Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EP DISCUSSION: "Time Of Death," 11.06 {November 11th, 2004}

From NBCMV:

Quote:
ER SHOT IN REAL TIME-- RAY LIOTTA GUEST STARS -- In a ground-breaking episode which traces the real-time events in the emergency room, Kovac (Goran Visjnic), Abby (Maura Tierney) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) try to save the life of Charlie Metcalf (guest star Ray Liotta), a man who comes in complaining of a stomach ache, but is later diagnosed with far, far worse. Mekhi Phifer and Shane West also star.
Promo pictures:

Charlie #1
Charlie #2
Charlie #3
Charlie & Sam
me too.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

I wonder what he has.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Going by ER's theme as of late? Probably cancer.
me too.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Extreme Fan

This ep doesnt actually sound that thrilling
Old 11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Ray Liotta's performance looks all kinds of fantastic in the promos NBC is airing every 3 minutes (well, that may be over-stating it... it's more every 4).

ER's lucky he wanted to do this gig.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Tonights Eppy was sooo good!! the best i've seen in a long time. I bawled my eyes out in the end. Ray Liotta's performance was riveting. The doctors performances were out of this world

The best part of the show was when charlie would go into his fantasy's. LIke the train station and the air port, and the bus and the boat. The funniest thing was Luka in the trucker hat sleeping on the bus. The most touching was the one in the end, when he was in the desert with bobby.

The best episode this season, b.c there was a lot less Abby (grrr...they should just get rid of her) and less Shane West ( love the guy, hate the doctor). What would have made this eppy better would have been Carter.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:23 AM
New Fan

Time of Death

I've had one friend tell me that he hasn't believed "ER" has been good for a couple of years. Then another friend doesn't even watch it any more.

I've never understood why, but I sure am sorry for their sake they didn't see this particular episode.

This episode was a clear example of how effective television can be at providing entertainment. This was drama at its very best.

Ray Liotta is going to win an Emmy for his performance. He was incredible. The entire cast was terrific.

"ER" still has it. I wish they'd do more episodes like this. It was very good. I read one of the reviews today and it compared it to a short film. I think that's accurate.

It was one of the best "ER" episodes ever.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

That was a great episode. I loved the fact that Pratt stopped being an ass and stayed w/the man until he died. I felt so sorry for the patient when his son said: "Nice knowing you." I don't think that was right. I understand his point of view but still would've thought he'd want to be there atleast to say: "Goodbye."

Old 11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Supreme Fan

I honestly can't go through a whole episode about ONE patient. That's a bit too much for my taste.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I usually don't post here but I watch ER all the time. I watched this episode last night. It was amazing. It proves that after all these years, this show's still got it. Ray Liotta was outstanding. I cried my eyes out at the end. The entire cast was great too. But I expect that Ray will win an Emmy for his performance. It was so moving and just outstanding.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I'll admit that I wasn't watching this episode with rapt attention. But I rarely watch any show without doing about 10 other things at once, so I don't really think that it was my multitasking. I didn't find this episode to be anything super spectacular.

Perhaps, I just love the glory days of ER, but I just didn't care about Ray Liotta's character. Yeah, he was going to die and yeah, his son hated him and yeah, he was in prison. So what? People die on ER all the time.

When Lucy died, that was sad because even though I didn't like her at the time, I knew something about her and that affected me. When someone like Romano could be kind and sweet as he tried to save her life, that got to me.

In "Of Past Regret and Future Fear," Carol comforts a man who will die after being serverely burned by chemicals and who wants to see his daughter, but the ex-wife won't let him. So, the part about Ray Liotta's son not coming I felt had already been done before.

I dunno. I appear to be in the minority, but I didn't see anything groundbreaking or pivotal about this episode. To quote Center Stage, "It felt like the same old ***** to me."

I liked the preview for next week though.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Total Fan

Other than a couple of people phoning it in (not mentioning any names, but I really think it's time for a few of these actors to leave the show. their compasion over the patient cases is starting to feel forced.) I really enjoyed this episode. Ray Liotta is way too cool for ER.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Crap. My tape ran out on me. Did his son come eventually after he called for the 2nd time? It cut off on me right when he said "he'll come." argghhh...
Old 11-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Unfortuantly, he did not.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- I love the music this season.

- Charlie's red eyes made me think of Luka when he had malaria.

- Daaaavid Zaaaabel. ::worships::

- I like the no-time-jumps thing. It's a rather neat idea.

- Of course Pratt knows someone who's been in jail. Wait... his father maybe? Because he did say he was absent.

- That tube looks kind of painful. Actually, VERY painful.

- I'm not usually squeamish, but when they cough blood? *That* gets me.

- What did Pratt say he doesn't do on Fridays?

- The best thing about the lack of time jumps? They don't skip personal things. I liked the conversation between Pratt and Luka, those two have a good dynamic between them, and it's good they got some things out in the open. The sucky thing is that they'd probably forget about it by the next episode.

- Abby makes a much cuter drunk than Charlie.

- I hate that term, "heroic measures". What's herioc about keeping alive someone who's brain dead?

- ADD? Something alcohol related, no?

- They all look like they're about to join Cahrlie and cry. Does Zabel have an addiction to depressing episodes? Hindsight, this one...

- Neat flashback, especially the part where he yells at his younger self.

- Okay, the flashbacks just went from neat to creepy.

- Luka in a baseball cup. I like.

- "I don't let it bother me." Right. Also, I am the queen of England.

- Pratt is... crying?! He's human?!

- I like the fact that both this one and the one before started and ended with the same song, it's a nice tie-up.

Overall? Damn amazing episode, and Ray Liotta totally made his part work. The episode creeper me out like I wasn't creeped out since Power, so yay to Zabel for that. I do hope it gets the high ratings it deserves.

Quote:
Originally posted by band_freak62
Tonights Eppy was sooo good!! the best i've seen in a long time.
Definitely. The writing, acting, filming... everything was simply perfect in this episode.

Quote:
What would have made this eppy better would have been Carter.
I actually thought this episode proved ER can't work very, very well in the absence of Carter/Noah.

Quote:
Originally posted by archie44

Ray Liotta is going to win an Emmy for his performance. He was incredible.
I hope he does win an Emmy, or at the very leats get nominated, because his work in this episode? Out of this world. He'd deifnitely in the top 3 guest stars on ER, right up there with the Bishop.

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious
I loved the fact that Pratt stopped being an ass and stayed w/the man until he died.
I loved that fact, too. Up to now, every time they tried to show Pratt has a soft side it seemed rather fake to me, but this time it was believable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Krissy_Babi
It proves that after all these years, this show's still got it.
ITA. While sometimes ER feels repetetive and even boring, they have those outstanding episodes once in a while that go way above the other shows airing now.

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jenn-
So what? People die on ER all the time.
Yeah, but usually they remain fairly faceless to us, we barely know anything, while this time we had about 42 minutes to know the character, its motives, how it affects others... more interesting than most deaths on ER, imo.
me too.

Last edited by Mely; 11-13-2004 at 05:56 AM