Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

Episode Discussion: 13.21 "I Don't" {May 3, 2007} *Early Start*

Mucho apologies for starting this so late. I've been having a hard time accessing the site for more than five minutes at a time.

From NBCUMV:

Quote:
LOVE IS IN THE AIR-- The entire ER is surprised when they arrive for the department dinner and find out that surprise nuptials are about to happen. Ray (Shane West) can't seem to handle seeing Neela (Parminder Nagra) and Gates (John Stamos) together. The romantic atmosphere seems to bring everyone together. Goran Visjnic, Maura Tierney, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini and Scott Grimes also star.
*REMINDER: The episode is starting 10 minutes early tonight!*
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Next time I go to a wedding I'm going to want to toast with this:

"I went to the butcher for some meat but he was out so I got some fish instead."

That was quite possibly my favorite line in the episode (that didn't come out of Dubenko's mouth).
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Why was this episode called "I don't"? because obviously, yes they did...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Loyal Fan

There are deleted scenes posted on NBC's website for ER
Old 05-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll be checking out those deleted scenes as soon as humanly possible.

As for me, I'm so happy that Neela realized who she loves and wants (she didn't say it in so many words, but I think we really all got the message). What a pleasant, unspoiled surprise. That's what I love about spoilers -- some is spoiled, but not all. And in this case, all the Roomie love was unspoiled. I was absolutely FLOORED by the things Neela said -- as I said, it was absolutely like fan-fiction, the things she said. I was so happy. Even with Ray's accident -- the upcoming episodes have a new aura of hope that I wasn't anticipating. She loves him, I have no doubt about it, as I have had for so long. She finally made her choice. I really hope Shane returns next season to resolve this, no matter what has happened to him. Neela was so perfect in this ep, guys. She said everything I was hoping for -- EVERYTHING.

And Dubenko Junkie, can I just say how awesome it was that Dubenko kept warning Luka about Abby ... did he say something about attacking Luka like a cheetah if he hurt Abby?!! ^_^ OMG, it was beautiful and priceless... the look on Neela's face with those kisses... just priceless.

BEST. EPISODE. EVER. Despite the tragedy (we know he's not dead, after all)... it was everything I wanted. I would have preferred the accident to not have happened (darn you, Pratt!!!!), but still... it was truly everything the Roomies have been waiting for.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred08 (View Post)
Why was this episode called "I don't"? because obviously, yes they did...
At the end Abby says to Luka I could have not planned better and he says soemthing and then he saysy you dont? and she says I dont.

Hey I loved the Menudo reference I was raised in Puerto Rico have been to every concert and know soem of them, YOu dotn have a wedding in Puerto Rico without a MENUDO remix/ lol
Old 05-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Total Fan

Overall, it was a cute episode. I was a little annoyed with the Roomies drama (this was supposed to be a Luby episode, after all), but I've waited seven years for this, so I can't be too irked. I thought it was very realistic for a wedding, with people getting drunk (Dubenko, Frank), starting fights (Ray, Gates), and Abby being annoyed that Luka got a chance to practice his vows. Loved the look on both of their faces when they saw they were going to be married by a rabbi. Cute how he started with "Today you become a man...oops, wrong page. I did a Bar Mitzvah this morning." And Neela's "I went to the market to buy beef, but the man was not there so I got fish." So wedding-appropriate!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Fantastic episode... until the accident.

The wedding was sooooo Abby/Luka like. Just so them. It was perfect.

What can I say about the roomies? I'm glad the writers finally had Neela say out loud what we thought she was thinking all along. It's just so sad everything went so wrong... BUT I can't see them not ending up together at the end of the show. It would make no sense at all for Neela to come to her senses at last and forget all about it the next season. Seriously. Ray and Neela have something very rare and very strong, as she said it herself. That won't go away... whatever happens, it won't.

So happy Neela (and Ray) finally told Gates what everyone thought.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi there. Yep, I haven't been around in a long long time, but nothing like a LUBY WEDDING to make me come back! Unfortunately, I've been having serious health problems and financial stuff.. but anyway, back to the episode.

OMG LUBY IS MARRIED!!! Can I just get that out of the way first? (Ohhh - I guess I already did.) Seriously so flipping fantastic! I love love love that Luka and Abby are finally officially together! The wedding was sooo awesome. I have to admit, as much as I love Luka, I was totally with Abby when she walked in and said "hell no!" and headed out the door. I wouldn't much care for that kind of surprise myself. Ofc, Luka won her over (who the hell in their right mind WOULDN'T marry him?). I was laughing my ass off when they literally had to shove Abby down the aisle, but it all turned out simply perfect from there. No regrets for either party, I'd say. And most importantly, LUBY IS MARRIED!!! *Does a happy dance*

I have to agree I wish they'd kept the roomie drama out of this episode. It was supposed to be a LUBY episode. They really haven't had much in the way of luby this season (Season 13 has not been my favorite - that easily goes to season 12) so I was hoping for mostly Luby scenes. A little roomie drama and other characters would've been fine, but it was a bit too much. That said... poor Ray I feel sorry for the guy. Girl you want finally calls you up and says "Yep, I want you!" and he gets hit by a truck. My kinda luck, actually.

I do not like Gates. The man is.. blah. The only good thing about his character is Sarah so I hope they keep that little girl with him. Otherwise I wish he'd get hit by a truck. (Wait they kinda just did that to someone else, didn't they? My bad.)

I loved the way Dubenko kept threatening Luka, and Luka just totally ignored it. Was hilarious!!! I'm pretty sure he knows he has nothing to worry about there ;-)

Finally, Luka looked sooo damn fine in this episode I just wanted to jump through the screen and play tonsil hockey with him. Yep - I'm still obsessed with my Goran Visnjic. God, how friggin hot can one man get?

That's all! Hi to all the people who know me from a long time ago, and I'll try to post once in awhile *Hugz*
Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
New Fan

I loved the balance. Weddings are kenetic like that, a little drama, humor, mixture of the past and what is to come. It is the wow moments that make it fun.

Glad to see Abby agree to be happy, a great Luby event. Reviewing their history, it was staged just right. The whacky planning, impromtu singing, a sidebar to various cast members romances, interesting side comments, and a look at the future.

What wedding does not include a look at old and new partnerings as people get in the mood or wax nolstalgic. Weddings will bring out a range of emotions. If you mix alcohol who knows. Bottomline, they are married and shared a fun eventful evening w/ us. Their first dance as hubby & wife was enjoyable, music and all.

ER showed Abby & Luca as we wanted. Of course they visited the idea of Neela & Ray, that is TV, always looking ahead. Luby will still be a favorite. There is always room for more ER magic. I welcome more LUBY & also moments w/ Neela/Ray, whatever works.

Last edited by tvbuzz; 05-04-2007 at 12:22 PM
Old 05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was fantastic! There was a little bit of everyhting which I loved. It wasn't focused mainly on one thing. The Luby moments were classic. Abby putting up a fight in the beginning. It was a great wedding! And I absolutely Loved the Rommies stuff! It was about time Neela said something. Overall this was one of the best episodes ever! It was so funny, I loved Neela saying "Has everyone gone bonkers" ahah. I was dieing! It was great!

nanor;;lj
Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM
New Fan

Words can't even express how I feel... Poor Ray
Old 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Best episode ever!!! Enough said!

But, Ray!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
New Fan

i cant wait any longer!! what happens to RAY?! anybody know?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER_Roomies821 (View Post)
i cant wait any longer!! what happens to RAY?! anybody know?
Check the ER spoiler thread.