun as the old rat pack.

Yay for Gates smashing up that guy, and double-yay to grandpa giving it to him. I still hate Gates, but he acted out the violence I felt for that b-tard rather well.

Yay for the very, very touching end of the episode where everyone sat down to wait together. I think it may have been the best scene of the episode... very touching.

Yay for Dubenko and his post-op orders. That was quite touching.

Yay for Moretti in general, but nay to the "dead girl" comment in front of grandpa. :/

Next week looks pretty cool.