Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

EP DISCUSSION: "'Twas The Night," 11.09 {December 9th, 2004}

NBCMV:

Quote:
CHRISTMAS IN THE ER IS ALWAYS TOUGH - It's Christmas Eve, and the ER staff scrambles to leave for the holiday. Abby (Maura Tierney) receives a dialysis patient who is in critical condition, but she can't reach his physician because he doesn't want to be disturbed during the holidays. After much effort a distraught Chen (Ming-Na) finally finds someone to cover her shift so she can attend to her ailing father. Concerned for her, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) stops by her house to find her struggling with her father's worsening health. Carter (Noah Wyle) and Wendall (Madchen Amick) grow closer and share an awkward kiss as they wish each other a Merry Christmas. Also starring Shane West, Linda Cardellini, Sherry Stringfield.
me too.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

That summary's not quite true, since Chen quit because she couldn't find someone to cover for her.

So, a phone call for Carter from Kem, huh? I guess I wasn't far off with the whole Carter/Kem/Wendall thing. Seems like there are some unresolved issues all the way around there and Carter's playin' it fast and loose with both of them. What was up with that kiss? Totally weird.

Who's that guy who's first insulting and then hitting on Abby? He's just weird all the way around

I loved Neela and Abby playing Santa around the hospital.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Total Fan

Jake = hot.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Nothing like a nice Euthanasia story to get me in the holiday spirit.

Ming rocked though, which just made me even more bitter that they totally ignored and f'ed up her character these past few seasons. ER SUCKKSSS!!111 for not having a Chen/Carter scene in her final episode.

And I want Jake for Neela. ::pouts:: Abby can have Ray instead.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
ER SUCKKSSS!!111 for not having a Chen/Carter scene in her final episode.
ER SUCKKSSSSSS!!1!1! regardless. But yeah, that was a bit strange. One episode these two are best friends, the next episode she's killing her father and leaving, and Carter is... where? *sigh* at least it wasn't Abby with her. That would have been too much.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Someone should force these writers to watch old eppies of ER.
I wasn't a Jinter but I did like their friendship. How sad that there wasn't a goodbye. Maybe if the writers would watch old epppies they'd realize that Carter and Chen have been friends since season 1 and would have had a goodbye between them.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

- Chen shouting in Mandarin sounded a bit like Arabic to me.

- Carter and Wendall sat together so awkwardly.

- "Uh, thanks?.."

- Okay, Luka and Sam's cuteness? Starting to be annoying.

- Abby saying Merry Christmas to Sam... rerun of Makemba, almost.

- I like Abby's scurf.

- Never thought I'd say the day where Susan and Kerry will talk about their children.

- Jake is cute-looking, but needs to lose the facial hair. It's pure evil.

- L/A Christmas talks get happier with each season, it seems. S8 it was his children, S9 was Hindsight, last season was the odd conversation with Carter's gift, and this season they're smiling and stuff!

- "Ready Freddy?"

- Jake laughes from Abby's lame jokes they are made for each other!!!1 /fangirl

- God, they're going to make me cry with this Chen thing.

- Pratt's lame.

- Okay, seriously now, someone needs to tell TPTB that no, Christmas and Hanukkah aren't being celebrated at the same time their year, either. They're almost three weeks apart, to be exact. *g*

- Carter's reaction was all "Uh, again? It's fine, she'll be back in a couple of months."

- "Santa's not coming for me." and make me cry with this storyline, too. Next season, ER needs to have a happy Christmas episode. I mean, I'm not even Christian and they're still ruining Christmas for me!

- I absoultely understand Chen's motives, and I don't think it even has to do with being Chinease. My father was like that with my grandma, too. She was very sick, a big load on the family, and he never even considered putting her in a home - his mother, his problem, and he took care of her until a few days before she died, when she had to be admitted to the hospital.

- I would love to see Abby beating anyone with a fruit cake.

- One could stare at Jake's eyes forever. It tottaly makes up for the facial hair.

- Hee, the x-ray thing with the dear OWNS.

- Loved Carter's smile when he got on the phone with Kem, but not so much him saying he isn't doing anything.

- Someone send Morris away. Please.

- "She's afraid Abby might kill her husband. I don't think she will." I still like Dubenko a lot.

- Okay, not so much after his little speech there.

- I didn't realize the Secret Santa thing was for people out of the ER as well.

- "So why did you learn from all this?" "Always go home when you tell me." I am... not going to comment.

- God, Chen killing her father was so sad, I had tears in my eyes.

- Did you notice how Jake stared after Abby as she walked away? Aw.

- Carter and Wendall's gift "exchange"? Only slightly less awkward than Carter and Susan's in S8.

- Carter talks to Kem, then kisses Wendall? Rebound, rebound, rebound. And Wendall seemed kind of disgusted.

- "Do you have any cash on you? Noooooo." *giggles*

- Ooooh, Ray so very much desereves that snowball.

- I want snow too!

- Oh, and while I did like the C/P scenes, there should've been a Jinter scene in there as well. Hebret {sp?} sucks for not having one.
me too.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really loved the end with the gift giving and when it started snowing in the ambulance bay and everyone ran out. It just felt like old times, even though there was new people..

Abby was the best in this episode, "if you take those lights down I will beat you to death with a fruit cake!". And, I loved when she said "don't ever get sick on Christmas" as if she was looking into the camera. HAH.

Chen & her father.. I never cared for her, but it was kind of sad when she just started crying on Pratt. Wasn't her baby born on Christmas too?

I loved how Carter was like.. staring at Wendall's ass while he was on the phone with Kem. And that kiss? Disturbing. She looked kind of terrified after it. Carter needs to like.. chill with the ladies for a little while if you ask me. :\

Jake is pretty.

& that's about it for now. I really liked this eppy though.

and all I am is holding breath.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Starryed
Carter needs to like.. chill with the ladies for a little while if you ask me. :\
Couldn't agree more. Since he came to the show, Carter hasn't been without a woman for mroe than a few months - I think it's about time.
me too.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

There wasn't nearly enough Luka/Sam lastnight but at least Luka wasn't stuck working Christmas yet again. He has a family to go home to. I am just loving these two more and more.

Bye bye, Deb. You deserved better and so did your relationship with Carter.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Unfamous Loser

Ming rocked though, which just made me even more bitter that they totally ignored and f'ed up her character these past few seasons. ER SUCKKSSS!!111 for not having a Chen/Carter scene in her final episode.
Ditto that. It would have been nice symmetry with S1 for Carter to go over at her place for comfort, but I guess I can't expect that of Hebert. But, as you said, Ming was awesome. She made me cry.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mely
Couldn't agree more. Since he came to the show, Carter hasn't been without a woman for mroe than a few months - I think it's about time.
Unfortunately, it seems like he's ready to get married, no matter who it is. Men propose when they reach a certain period in their life and considering he's tried to marry Abby and Kem in the last couple of years, I doubt he's going to lay off the ladies like he needs to.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Carter's reaction was all "Uh, again? It's fine, she'll be back in a couple of months.
I assume that's regarding Chen leaving right? If it is then OUCH! It's like he didn't even care. That's NOT the same Carter I used to know and love. Like back in season 1 he went to her house after she quit. And then in season 8 he was there for her when she was either suspended or fired by Kerry. I forget which one it was.
Anyways, the point is the old Carter would have cared and at least talked to her.
Why did the writers have to go and ruin Carter?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach Braff Lover
Why did the writers have to go and ruin Carter?
Because Noah's leaving and that's what they do to character when the actor leaves. They did the same thing to Doug when George left (i.e. making us believe up until Such Sweet Sorrow that when Carol told him she was pregnant, he didn't care).
Old 12-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

IMO then it sounds like that's the way they get back at the actors/actresses leaving the show. That is so immature and stupid.