Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Total Fan

Episode Discussion: 13.18 "Photographs and Memories" {April 12, 2007}

From NBC.com:

Quote:
Photographs and Memories, 04/12/07

Sam and Morris are caught off guard when a photographer comes into the ER snapping photos alongside a terminally ill patient. Annabella Sciorra guest stars! TV14
and from NBCUMV:

Quote:
LIVE LIKE YOU ARE DYING--ANNABELLA SCIORRA ("LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT") GUEST STARS -- Sam (Linda Cardellini) and Morris (Scott Grimes) are caught off guard when a photographer (guest star Annabella Sciorra) comes into the ER snapping photos alongside a terminally ill patient. Neela (Parminder Nagra) continues to feel upstaged by the new surgical intern that seems to be Dr. Dubenko's (Leland Orser) new favorite. Meanwhile, it is Sam's birthday (Linda Cardellini) and all she can think about is Alex (Dominic Janes). Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Mekhi Phifer, Parminder Nagra, Shane West, and John Stamos also star.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for putting up the thread, hun. I completely forgot. I edited the title, though, cause this is actually episode 18.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver (View Post)
Thanks for putting up the thread, hun. I completely forgot. I edited the title, though, cause this is actually episode 18.

~Ash
Thanks - I wasn't sure which number, so I took a random guess.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Soooo excited for the episode tonight!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Fairly enjoyable episode. Sam's storyline with the photographer was pretty touching. Dubenko is a total jerk and pervert. Hope is annoying but I think Morris is cool. The Luby wedding is all cute and hilarious at the same time. Thank God we had very little Gates this episode. That goes a long way. His scenes with Sarah are nice though. That new med student Larry is a nerd. Last but not least Ray and Neela are such a cute couple. I hope they get together.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww, I thought the Dubenko thing was ADORABLE. I did NOT see that coming, not even a tiny little bit. Absolutely hilarious. I almost fell off my chair, as soon as he started stuttering about their "personal relationship", LOL!!!!!!! Poor guy!!! No wonder he gave her that Christmas present! All this time I thought he had a bug up his bum because of the Manish thing, I had NO idea he liked her! That was too funny -- poor Neela. And what is this magical property she's giving off to make all these men fall in love with her? Because I want some!

And OMG do I even have to mention how happy of a roomie I am right now? O..M..G.. I am gonna cap that jukebox to death and it ain't even gonna know what hit it...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
Aww, I thought the Dubenko thing was ADORABLE. I did NOT see that coming, not even a tiny little bit. Absolutely hilarious. I almost fell off my chair, as soon as he started stuttering about their "personal relationship", LOL!!!!!!! Poor guy!!! No wonder he gave her that Christmas present! All this time I thought he had a bug up his bum because of the Manish thing, I had NO idea he liked her! That was too funny -- poor Neela. And what is this magical property she's giving off to make all these men fall in love with her? Because I want some!

And OMG do I even have to mention how happy of a roomie I am right now? O..M..G.. I am gonna cap that jukebox to death and it ain't even gonna know what hit it...
I know, i was pretty surprised too. Since they had already gone that way with Lucien and his not so subtle crush on Abby in the past, (and the fact neela's already got enough men issues on her plate!) i thought it was the whole kidney transplant thing that he was peeved over, and that he honestly looked to her as a friend and someone he respected, rather than anything more. However someone else made a good point on another forum that it doesn't seem as though he has much of a chance for a great and varied social life being a 'top' surgeon, and visiting his sister etc, so the only new people he can form strong bonds with are those he works with. Therefore it's not hard to see why poor Dubenko would fall for neela, as they work closely together and she's nice to him (which bless his cotton socks, prob counts for a lot to him) Awwww, feel kinda sorry for him, sorry, but he's got NO chance lol, and i think he knows it

Oooh and galaxy yes please cap away!! and please the one where neela's dragging ray of to dance, and links arms with him, and they're both smiling - awww

On a slightly different note, favourite lines this episode included the two overly orange teenagers telling abby and sam: "We're still at an age where we care how we look" haha, and sam saying that she couldn't believe she and Abby had got dissed by a couple of raisins!

Last edited by angelfirestar*; 04-13-2007 at 10:28 AM
Old 04-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll cap soon -- probably some point later this afternoon. I'll definitely get that shot for you.

I agree, Dubenko has no chance. It makes perfect sense for him to be having a crush on her now, and I do feel sorry for him. I know Neela isn't even slightly interested in the poor guy -- nobody is. He even had to use that prostitute service that Abby found for him, ewww. He is a loser when it comes to his social life. It's too bad, really, because he's smart and polite and mature (well, when it comes to everything else), and he's not a bad looking guy, really. If he goes after Mae Lee, though, I'm gonna run him through the rails, because --> y u c k.

I already can't wait for next week's episode. I'm gonna go back and read the spoilers again to see if anything about them will now seem different after having seen this episode.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
I'll cap soon -- probably some point later this afternoon. I'll definitely get that shot for you.

I already can't wait for next week's episode. I'm gonna go back and read the spoilers again to see if anything about them will now seem different after having seen this episode.
Thanks galaxy, you're a doll ;-) Oh also, just thought of another great potential cap by the jukebox - after neela tells ray he won't have to wait long and then ray rolls his eyes crazily and says 'ok' goofily hehe love it

Oooh, if u come up with any theories after reading the spoilers again, post them on the spoiler thread, will be interesting to see

Last edited by angelfirestar*; 04-13-2007 at 02:20 PM
Old 04-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Hahaha...

Oh Lucien.

First off, Mae Lee is a weasel. Did you see the look she gave Dubenko in the trauma room after Neela was sent out (the first scene)? She looked so smugly victorious. And her smirk at the elevator was just creepy.

That being said, I'm not surprised that Dubenko has feelings for Neela. He has always seemed to be a lonely workaholic with no personal life and even fewer social skills. He and Neela spend a lot of time together in close quarters, she's pleasant and nice to him. Then there's the fact that he has mentioned more than once (City of Mercy and last night) that she is an intern and he is an attending (and the chief). I think he realizes there are boundaries regardless of his feelings. Poor mook.

As for the rest of the episode, I liked it a lot (save for the Gates nonsense). Sam really shown last night as the birthday girl, the trauma scenes were touching without being over the top and Luka and Abby were played for laughs.

I have caps posted in my lj, link in sig.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubenko_junkie
That being said, I'm not surprised that Dubenko has feelings for Neela. He has always seemed to be a lonely workaholic with no personal life and even fewer social skills.
I wasn't surprised either. He had a thing for Abby back in seasons 11 and 12, so it makes sense for him to have feelings for whatever female is working up there. Not to call him a player, but I think he relates better to women he works with than those he doesn't.

Overall, the episode was alright. I wasn't super excited about it, and I think it has more to do with the fact that I was exhausted than the episode itself. Loved the Sam storyline (it's so nice seeing her get some of her own screentime!) as well as the Luka/Abby/Morris/Hope wedding mess. Heh. The Gates/Sarah was very well-done (I know I'm a huge minority around here, but I love Gates) and there wasn't a whole lot of Ray, which always makes me happy (apologies again). I didn't care too much about the car accident victims, but the photographer really did have an impact. I wonder if she saw the Balkan wars? No idea why I jumped to that connection, but given the past conflicts she saw, I wouldn't be surprised.

The next few episodes look really interesting. I'm relatively unspoiled, so I have no idea what is going to happen, but I'm intrigued from the previews, and that's always a good thing.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

this episode was really good! [lol, or maybe Im just excited over havig ER back..not sure yet..hehe]

anywayz, loved the roomies scenes they're just too cute~ hehe and the whole DUbenko with Neela! aww! poor thing...emm both of them actually... I was sure it was bcoz of the organ transplant thingy..but guess I was wrong...

Sam's story line was good too, the whole photograph thing was very nice!

and the wedding! hehe! poor Hope...LOL but doing it in Croatia, that would be iteresting...!

okay, cant remember what else I wanted to say...so..TBC hehe
Old 04-14-2007, 05:28 AM
New Fan

I really, really loved this episode!

I'm totally excited that Er's back, I missed it!
Obviously the roomies scenes where awesome. I loved how Ray tried to stand up for Neela when Mae Lee took all the credit for what Neela did.
The Jukebox scene, indeed, was really cute!!

As for Dubenko, yeah - I kind of suspected it for a while.
I'm glad he got it out finally, and I thought the way it got out was really cute. How Neela was so angry with him at first

I don't like the whole Abby/Luka/Morris/Hope storyline. Hope annoys me. and I think it's silly Abby and Luka don't want to tell people about their engagement.
I do, however, like the idea of them getting married in Croatia. That would be so awesome.

Sam was cute this episode, I loved the phone call of her and Alex at the end, it's about time Alex starts to act normal again. That mixed-up-kid stuff was seriously getting old.

Favourite line of the episode:
Ray: "Honey?"
Neela: "Yes? .. Oh."
<3
Old 04-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Great episode! The Roomies made my day, without a doubt. There's so much chemistry and affection between those two.... Shane and Parminder do work amazingly well together. LOVED Ray wanting to stand up for Neela against Dubenko/Mae Lee. That's Ray...

Gates was annoying with Larry. He always lies to cover his butt. Hate that. But I do enjoy the Sarah storyline.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Total Fan

De-sticking this one to make room for the new episode.