Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

EP DISCUSSION: "White Guy, Dark Hair," 11.07 {November 18th, 2004}

From NBCMV:

RAPE VICTIM TRIES RISKY PROCEDURE TO HELP POLICE -- Sam (Linda Cardellini) and Kovac (Goran Visjnic) treat a woman who was brutally beaten and raped and wants to help police although she can barely speak. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) schedules a JCAHO emergency drill without telling the staff. Carter (Noah Wyle) and Abby (Maura Tierney) treat a girl complaining of kidney problems, which is just the beginning of her adventure. Laura Innes, Mekhi Phifer, Parminder Nagra and Shane West also star.
me too.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Okay, what the hell is the title supposed to tell us? We're probably gonna know after the episode has aired.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- Sam (Linda Cardellini) and Kovac (Goran Visjnic) treat a woman who was brutally beaten and raped and wants to help police although she can barely speak.

I guess the title is part of her description.
me too.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah that could be. I would love to see some Sam/Kovac interaction!
Old 11-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Sounds like an interesting episode.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-19-2004, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, i don't know about you but i thought is was a great ep.

Sam and luka how cute. Linda Cardellini the actress who plays her is a phenomenal actress. i was waiting for the cop to be a fake and be the one who raped her but he turned out to be a good cop.

The girl who gave birth. she is crazy. that baby is a miracle and you have to know that you just gave birth. and not to mention there was like 30 witnesses. why did they have to do it in the hallway. i know that is not one of the top place to give birth.

Susan, was good at the end. cherry factory blowing up how funny is that. the historys on the girls as they came in where funny.

Carter good job. he is not all in his corner anymore. but there was so touching moments.

Abby. she is just the coolest. she still cares about him and him her.

Chen is back. but for like 5 min. that story line is over done.

pratt is nicer. but what is with the kid? he left her all alone. that would be scary.

next week? i thought there were 6 new eps. but i understand for thanksgiving but the voice guy said 6 new eps. and i believe it have only been 2. or maybe 3.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

- "There are still many, many, many... many problems to work out" - Now, those are true words of encouragement.

- Carter. Kem, Pictures. Noa. Heart. Breaking.

- But she does looks very happy. Which, as Jerry said, is good, considering... but aw, there's a part of me that wants her to be miserable so that she'd come running back to Carter. No, actually, there isn't - I like Kem as a character, so I'm glad she's happy.

- What does Ray's shirt say? "Employee of the Month?" Allow me to laugh. A lot.

- Because I can say it after a minute and a half... Rape victim actress is good. I was in full shaking mood by the time the teaser ended.

- Poor Big Susie, no one listens to her

- It makes me giddy all over again everytime I hear Abby introducing herself as "Doctor Lockhart".

- LYDIA WOODROD! Ahhh, good old days. Didn't she leave forever ago, though?

- The nurse that said "With Luka, that's getting lucky"... where do I know her from? I mean, I know she's been on the show before, but has she been involved in some big plot or something? Because I remember her quite vividly, much more than the other random nurses.

- "Yeah, my girlfriend is on that one too." Wait, girlfriend?... Malik and Yosh aren't together? DAMN!

- What a hard transition, acting wise, for Linda between a gay conversation about Luka and Sma moving in together to witnessing Louise trying to answer the detective's questions, but she totally pulled it off. Great actress, that girl.

- How can you not notice when you don't get your period for nine months? I mean, can't say I follow mine closely enough to know that I'm a few days late, but a few months? How stupid is she?

- Of course Carter gets to deliver an unexpecting mother the day he recieves pictures of his ex-girlfriend, who was veyr much expecting a few months ago. OF COURSE.

- Luka and Sam are all giddy and then they argue over a case. And that's why, boys and girls, you are better off not working with your SO.

- The Scouts I know aren't that annoying. They're giving us a bad name!

- Also, we don't have those ugly heart-high skirts.

- I kind of like ER less when Carter is in the focus. Not that I don't feel for him when he has to deal with babies, but... he does things others wouldn't get away with be he does.

- Oooof, Sam. I understand bending the rules in favour of your patient, but not when it may cost them their life.

- Carter still calls Kem "my girlfriend". Oh, he loves her, and oh, they're so very much getting back together.

- Also, that picture looks like Kem in... I forgot the name of the episode, the one with the snow.

- Wendell and Abby work well together. It seems like there are better chances for them together then for Wendell and Carter

- Very touching moment when they found out the truth about the baby. I guess now Carter can see that a baby isn't always such a miracle? :/

- Can anyone please tell me that American Scouts aren't really like that? Because I'm losing all respect for them... and don't even get me started on those stupid badges.

- GO SUSAN!!!

- Ming Na is so pretty. They should keep around to be a pretty wallpaper or something, seeing as they don't seem to be ready to give her something to actually *do*.

- Oh, okay, so the brother isn't the father, thanks Goran.

- Is Deb's father going to die soon? I'm a little sick of him, and all those medical issues and confusion just bring back bad memories.

- Sam looks like she's about to cry - me too. This sucks so much. It makes me think of the serial rapist they had in season three, and all the women that died then...

- What Luka did kind of annoyed me. I mean, I understand that he wants to cover up for Sam, but it's just... not fair, not legal.

- Also, I think Sam feels shameful about what she did, and that's why she doesn't thank him.

- So Abby cares enough to tell Wendell, but not enough to put Carter off the case? Seriously, the moment Mitcha gave birth, Abby should've offered Carter to have Pratt/Luka/etc. raplace him.

- While I don't agree with what Sam did or with Luka's reaction to it, it was a very touching, warm moment between them at the end. He obviously cares about her very, very much - and she lets him, which sometimes I think is all Luka needs.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigB
why did they have to do it in the hallway
They did try to get her up, but the elevator didn't came and then delivery started already, they had to finish.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigB
she still cares about him and him her.
Okay, I can sort of see where you're coming from saying she still cares for him, but he for her? When?...
me too.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this episode better than last week. Probably becauase I missed Carter last week. Itwas good to see the whole staff again and multiple patients.

I felt for Carter. He has not dealt with his son's death or any other issues in a healthy manner. It seems like Kem has. To me that hopefully means that Kem has moved on. I don't ever want to see Kem again. Carter still thinks of Kem as the mother of his child. He's not ready to give that up because he has not had a chance to gain perspective on what he really felt for Kem as a individual. In his mind the moment he fouund out she was pregnant with his child, she mostly became the mother of his child. That 's when his feelings for her seemed to get deeper. It was mostly about her being the mother of his child and the belief that he created in his mind that all is well because he is going to afather and part of a family. When the baby died it really devestated Carter. He is not ready to admit that the main cionnection with Kem is gone now. he is now back to trying to pretend that all is well, yet people who know him and care about him know otherwise. I hope that Carter soon starts dealing with things . He has not done so properly since his gamma died. he has unresolved issues from his childhood that came back to the service. Carter will never find happiness with himself or anyone else until he deals with all that is going on.

Carter can make a couple of sentences to strangers like Wendall and Ray because they don't know him. he feels he can tell them as little as eh wants to do. With people he cares about and who knows him well like abby he tries to not engage in personal conversation. he can't get away with stuff with abby or susan, etc because they know him well esp. Abby. It was good to see carter and abby interact throughout an episode again even while carter was so upset by the reminder of his son's death anf he was trying to detach himself from everyone. I loved seeing them deliver the baby together. I loved how the camera went to Carter's reaction after abby asked the girl if she ever wanted to have a baby.

The rape case really was sad. i'm still not a fan of luka/Sam. I'm not suprised that Luka covered up the woman's death to cover up Sam's dealy mistake.

I still am not impressed with Madchen amick's acting abilities. NIah and Maura have so much more talent than she does. in scenes whereemotions are required, she is so wooden. I wonder if that is why that so far in all of these episode that she has been in that we see either carter or abby ask the patients far more question.

I still wish Ray would go away. I know after seeing both Shane and Madchen in action, i have no desire to go out and see them in othe projects.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mely

- The nurse that said "With Luka, that's getting lucky"... where do I know her from? I mean, I know she's been on the show before, but has she been involved in some big plot or something? Because I remember her quite vividly, much more than the other random nurses.

- So Abby cares enough to tell Wendell, but not enough to put Carter off the case? Seriously, the moment Mitcha gave birth, Abby should've offered Carter to have Pratt/Luka/etc. raplace him.

That nurse has been on the show forever. Her name is Dory. The actress, Kyle Richards, is Paris and Nicky Hilton's aunt.

Do you really think Carter would've let her do that? Of course not. The way he was shoving the baby down the girl's throat, it was obviously something he was really concerned about. He wouldn't have just let it go. Also, Abby's really pushed Carter to talk several times in the past few episodes. Maybe she got the hint that he just wanted to work through it on his own terms.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kelly *
That nurse has been on the show forever. Her name is Dory. The actress, Kyle Richards, is Paris and Nicky Hilton's aunt.

Do you really think Carter would've let her do that? Of course not. The way he was shoving the baby down the girl's throat, it was obviously something he was really concerned about. He wouldn't have just let it go. Also, Abby's really pushed Carter to talk several times in the past few episodes. Maybe she got the hint that he just wanted to work through it on his own terms.
Dory, right. I don't know why, but she just really stood out for me this episode, right from the start.

The question is not if Carter would've let her do it, but why she didn't try. And okay, owrk it at his own terms, that's fine - I just don't think it should interfere with patient care, and that girl just wasn't ready to hold the baby then, or even face the fact that he's hers.
me too.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

That 'Employee of the Month' shirt. I noticed that to What was he thinking?

Abby and that baby - she work and the baby delivery department, right? So why did Carter take over, she could off handled it alone.

I'v tried and failed: i don't like that psychlady. She walks around like she ownes that place and she tells Carter what do. From the moment she said: 'i'm covering 3 hospitals, blablabla, that's my excuse for being late, what's yours for being a ass?'. I wish that Carter had said 'The damn pscych lady not being here'.

Abby - still love her, and always will

Carter with that baby was so cute, my heart broke, damn that psych lady.

Those scouts were so annoying, if i was Susan, i'd make that little girl cry.

Sam and Luka were cute togheter I tought that they would have a huge fight and there were moving the boxes back, but no. And i'm glad
Old 11-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by always2nl
That 'Employee of the Month' shirt. I noticed that to What was he thinking?
Reverse psychology of sorts?

Quote:
From the moment she said: 'i'm covering 3 hospitals, blablabla, that's my excuse for being late, what's yours for being a ass?'. I wish that Carter had said 'The damn pscych lady not being here'.
She was right though... covering three hospitals, Carter can't expect her to be there the moment he needs her - though that's an issue that belongs in another episode thread.

Quote:
Those scouts were so annoying, if i was Susan, i'd make that little girl cry.
Totally. Trina or whatever her name is was so obnaxious. Susan should've told her she's dying.
me too.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Cartert took over because Abby did not want to deliever the baby by the elevator. Carter asked abby if she wanted to deliever the baby. Abby told carter no. She was not comfortable doing so outside the Elevator . That is when Carter stepped in. He did not force Abby to not deliever the baby. His first action was to ask abby if she wanted to deliever the baby. how was this the wrong thing to do? It was not in my book.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Your right, i must of missed that. I remember it now, thanks!

Quote:
Totally. Trina or whatever her name is was so obnaxious. Susan should've told her she's dying.
But she was! Or she had a headinjury or something. Woudn't have been fun if Susan pronounced her dead? (no, that's just mean)
Old 11-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay my favorite part had to be the random 9 foot tall fire fighter walking in back of Carter and Abby when they were talking in the hall.. It didn't last that long, but I found it to be RIDICULOUSLY funny.. Then again, I find a lot of stuff that isn't funny, funny.. but, did anyone else notice this?

I really liked Sam in this episode, she is so good for Luka. And he is great for her too, and I think it really kind of showed both angles, and aww, they are just so cute.

Wendall's hair & makeup made me want to slam my head against a wall. Are the people who did that to her actually being payed? She looked like a 12 year old, except with wrinkles or something.. I really, really.. dislike her. And, what is with "do you need some help with that?". It sounded off to me, kind of like.. "do you want fries with that?".

I do think that Abby told Wendall about Carter's situation cause she thinks he might need the professional help, maybe she thinks Wendall could help him, so she kind of layed it on the table, and then Wendall offered help if he needed it? Cause Abby's tried numerous times to get Carter to talk about it but he won't.. The whole gesture would be cool if I liked Wendall. But everything about her just screams 'annoying!' to me.

and all I am is holding breath.