Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 13.8 "Reason To Believe" {November 16, 2006}

From NBC.com:

Quote:
REASON TO BELIEVE
11/16/06 10/9c
A mysterious illness leaves little hope when a group of confused homeless kids enter the ER.
And from NBCUMV.com:

Quote:
ER
REASON TO BELIEVE
A MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS LEAVES LITTLE HOPE-- Abby (Maura Tierney) and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) argue about a diagnosis when a woman comes into the ER with signs of spousal abuse. When a group of confused homeless kids enter the ER, Gates (John Stamos), Abby and Neela (Parminder Nagra) must quickly determine one child's ailment before it is too late. Meanwhile, Weaver (Laura Innes) is unexpectly called to action while doing a news report at a school. Mehki Phifer, Linda Cardellini and Scott Grimes also star.

Discussion's on.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm very excited about this ep, I think it's going to be really great and sweet.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to it as well.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I hope we'll see some Ray and Neela scenes
Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Total Fan

Anyone have a link to the CTV promo? The NBC promo is at their website.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nice episode, the part with the homeless kids was touching, especially how they thought Neela was the ' Blue Lady' who was meant to save them. The final scene with Neela and Hope was very sweet and touching. Hope is really starting to grow on me. Neela was awesome in this episode.

Pratt is offically my new hero when he punched Gates but I didn't like his response to his brother's sexuality. He did redeem himself when he chased after Chas and had him come back.

I'm am still not a Gates fan because he told Neela about Meg and Sarah without telling her that they were sleeping together. His confrontation with Meg at the end also told me that Neela wasn't the first time another woman had pulled him away from Meg and Sarah but that he always comes back. I hate to say it because I love Neela but I see heartbreak in her future.

No Ray or Morris and not a lot of Sam but I'm sure we'll see more of them next week.

Dr. Weaver was very good in her sequence with the news crew and I can tell something is going to happen between her and Courtney.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Repost. The same drill:

Who was that old guy[ Jerry’s friend]? Was the man that portrayed him a comedian? Seems like I have seen him in other projects. Did any think the actor who played Teller looked like the girl from Whale Rider [Keisha Castle-Hughes] ? :lol

Neela looked ultra gorgeous, wet hair and all when the camera showed her running out into the ambulance bay at the beginning of the episode. And when she ran after the children up the stairs in the rain yet again. The homeless band of children and their mythology plot was entertaining and well written I thought. It helped that Neela was a focus point in the plot. Neela so badly at least wanted to live up to Teller and Paulie’s mythology or her being the Blue Lady. Neela at least helped keep Paulie alive after all but too bad Teller and Jodie ran off. Talk about two different agendas. Meg wanted to make her and Gates official. Gates seems to want to date Neela out in the open while keeping his bond with Sarah. However from the convo it seemed that Meg was saying he can’t[literally or figurally speaking] have his bond with Sarah without being romantically linked with her. It seemed that way at least to me. Neela and Gates had some easy chemistry going on. It felt more natural. Whatever TPTB have in mind for them as a couple or whatever happens in the end they would make great friends..

Courtney and Kerry have nice chemistry. They have potential. Kerry is not to bad in front of the camera either. I was a bit on Luka’s side about the alcoholic man who hits his wife. He has never gotten any help so far. And I just didn’t buy him suddenly realising the error of his ways. I thought his wife deserved to leave him while the man got help on his own. I can’t fault Luka for calling the cops on that issue. Its just ironic that Luka is keeping the Ames situation from Abby. Fred Ward has really aged. But I can buy him as Abby’s father. Pratt predictably behaved like an arse when he found out his brother is gay. I must say though that the way Pratt found out was not the best way. I’m sure that was quite a shock. :lol I’m glad Pratt came around a bit though by at least not throwing his brother out. His brother does not deserve to be disowned. I should have known that Hope would helping Pratt/ the preacher with the drug exchange deal. Hope is turning out to be more likable with each episode. The writing, acting, and directing was on point again for this episode. The episode next week is mostly about Abby and the crash. But from the spoilers we know that the others in the ensemble will be around too. Looking forward to the episode.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Total Fan

The episode was decent, but once again, not the best of the season.

Loved the Neela/Gates/homeless kids storyline. Really cute. And I'll say it again: love Neela and Tony's chemistry (ducks from flying tomatoes from the Roomie corner). Pratt is really growing on me; I downright liked him in this episode, and that alone is starting to scare me. No Ray (yay!) or Morris (boo) but overall good job spreading the storylines around. Luka's comment to the police officer about "my wife and child" was interesting, given that he told bar-man that they weren't married.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackiaveli (View Post)
Repost. The same drill:

Who was that old guy[ Jerry’s friend]? Was the man that portrayed him a comedian? Seems like I have seen him in other projects. Did any think the actor who played Teller looked like the girl from Whale Rider [Keisha Castle-Hughes] ? :lol
Jack Carter? He was in last year's Christmas episode -- played chess with Clemente, IIRC.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Anyone know the songs used in this episode? I loved them all.

| videos | journal |
Old 11-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Really weird episode. Not sure if I liked it or not.

There was way too much of Gates. His story bores me and really I just couldn't care less about what he does or doesn't do.

I loved Neela though. The "blue lady", it fits her well. Parminder's got so much grace in everything she does... but Neela looked like a little girl lost. Why wasn't Ray around to make her smile?

Hope is growing on me.

Loved Pratt. His initial reaction with his brother was only human and he proved he was a good guy by running after him.

Poor Luka. It was painful to see him dealing with the fear of losing his family again.

Kerry's storyline was quite cheesy for ER. That disappointed me a little.

I missed Ray
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Supreme Fan

De-sticking this thread to make room for the new one. But feel free to continue discussing this episode here.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.