Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Supreme Fan

EP DISCUSSION: "Try Carter," 11.03 {October 14th, 2004}

From NBC.com

Quote:
TRY CARTER

9:59pm 2004-10-14 ALL NEW!

It's a busy 4th of July weekend and Carter (Noah Wylie) tries to run an understaffed hospital, which is flooded with patients. A biker with HIV is left brain dead from a robbery and his girlfriend wants to donate his organs to a fellow friend, who is also infected with HIV. Carter persuades Corday (Alex Kingston) to perform the organ transplant after several surgeons refused to perform the operation. Meanwhile, Ray (Shane West) is upset with Abby (Maura Tierney) for going above him and ordering a drug test on his patient, a bicycle messenger. Abby later asks Carter out for dinner and drinks in hopes of talking to him about his past problems. Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) is back early from his recent craniotomy and is not operating at his best capacity. Carter notices his insensitivity to a stabbing victim as well as the fact that he is still suffering from headaches and sends him home. Corday confronts Weaver (Laura Innes) on her latest surgeon choice and the fact that she was not involved in the decision-making process. Lastly, Neela (Parminder Nagra) looks for employment outside of the medical field and has a hard time finding a decent job.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

I think I've just lost a lot of cool points w/myself because I just got all giggily when I noticed that Ray (Shane West) is going to have a storyline this episode!

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 10-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I really enjoyed this episode. I feel really bad for Carter. He's been through alot. I like the last scene with Carter and Ray. Also enjoyed Ray and Abby clashing.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 10-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

- Abby was HOT again and I'm glad they're finally having all the guys (like Ray.) hitting on her because that means maybe she and someone hot (like Ray.) can start DOIN' IT. Yes. (SHE CAN BE RAY'S GROUPIE!)

I really loved all of Abby's scenes in this episode, she rocked.

- Ugly!Nose parallel between Urbanus and Carter.

- Hee, I love Ray.

- Hee, Rockhart.

- Abby is hot.

- Carter is still annoying. Noah used to do angst so well.

- So is Pratt.

- Susan's hair is SO UGLY. And WHAT DID THEY NAME THEIR CHILD? I heard a Cosmo, but I wasn't sure.

Overall, good episode. Mostly because of Abby. And Ray. And maybe Susan and Elizabeth a little bit.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chanie

And WHAT DID THEY NAME THEIR CHILD? I heard a Cosmo, but I wasn't sure.

Sadly, it is. Cosmo...? ::blink:: I can barely believe it. What did they do to Susan...?
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Old 10-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

And what is with Chuck breast feeding? I mean that was funny how Carter answered his question about seeing a father breast feed. but i am sorry that is wrong that is something the mom does to bond. then when you go to the bottle then the father bonds. I thought she looked good i think susan had lost more weight.

Neela was funny. i knew she would be there working.

Abby. Beatiful as always. Loved her and carter's thing.

Frank in his 4th stuff was funny.

Luka and Sam they are so cute together. I can't wait to see what happens there.

I thought it was a good ep. Of course i think they are all good but i still think it was good. I can't wait for next weeks. the promo looked good.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Cosmo?! Well, that's just... sad. -shakes head-
Old 10-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Cosmo. What the HELL was up with that? Also, what the hell was up with Chuck's new 'do, and that breastfeeding deal? Creeped me out. I don't like Susan's new hair either, but I did like the tan. And Abby's tan. They all look really hot when they come back from hiatus looking all tan. Hee.

Abby and Ray are so going to do it. In the promo there was a shot of Ray hitching his scrub pants up while shirtless. That wasn't in the episode AT ALL. Hmm.

Neela has started to annoy me. Grow up. Shut up. She works at the gas station now? Please. I looove Neela, please don't ruin her, TPTB.

Still no Chen, WOO.

Elizabeth said she could get arrested for the HIV transplant. I know Alex Kingston is on her way out ... PrisonBitch!Elizabeth would rock SO MUCH.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:01 AM
Total Fan

WHY DOES RAY EXIST.

I liked Susan's hair...reminded me of her old hair, from like, back in the early ER days. Not the hair from when she first returned. OMG, that was scary.

Luka and his sunglasses, heeeee! I used to like Alex, but he's starting to annoy me. Alex, dude, you're a relatively bright child, let the dad thing go, buddy, that guy was an L-to-the-forehead LOOOSER.

Uncle Cracker...heh.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I diagnosed Howard before Abby did. I have never seen such an obvious OCD case, seriously. And he played it really well - I could so recognize the frustration when he didn't get to do this things his own way, ie being compulsive... he really did a good job, although might have seemed a bit to psycho. But on the other hand, who wouldn't be, in that situation.
Actually I just was wondering just how being a doctor and having OCD would work out, thanks for letting me know it doesn't

Comso was cute!! I can forgive Susan for the name, she was so Susan it almost hurt

Quote:
Neela has started to annoy me. Grow up. Shut up. She works at the gas station now? Please. I looove Neela, please don't ruin her, TPTB.
Ditto. I never got her major problem with being a doctor to being with.

Also, let's check who is more parental, Luka or Steve. Or maybe we don't have to....?

Abby was gorgeous.

I'm starting to like this show again

The world is not black-and-white. Nothing is simple.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

I have a tie for my two favorite lines from last night:

Abby: Are you a cat or the wind?
Bicycle courier: I'm like a cat IN the wind. I have nine lives. And I always land on my feet.

or

Luka: You're worse at this than at soccer.
Alex: Bite me, you Slav bastard.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I missed the eppy. Anyone have a pic of Susan and Cosmo? I want to see Susan's hair...
Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way. All these words I don't just say. And nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you. Every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view. And nothing else matters.Grissom/Sara
Old 10-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Well, first of all I loved Abby's top. Really cool. And I loved how she clashed with Ray. I don't like him for some reason.

It was good seeing Elizabeth though. I've never been a big fan of her, but it was nice seeing her get a little storyline.

And aww, Susan. The poor kid though. Cosmo?! Yuck. Anyway, I'm going to ignore the breastfeeding stuff from Chuck, 'cause that was just creepy.

Someone asked for caps though:

Old 10-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, Sus!

I happen to like her hair that way, but it should be more brown like in season 2 if she wants it that short...

Cosmo is adorable!
Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way. All these words I don't just say. And nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you. Every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view. And nothing else matters.Grissom/Sara
Old 10-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was very...meh. It seems like they crammed too much into one episode so that nothing was really developed. Obviously, this is the beginnings of Corday's exit arc and we saw what, 3 minutes of her?

Susan looked beautiful. Love her haircut. I could've done without the nipple shot of Chuck but to each his own. That whole scene seemed rather pointless, actually.

Ray? SOMUCHHATE. 'Nuff said.

Not enough Sam or Luka (sunglasses. yum.) though Alex got on my nerves. Obviously, I have to cut him some slack since he's so young and dysfunctional, but sometimes I just want to smack some sense into that mullet of his. Yo' daddy aint comin back, boy. Deal with it.

Is Abby going to get asked out by every male in the ER at one point? Give me a break. I hope she hooks up with Ray so I can hate on them together. Kill two birds with one stone.