Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Extreme Fan

EP DISCUSSION: "Only Connect" 11.11 {January 20, 2005}

From NBC.com

Quote:
THE INTERNS MUST LEARN COMPASSION AND FOCUS BEFORE MORE MISTAKES ARE MADE - Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) assigns Kovac (Goran Visjnic) to teach the residents how to communicate more effectively with their patients in hopes of raising their patient satisfaction scores, which have plummeted. They are put to the test when two teenagers are brought to the ER with gun shot wounds. Kovac, Neela (Parminder Nagra) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) handle one patient while Lewis, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) and Ray (Shane West) deal with another. When a patient dies, Neela does a poor job of informing the deceased's grandmother, who becomes hysterical in the middle of the ER. A personal injury lawyer sets up a mobile office outside the ER, infuriating Lewis as he tries to turn dissatisfied patients into clients. Abby (Maura Tierney) returns to the ER, still dealing with the trauma of her abduction. Also starring Noah Wyle and Laura Innes.

| videos | journal |
Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, I'm not used to someone else starting this thread. *single!tear*

Yay for Luka in the main storyline, and yay for Abby!angst.
me too.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mely
Aw, I'm not used to someone else starting this thread. *single!tear*
Awww *wipes Noa's tear*

I have a feeling this episode will be less.. intense than last week. I hope they handle the aftermath of the kidnapping well.

| videos | journal |
Old 01-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It'sd hard to get more intense than last week But I think that while not intense, this episode will be interesting because of the angst Abby will go through, even stronger if the others don't know.
me too.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mely
But I think that while not intense, this episode will be interesting because of the angst Abby will go through, even stronger if the others don't know.
I'm looking forward to seeing Abby's reaction to having been abducted.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 01-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Oooh, I'm loving the way it sounds - hope they don't screw it up now! And yay for Susan realizing who should do the empathy teaching...

The world is not black-and-white. Nothing is simple.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Whoa, I'm the first one commenting about the show...? o_o;; So not used to that... Especially since it's really the first time I post again since... ...a while. ;;

The show was pretty good, I think. And, whooooa, ER has such a thing called continuity...? O_O ::shocked:: I felt for Neela, though; I was able to totally relate to how she was feeling. That whole 'I want to help' thing but not knowing how...

“Enjoy your honeymoon, I’m going to spend the night fighting with Sam.”
“::nods…:: Have fun with that.” Oh man… Poor Luka.

Heeeeee! Luka and Neela…? Aww…! Teehee, that was great. The whole ‘crushes’ talk, aww… I think I have a new OTP now.

Maura is awesome. That is all that is needed to say.

And, jeez…! @_@ I get some Luby!fic inspiration, and Abby and the other guy start flirting at the El tracks…? My inspiration went bye-bye.

Short 'review,' but I'm too tired to write more right now. :/ And I'll probably remember things later as others mention them, so...
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
“Enjoy your honeymoon, I’m going to spend the night fighting with Sam.”
OMG, he said that? Sounds very nice indeed

Hey hon, don't let the inspiration leave! Come over to the delusional luby thread instead

The world is not black-and-white. Nothing is simple.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

- Poor insomniac Abby. I wish that, when they focused on the books by her bed, we would've seen the one Dubenko gave her. [eta: nevermind. I'm blind.]

- Goood argument between Luka and Sam. I think I'm on Luka's side for now.

- Brooooown.

- Okay, on the fridge in Abby's apartment? There's a picture of Maura and, I'm assuming, Mekhi or Deezer D. It's from the 2003 Angel Awards, and I swear I'm not imagining.

- It was sad to see Neela walk out like that. Especialy paired up with Abby's sad/confused expression.

- What was it that Carter said about Croatia? Because is he's making fun of Luka again, that's just... wrong.

- Loved Susan's line that ended with "... and made their parents love them more"

- "Enjoy your honyemoon" scared me a little, but the line in general was nice

- Soooo, anyone else wants to slap Amy's brother, whose name I didn't bother to catch? He's a smartass like Alex, but in a very mean way.

- Susan slipping on the ice = Carter in TLYS.

- Jerry looks old all of a sudden.

- And this is where Sam's immaturity comes to play, contrasting with Luka's maturity. While she could've just said "can't, busy'" she answered him in a way that showed she's still annoyed, and has no plans to get along with him in this shift. Luka? Just doing his work, keeping his personal issues out of the workplace. Reason #494032 why I'm not sure what they are doing together.

- Okay, I know what ADHD is, but what's ODAD?

- "What colour were his eyes?" "I don't know, we weren't on a date." Luka has a point, though. Eye contact is so important and they all neglect it.

- "Wow, I find it SO distracting working with someone SO good looking." Arr, stupid line. Yes, he is good looking, but the line itself, the character that said it and the character she said it to... It doesn't make much sense to me.

- When L/S fight like this, I just know they will end up making up by the end of the episode, and not just because of the promo. It's just... something about the acting and writing, I guess - the same feeling I had when A/C fought in The Advocate.

- Morris missed Abby! It's two wuv!!

- You're seriously telling me that after all this time, Ray still can't intubate properly? I don't buy it.

- "Just because you all had a group hug this morning, do I have to listen to this touchy-feely crap all day?" "Yeah." Hee. ::Susan!Love::

- Aw, that smile Abby gave Luka, it was so pretty. And the hug with Chuny, aw! :OM::

- Ray and Neela... I give them five-six episodes until they won't only share a flat, but a bed too.

- Oh, so it's not completely brown yet. Too bad.

- Hee, I loved Abby's explantion of why she was "never better". And yay for not drinking!

- Awwwwwwwwwwwww to Neela and Luka. How could she *not* crush on him after this?

- Dubenko is scary.

- Maura, though? Not scary at all, but simply amazing. Abby's terror was very well presented.

- I can't tell if Jake is more amused or more hurt that Abby didn't recognize him.

- The way Jake stared at Abby when he said "the most beautiful place on earth" is SO cliche, but still go me. Because it's Jake, and he... yeah.

- So sweet, they are. ::sighs::

- ::hugs Jane::

- Oh I love the flirting, and the looks, and smiles... And did I mention that they are pretty?

- "... But whatever happened, you were right." I like that approach, though in this case I want Carter to fight with Wendell because she needs to go away.

- Okay, so the whole thing about connecting with people? Luka isn't helping Neela when he's talking to her while standing. Yeah, it seems minor, but it's more intimidating than comforting to have someone tower you like that.

- "And, by the way - are you nuts?" "Yes, yes I am."

- The Luka/Sam/Neela/Abby crushes scene made me giggle. And also, wonder who Abby had/has a crush on. Well, Luka and Carter, but I'm wondering if there are more. Like, um NEELA AND JAKE.

- "Still pulling that Croatian card?" Hee. Such a predictable scene. I'm getting more bored with L/S every episode. At least they have chemistry, though, it makes up for some of the bordem.

- So I guess it's no longer The Drug Lock Up of Love, but The El Tracks of Love? okay.
me too.

Last edited by Mely; 01-21-2005 at 11:11 AM
Old 01-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
- Maura, though? Not scary at all, but simply amazing. Abby's terror was very well presented.
The look on her right after the guy yelled "bi*ch", I could feel her fear. No sound effect/BGM needed to show it. She did it perfect.
Quote:
- Oh I love the flirting, and the looks, and smiles... And did I mention that they are pretty?
You did but not enough
From Worst Case Scenario by Californiagirl
Old 01-21-2005, 10:17 AM
New Fan

IIRC, the book Dubenko gave Abby WAS on her nightstand. It was right under the one where Only Connect comes from. Howard's End? I'm not sure about the name...
Old 01-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman
The look on her right after the guy yelled "bi*ch", I could feel her fear. No sound effect/BGM needed to show it. She did it perfect.

You did but not enough
Same here, you could just feel the fear in your own body by looking at her eyes, the way she was focused on him.

THEY'RE PRETTY. THEY'RE PRETTY. THEY'RE PRETTY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista914
IIRC, the book Dubenko gave Abby WAS on her nightstand. It was right under the one where Only Connect comes from. Howard's End? I'm not sure about the name...
I looked again, and you're right, it's the bottom book indeed Nice continuity, then. I wondered if she actually read it? I looked it up on Amazon, and the book does sound interesting, to me anyway.
me too.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Just a quick couple of notes about the episode, but I'll try to post more later.

-Why does Abby's apartment always seem so depressing? The lighting is so dark. I'm not sure if that's the look they're going for, but I've never seen it well-lit.
-Like Noa, I got my hopes up when I saw Maura's hair.. but then it turned out not to be completely brown. Next week!
-Jake and Abby! They made me giddy and get fan!girly! everytime I saw them on screen. The looks and flirty was just too cute. Love them.
-Is it just me or does Jake look/act like Paul Rudd (Mike on Friends)?
-Aww I love helpful Luka. Him and Neela are cute.. not in a couply-way but in a crush way.
-Maura... I could say this everyweek, but I'll just say it anyways... Maura rocks.

Overall, pretty good ep

| videos | journal |
Old 01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
New Fan

HEE! They ARE pretty! I'm a Carby but I could handle Jake and Abby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Lauren:.
Why does Abby's apartment always seem so depressing? The lighting is so dark. I'm not sure if that's the look they're going for, but I've never seen it well-lit.
Haha, yeah I was wondering the same thing. I mean, she had on a lamp, the shades were pulled up and it was STILL so dark!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Addicted Fan

One thing stuck out in my mind and it kept me giggling all night NEELA'S GOT A CRUSH ON LUKA NEELA'S GOT A CRUSH ON LUKA hehe. That and the thing with Spivac wonder why he wasnt askign for Mark?