Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2004, 06:09 AM
Supreme Fan

EP DISCUSSION: "Fear," 11.04 {October 21st, 2004}

From NBC.com

Quote:
FEAR

Two small children are rushed to the ER after falling from a third story window. The attending staff believes an abusive father is at fault for the tragedy but not all is as it seems initially. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) treats a man who believes he has an unsightly rash which turns out to be lung cancer. Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston) is disciplined by the hospital for performing an HIV+ organ transplant; instead of dismissing her, they offer her a non-tenure track position. Sam (Linda Cardellini) contemplates moving in with Kovac (Goran Visnjic). Neela (Parminder Nagra) decides to leave her job at the mini-mart after Lewis (Sherry Stringfield), the new Chief of Emergency Medicine, offers her a job at the hospital. TV-14
Old 10-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Not too much longer! I can't wait!
Never opened myself this way. Life is ours, we live it our way. All these words I don't just say. And nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in you. Every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view. And nothing else matters.Grissom/Sara
Old 10-22-2004, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen the show in a couple of weeks, but I don't really feel like I've missed anything.

I can't believe Ella's talking already! Seems like just yesterday that Mark bought the house for Elizabeth and she told him she was pregnant It's really too bad that Ella only knows Mark through pictures and not even though really.

Sherry looks great! But I guess I missed where Susan was offered being Chief. That was kinda abrupt for me.

Okay, back to the episode
Old 10-22-2004, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

wow, where do i start.

Abby with that little girl. She called her an angel. and she truely is one. i would like to have abby taking care of me. I kinda see something with abby and carter again i mean she does care. But carter does not seem to care for her that way anymore with kem but who knows maybe they will maybe they won't

Carter he is looking a little better than last week. at least he is doing something instead of sitting in a corner.

It was very sad how they both died and how there was really no one there. Man what a way to keep you interested. i wonder how it did in the ratings.

Elizabeth's story line was sad but you knew that was going to happen if you had seen any news. because they were telling us totally before the season started. She had a good point at the end mark is dead and most of her friends are gone. which is a sad thing. She will be missed. ooo and Ella how cute was she?

Sam and Luka was good. I won't fart in the kitchen that was funny. They are so cute together.

Susan was good. She kinda was a floater she would come into the scene and then leave. i think she only had like 15 or 20 lines which is not a lot. But she looked good.

Kerry was Kerry as normal. She seemed really happy about Elizabeth losing her Tenure which is a big thing.

that was a great ep.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

I feel like there's going to be some romance or something between Carter and that social work chick. Just the introduction is classic foreshadowing.

That little girl was so adorable calling Abby "Angel." ER actually made me feel when that little girl died. I don't know if it was the acting, the storyline, the mood I was in, but when they moved the crash cart away and the mom started screaming "No!" I just felt like crying. Then I was horrified when I saw what really happened to those little girls. Just heartbreaking!

Seems like Abby's having trouble letting go of the nurse part of her as she becomes a doc. I loved that Abby and Carter talked, if even for a few minutes. I really want them to have the friendship like they had before they dated.

I'm so excited that Neela is coming back to work at the ER!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Addicted Fan

It was an okay episode I just didnt like one thing about it the way they sent Elizabeth off. I mean they could of done a hell of a lot better not just say okay Alex you're leaving we're just gonna send you off no big story line or whatever just good bye ugh!

The whole thing with the kids was kinda predictable. But still very creepy yikes

Neela's back!! For those who saw that coming raise your hand *raises hand* sorry it maybe just the mood I was in when I was watching it but ER just doesnt get me all excited anymore

No ep next week oh well
Old 10-23-2004, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sad Elizabeth is leaving I wish she got a better send off. Ella was so cute and it's sad she only knows her dad through pictures.

I knew Neela would be back when that guy left but now I wanted that guy to stay so they could develop his story. I felt bad for him.

The story with the mom hallucinating was so scary. I got all teary eyed and the poor kids

I want Susan to have more scenes. Her farting in the kitchen line was funny
Old 10-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww, that ep was really sad. I was really hoping that the father was there and then when he wasn't and she made the kids jump.

I'm glad Neela is coming back to the ER. I love her!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 10-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was absolutely amazing. My emotions were on tenderhooks for the whole episode and when they showed the girls jumping I flinched. It was so horrific and tragic.
Elizabeth leaving to top it all off added another layer of sadness.

Everything about 'Fear' worked. The acting of the mother was phenonmenal and the children were great too.

Holy Sweet And Cuddly Pandas
We're not bad people Mac. Just under-acheivers making up for lost time. [Scotland PA]
Avi <<- FlyingHigh25
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh'sTexasGal
I'm glad Neela is coming back to the ER. I love her!!
Oh me too! And love how close Neela and Abby are -- I've really missed the gal pal aspect of the show
Old 10-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Only a week late, not too bad

- Damn scary teaser, scarier than it looked in spoilers.

- Ella. Talking. Noa. Melting.

- Abby's all, taking care of Howard. Cute, but he needs more help then that.

- Also? Abby should wear jeans more often. preeeety.

- Blah blah blah Kerry blah blah blah. They so ruined her.

- Of course Carter doesn't need the money, he needs the distraction and the sense that he's actually doing something, which movies and weekend trips don't give.

- I like Abby's current hair color. More honey, less blonde... always good. She may even be a brunette again before the season is over!

- Oy, the little girl asking Abby if she's an angel... tears in my eyes and stuff. I'm so easy.

- Love Deb's outfit. So shiny and pretty.

- I really like the fact that Abby decided to stay with the scared little girl. Of course, she keeps that up and she'll screw up her residency... but I still find it admirable.

- JERRY!

- With that kind of opening line, I have no choice but to love Wendell.

- She's also very pretty.

- I repeat what I said: Howard. Help. Soon.

- Hehe, loved what Susan told Sam about moving in, and Luka's facial reaction.

- What did Luka say he's not? I got jealous and crazy, but not the last one.

- Also, about Howard? I think it's more than OCD, maybe some type of anxiety disorder as well.

- Note the people in the room when Kaily {?} dies: Carter {lost a son}, Elizabeth {lost a husband}, Abby {abortion she regrets}... think we'll soon find out Howard and Wendell fit in there somehow, too?

- Only bored people like me notice, but episodes are about 2 minutes longer this season /dork

- Yay for A/C friendship scenes, especially now when both of them are more mature. I'm enjoying.

- God, what they found out about the family made the story even sadder than it was already :/ It must be terrible to know you're directly responsible to your kids dying.

- Abby looks so very pretty with her hair down.

- to Abby's description of Neela's current state of mind, and yay for Neela coming back.

- The place where Carter talked to Elizabeth... is it the same palce in which he and Ruth Johnson talked? Seemed the same but not completely.

- I'm sad to see Elizabeth going because I liked her in the old days, but it's for the best, as they really ruined her character, she kind of... lost her persoanily. Beautiful scene right there.

- "Tell them... it's been lovely." great way to end Elizabeth's era, I would say, with the most Elizabeth-ish word there is. I was disappointed that they didn't hug, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigB
I won't fart in the kitchen that was funny.
Hehe, so that was the third thing. Wait, his promise only extends to the kitchen? Sucks.

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jenn-
I loved that Abby and Carter talked, if even for a few minutes. I really want them to have the friendship like they had before they dated.
Same here. It's good to see that the relationship didn't screw up their friendship as it often happens.

Quote:
Originally posted by BehrItAll
I knew Neela would be back when that guy left but now I wanted that guy to stay so they could develop his story. I felt bad for him.
You can never know, he may still come back... can never have too many interns and all. On ER, anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by Pillow Book
when they showed the girls jumping I flinched.
And the scariest thing? Despite the hectic scene, the moment they jumped had a really peaceful feel to it.
me too.

Last edited by Mely; 10-29-2004 at 10:12 AM