Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode Discussion: 13.13 "A House Divided" {January 11, 2007}

Sorry this is so late going up. Life's been crazy this week.

From NBC.com:

Quote:
A HOUSE DIVIDED
1/11/07 10/9c
Dr. Weaver makes a decision that will change the ER forever. TV14
From NBCUMV:

Quote:
ER
A HOUSE DIVIDED
AN ARGUMENT OVER A PATIENT LEAVES A COUPLE IN DISTRESS- FOREST WHITAKER, PAULA MALCOMSON, AND FRED WARD GUEST STAR-- Kovac (Goran Visnjic) gets jealous when Abby (Maura Tierney) gives too much attention to a patient. Meg (guest star Paula Malcomson) pulls a deadly stunt when Gates (John Stamos) moves out of her place. As a result of one of his patients dying, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) finds that police are anxious to arrest him. Meanwhile, Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) makes a decision that will change the ER forever. Parminder Nagra, Linda Cardellini and Shane West also star.

Have at it, guys.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the thread, Ash

I'm really exciting about this ep
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by criss128 (View Post)
I'm really exciting about this ep
Me too.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Total Fan

I find it interesting that they have Weaver appearing in this episode. I thought she was gone as of last week?

Thanks for posting, Ash. 'Tis been a nutty week indeed.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I find it interesting that they have Weaver appearing in this episode. I thought she was gone as of last week?
i think shes only packing up her stuff this week....or since she resigned dusnt she have to work at the hospital a lil lnger (like a '2 weeks notice' type thing?)

cannot wait to see this episode - previews make it looks very dramatic
Old 01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Aww looks like I'll have to get my special box of tissues out for this one, hope I have enough they're almost all gone from Bloodline... Did I ever mention I love this season?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

This episode is going to be depressing for me well this one and the next one.Weaver has always been my favorite ever since her first episode but after reading TV Guide.com's interview with Laura Innes it made me realize that all good things must come to an end and like Hermoine_Granger I'm probably gonna have to get tissues out when I watch it tommorow morning(can't stay up til 11)....my review for this episode will be comming sometime tommorow.
credit
Old 01-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I hate that Weaver is leaving. I have had a love hate relationship with the character since she first came to the show All the old school doctors are leaving. I hate that. Noody from seasons 1 or 2 is still there except for extras. I wish she would have stayed at least until the end of the season. This is making me sad.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm still getting my thoughts in order. Lots to process. Love the Roomies, of course. (Mor on that in the Roomies thread ) Any sad to say goodbye to Weaver. But at least Laura Innes will be back to direct episodes (or so I hear), so she'll still be around behind the camera.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Shane West killed it tonight.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

This was totally a Roomie ep - still gathering thoughts, like Ash - will have to wait until I can download from Izzy.. Here are my current *disjointed* (sorry) thoughts

Thank goodness Ray set out to apologize right away... although he didn't really get to it... Loved the simulateous "NO!" Somebody please get that cap up pronto! They were totally in their element with that argument, looking at each other with that huge intensity. Too bad even with rewinding several times I couldn't hear all the other junk they were arguing about.. Loved Pratt in the Roomie scenes, sad otherwise. I wonder what he would have said if Ray hadn't stopped him.

Love Gates/Sarah, hate Neela/Gates in Abby's place, ew! Although Mindi looked GREAT. really great! I loved her outfit in the last scene with Stamos. I know the wavy/straight hair was a disconnect but I didn't think about it at the moment too much. And she definitely was not pro-Gates when he interrupted Ray. That SUCKED. You could wonder what exactly he was going to say.

This was a LOT of Ray, it was COOL. Almost like the Ray show by comparison - it was totally geared for Roomies. Probably fans of other characters were disappointed. Little bit of background for Ray if you consider the stepdad thing LOT of obvious omissions - no mention of Katey at all, only that Ray listened to Pratt before and look where it got him.

Missed Morris, Hope, Dubenko, but hopefully next ep - the humor in this one was Roomies and Pratt-Roomies.

Liked all of Kerry's scenes... they showcased a goodbye with Ray, which surprised me a bit - his response was a little awkward But to some extent he owed his staying there to her... and maybe she lessened his tendency to be flippant when he oughtn't to be.

There were two battles over patients - the Ray-Gates was silly, obvious, a little annoying - lights, stethoscopes... Ha. not quite. but more Ray is GOOD regardless The Luka-Abby was a little milder, better.

Wonder how many minutes of screentime Shane got? AWESOME.

Tina
Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Amazing episode from all of the characters. My favorite part was when Pratt put Gates in his place by telling it wasn't his call to make to call surgery and that Ray was over him. If I personally called one of my supervisors at work an 'ass for brains', my job would be gone in a heartbeat. It is nice to finally see somebody calling him on how he acts like he doesn't answer to anybody.

Even if I hadn't been reading spoilers and knew kind of what was coming with Meg, I could tell from the way she was acting, something was wrong with her. She was too calm, as compared to the feisty woman who came to the ER last week and screamed at both Neela and Gates. That is a classic sign of someone who is going to do something drastic to themselves soon.

Abby, Luka and Ray's goodbye scenes with Weaver were perfectly done with each actor. I couldn't stand Weaver for a long time and it has only been in the last few years that she has grown on me a bit. I'm going to miss her.

In regards to how Abby dealt with Luka in the trauma room, that is why I think the place I work doesn't allow you anybody who is involved in a relationship with each other, in the same department. Especially where one is the other's boss because just like the same thing with Gates, if it was where I work, Abby would be out on her rear. Now I grant you, Luka was being a jerk but you don't talk to your boss anyway you please just because you are living together and have child with them. Then she calls the medical board without letting anybody who was in charge in the ER know what she was doing. I love Abby, I have from the beginning but tonight there was few times, I wanted to smack her silly. Although I did love her response to finding out Eddie was her father. She was right to tell him to go away because he abandoned her and family and wasn't the father she needed when I'm sure it wasn't easy living with her mother.

Finally this episode belonged to Shane West, he was awesome. From his confrontation with Neela to his goodbye scene with Weaver, this episode belonged to him. Ray did deserve a smack in the face for the things he said to Neela in their argument but I could see where he was coming from. He was hurting over her choosing to be with Gates who, in his opinion, is a lying arrogant person that is only going to cause her more pain than she has already experienced. I loved him telling Pratt not to give him anymore advice because of what happened the last time he took his advice. I am so glad they brought what happened in last season's finale up between the two of them. In his confrontation with Daniel's stepfather, you could see a hint that he has some personel experience with what Daniel had went through. I think they are finally going to reveal some of Ray's past to us.

Great episode, I can't wait for the next one.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Wow... so many cliffhangers for one show! LOL

Kerry leaving was really sad, but very well done. That scene with Abby was fantastic. I can't believe they mentionned Carter! So cute. The "goodbye" scene with Ray was pretty hilarious. Gotta love him And of course, the one with Luka was great too.

Ray *totally* owned this episode. Even if his judgement was probably clouded with Gates, he did save the day without being as ridiculously cocky as Gates was. I LOVE Neela for kind of saving his ass with Gates. And the parting glances? Awwwww. These two are so crazy about each other. I'm kinda glad Ray didn't get to tell Neela how he felt... not sure it was a good time. He's gonna tell her eventually and I cannot wait for it. I mean, I've been waiting for that for almost THREE seasons

Quote:
Loved the simulateous "NO!"
Hee, that was great.

Also, LOVED the Pratt/Ray scene in the ambulance bay. Too damn funny! And Ray yelling at the stepdad? Awesome!

Can Alex go away already? I can't stand the kid anymore.

Loved Sam and Ben. Really cute.

Now, I'm getting scared for Luka/Abby

ETA: Oh, and can I say how much I despise Gates for being such a coward with Sarah? He let her find out on her own instead of having the guts to tell her himself. Agh!

Last edited by SpySyd; 01-12-2007 at 05:59 AM
Old 01-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was so tense during the eppy I think it was too much at the same time I remember thinking ER has way too many characters, but I think if GV ever decides to leave it wont be by killing LUka since they are making clear workplace love not too cool however in the other hand im not that worry I mean the ER gang is always dating among themselves. Mybe they are leaving it openin case they need an exit arc. I love how ABBY dealt with the whole father thing and how she wanted to talk to Luka and not keep that to herself. I think LUBY is strong and will get stronger..... I email Ausiello about GV I need to know !! if I will have LUBY next year I live on it!! ok I need a life
Old 01-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

what was with people disrespecting their superiors in this episode? i cant believe an intern had the cheek to fight with an R3, and even though Luka and Abby are hardly strangers, she still had no right to show that kinda attitude towards him.

i thought the Gates and Sarah scenes were so cute, its nice when its just them. the Pratt/Ray scne in the ambulance bay also rocked...its nice Ray could laugh about it...id hate it if he was angsty and depressed all the time. and u go Sams Grandma!!!

Rays scene with the kids father was wicked, the best one in the episode...u cud really tell the case brought back memories.

obviously the roomie scenes got a thumbsup. i luv the way neela corrected gates about the diagnosis after Gates interrupted them (and called him Rockstar - its weird how he knws that considerin Ray got kiked out of his band long before Tony joined....i just have to assume Neela goes on about him to Tony when we're not lookin )

finally, did anyone notice that Neela was wearing what looked like her wedding ring around her neck in her last scene with Gates? its nice the writers have sum sense of continuity and remember that she had a husband

Last edited by EdsBlueEyes; 01-12-2007 at 01:28 PM