Quote:
TELL ME NO SECRETS...
11/30/06 10/9c
A startling secret plagues the ER.
From NBCUMV

Quote:
ER
TELL ME NO SECRETS...
A STARTLING SECRET PLAGUES THE ER-- FOREST WHITAKER GUEST-STARS- Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) has a tough time coming to terms with his brother's newly discovered sexual orientation. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) spots Curtis Ames (guest star Forest Whitaker) outside his apartment, but chooses not to tell Abby (Maura Tierney). Gates (John Stamos) begs Neela (Parminder Nagra) to give him a chance. Meanwhile, Kovac and Gates treat a young girl who appears to have been assaulted. Laura Innes, Linda Cardellini, Shane West and Scott Grimes also star.
Have at it, guys. Sorry the thread is so late going up. Busy week this week.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yey, just a few hours. I think this is going to be a nice ep
Old 11-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Repost:

Gates needs to shave that mountain of stubble he has. But Ray’s facial hair looks just as doltish. Both need to shave ASAP. Neela and her big brown eyes were not featured enough tonight. I loved when Neela cracked on Gates’s arse about Meg. And made a crack about his reading difficulty in the process. And Neela called him out on his lies, etc. I believe that Gates meant was sincere in stating that he and Meg slept together for comfort and there was no love on his part. And that he does have more than lustful feelings towards Neela. He seems to feel more for Neela than she does for him. The scene played out a bit odd because it just seemed that Neela quickly took him at his words because of like, lust, loneliness, or something. But it just seemed a bit off kilter but I suppose it is to set up future events. Neela is in lust and like but she still seems confused as she should. TPTB sure amped up the triangle or quad or whatever. With Neela once again trying to tell Ray to not date Katie because she is his med student. And then we had to have Ray state that Neela made her choice in Gates and to butt out. I just have no symapthy for dear old Ray. His whiny left me cold. Yes, the triangle or whatever the hell type of entanglements are out there to be either resolved or shaken up next year.

I thought it was a bit dense for Pratt to automatically think his brother was straight from seeing Chaz’s female study partner having slept over. I mean at the very least Pratt should have possible thought Chaz was bisexual. But I guess the clumsy bit of thinking was just to illustrate how Pratt still really has not come to terms with is brother’s homosexuality. Well Chaz directly declaring himself gay set Pratt straight. Hope has made real progress in the last few episodes. I’m growing to like her but her prescribing holding hands, etc for a patient was too silly. TPTB have toned her down a lot. But they still have work to do. The Danielle plot was creepy and disturbing. Her mutilating her self[ in her girly bits] was hard to imagine.

Finally Luka tells Abby the truth about Ames. How is Ames working construction with one damn arm? I like seeing Luka threatened Ames. It was a good scene. Its just too bad that TPTB won’t have Luka inform Abby of the matter. But I guess it is to amped up the drama for later episodes. Luka does not like Eddie and seems to feel that something is amiss. Clearly Abby’s father along with the Ames situation will cause plenty of havoc of Luka/Abby. I couldn’t give a hack about Ray/Katie. But they do make a realistic couple. Liked Morris telling off Crenshaw. Morris and Hope could work. Ben and Sam vibe well together. Weaver and Courtney sure got their kiss on. They have more chemistry than she ever had with Sandy. This episode was fine and decent. But the pace was too bloody slow and tepid. IMO The X-mas episode next week looks very good and judging from the spoilers it will be a nice holiday episode.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm getting really scared for Luka now... because this can't end well.

Loved the Roomies interaction. Finally! Someone who calls Neela on her denial ways. I don't think she ever wanted to hurt Ray, she's obviously not ready to face her issues with him or with herself for that matter. But things will be tough when she wakes-up. I can't wait!

Loved Morris standing up to Crenshaw.

I loved Pratt. He was denying the possibility of his brother being gay only because it's not an easy thing to face. His reaction was very human and I think it's normal for him to need some time.

More Ray is always awesome. I'm really glad the writers remembered him.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Total Fan

I missed the middle part of the episode because my heater was smoking (yes, I still live in Phoenix). But what I saw was fantastic. I liked the fact that Pratt is struggling with Chaz's homosexuality. It is very in-character; you can see that he's trying to accept it, but at this point, is still unable to. It shows maturity, but is still Pratt. I must admit, he's growing on me this season.

The Neela/Gates thing was just weird. Yes, Gates, you must shave. You too, Ray.

Sam and Ben are great together. Nice to see LC get some actual lines in an episode.

Crenshaw was just...ugh. Morris and Hope's scene with him was beauty, though. Especially Hope's line: "I could kiss you. No...it's passed."

Luka/Abby/Ames: Reasonably well-done, though I thought it reminded me a bit of the mugger storyline from season seven and the Brian storyline from season eight rolled into one. Glad he finally told Abby part of the story, though.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Over all a reasonable episode filled with some really great moments:

Ray & Neela's fight- awesome acting from both Parminder & Shane, the ep was worth watching just for this, IMO.

Morris- oh how I love thee! I really really could kiss him!

Hope- great line, well pulled off by Busy Philips. She’s shaping up to be a great addition to this season’s cast.

Hope & Morris- I’d love to see these two together in the future, they’d make a very cute couple.

I loved how a bunch of the doc’s got together on the ice pick case- it made for a great scene.

I’m a little disappointed in Pratt in his reaction to his brother’s sexuality, especially after the conversation with Kerry in last week’s ep. His reaction, tho disappointing was human, hopefully in time we’ll see more understanding from him and the storyline wont be dropped.

I like the new nurses Ben & Dawn, also great additions to the cast. I think we’ve been a little short on nurses recently as some of the older ones have left.

The Ames storyline got boring very quickly for me- but in this ep I felt so sorry for him, his co-workers and boss treat him appallingly- poor guy.

Luka finally filled Abby in on the Ames situation, her reaction was understandable considering the length of time this has been going on.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Supreme Fan

I loved the Roomies scene (of course), and my complete thoughts on it are in the Roomies thread. I also agree, Ben and Dawn are great additions to the cast. Kip Pardue has good chemistry with Linda Cardellini, and it's about time Sam found herself a decent guy, so I hope to see more of them. Also loved Morris telling Crenshaw off, and Hope was less annoying, especially in the scene with Morris, though I still want him with Jane.

I think Pratt's reaction was normal, and somewhat expected. He's grown since last season, yes, but he's still got some growing to do. I don't think it would've ben realistic for him not to struggle with accepting it. His relationship with his brother is being tested, and I think it will strengthen as a result.

The Angela story was disturbing, but well acted. I don't know the name of the woman who plays Angela, but I definitely want to see more of her. Her scene with Luka as she realized her daughter had seen what happened to her 4 years before was heart-wrenching.

I love Forest Whitaker, but I'm sick of this Ames thing, so I hope they wrap it up soon. And I think Abby's reaction was understandable. It affected her safety and their son's. Luka should've told her what was going on long before he actually did.

Glad to see Michelle Hurd (Courtney) on TV again. I loved her on SVU, and she's great here as well. Lots of chemistry with Laura Innes, who, incidentally, did a fabulous job directing this episode.

The only thing that really bothered me was the way Pratt, Morris, and Ray were watching Ben take care of the combative patient. They said they were upstaged by a Murse, as if it's a bad thing. I don't remember them ever having a problem hollering for Malik when a patient got out of hand, and I'd dare any one of them to call Malik a "Murse" to his face in the way they said it regarding Ben.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver
I think Pratt's reaction was normal, and somewhat expected. He's grown since last season, yes, but he's still got some growing to do. I don't think it would've ben realistic for him not to struggle with accepting it. His relationship with his brother is being tested, and I think it will strengthen as a result.
Exactly. It's nice to see that continuity.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Supreme Fan

De-sticking this thread to make room for the new one. Feel free to continue to discuss this episode here.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, Ash

I just want to say that the escene between Neela and Ray was awesome