Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 13.3 "Somebody To Love" {October 5, 2006}

From NBC.com:

Quote:
Neela meets with her new surgical chief.

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
SOMEBODY TO LOVE
A LOVE FOR A LIFETIME-- JOHN MAHONEY ("FRASIER") GUEST STARS- Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) assumes his new role as attending but gets stuck with the task of dealing with all the new interns. When an older man is brought in to the ER with congestive heart failure, Pratt assigns Gates (John Stamos) to assess his condition. Later, the man's partner Bennett Cray (guest star John Mahoney) comes to visit and must fight with his partner's family to help keep him alive. Meanwhile, Neela (Parminder Nagra) meets the new surgical chief (guest star J.P. Manoux) and quickly finds out that he plans to make her life a living hell. Laura Innes, Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Linda Cardellini, Shane West and Scott Grimes also star.

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

Ah, you found the longer summary
Old 10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Yep. Took a gamble on it being at the Media Village. It paid off, cause that's where they are.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

*snort* the difference between the two summaries?

Looks like it's gonna be an interesting episode!

Em
Old 10-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anywhere I can find the promo??

|Bones/Booth|Luke/Lorelai|Luka/Abby
Old 10-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Not that I've seen, unfortunately.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
New Fan

argh! ER just aired here. don't want to spoil anybody before it airs on the west coast - but argh! just needed to express my frustration. details to follow after everyone's had a chance to watch.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Supreme Fan

*pats* It's okay, hun. I thought it was decent. More comments tomorrow, probably, after I get home from work, and later at the Roomies thread, of course.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theusername (View Post)
argh! ER just aired here. don't want to spoil anybody before it airs on the west coast - but argh! just needed to express my frustration. details to follow after everyone's had a chance to watch.
I think I know what you are talking about and I am very frustrated with this episode as well but it did comfirm a few things about a certain new character as well. I am still not impressed with him and tonight made me more certain about it. I will post in more detail as well after everybody on the west coast has seen it.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I'll wait to post more, until others have seen the episode. But, I agree. I'm very upset with the way things are being written in terms of a new character.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:34 PM
New Fan

ugh. glad to hear i'm not the only one! can't wait to discuss this one.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Neela has my sympathy. It's not bad enough that she is still grieiving and starting over in surgery. But she also has a jerkish boss in Crenshaw. John Mahoney had a good guest turn in decetly written plot. Gates is arrogant and clearly has vast to learn. Stamos was alright[ but still needs to find his footing]. Hope is a bit irritating. It was good seeing Neela/Morris have a short visit with Abby. Good to see a bit of Dubenko/Neela. Pretty good episode but next week looks better.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 PM
New Fan

Gates as a character was a total prick and quite irritating. Stamos did ok acting the part, but geez... who would have thought that Gates could make Pratt look level headed and humble? I found myself rooting for Pratt all the way through the episode. And I hated how the writers sort of condoned Gate's arrogance at the end by having Mahoney's character be so understanding of Gate's mistakes. He should have had his hard lesson served without the kid gloves.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
New Fan

btw: I loved Crenshaw! The show's been missing a bit of Romano snark...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Please try not to double post, guys. And I thought Crenshaw was an ass. And Gates, well...most people probably already know how I feel about him and the actor who plays him, so I won't waste time repeating it. But I did love seeing Dubenko, and with the hair! And Morris kills me. Heh. Nice way to showcase Scott Grimes's great singing voice, too. Though am I the only one who found it a little bit stupid for Morris to beg for his job back and then be late for his first shift as attending? And not for any actually good reason?

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.