Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

EP DISCUSSION: "ALONE IN A CROWD" 11.15 {Februrary 17, 2005}

From NBC.com

Quote:
IF A LONE TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST, DOES IT MAKE A SOUND? - CYNTHIA NIXON GUEST STARS -- When a young mother of three (guest star Cynthia Nixon, "Sex & the City") is brought into the ER with potentially fatal stroke-like symptoms, Kovac (Goran Visnjic) and Sam (Linda Cardellini) race against the odds to save her life. Knowing that a controversial surgical procedure is his wife's only shot at a full recovery, a husband must make the unenviable decision to risk her life in order to save it. Meanwhile, Neela (Parminder Nagra) and Ray (Shane West) discover a dark secret when three ostensibly neglected children show up in the ER. Elsewhere, Carter (Noah Wyle) finds himself in the midst of a love triangle when Wendall's (Madchen Amick) professions of love force him to either cut the ties in Africa or lose her. Laura Innes, Sherry Stringfield, Maura Tierney, Ming-Na, and Mekhi Phifer also star. TV-14
Sounds like Ming-Na will be back for a guest appearance.

How do you spell DYNASTY???
New England Patriots, Superbowl Winner XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX
Old 02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pictures:

I'm excited for Cynthia.
me too.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

I just hope they have better VO sound effects in the actual episode than what's been airing in the promo.

'Cause in it? It sounds like Cynthia Nixon! Under water!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Laura Innes, Sherry Stringfield, Maura Tierney, Ming-Na, and Mekhi Phifer also star. TV-14
Umm? I either need to catch up on my spoilers or that's just something they never took out? Wouldn't it say Ming Na returns? Or do I just need a nap?

Last edited by Super_Jas; 02-15-2005 at 12:52 AM Reason: because I'm so wacky from the fact Ming Na is in the thingy
Old 02-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, her name was not mentioned on the 11x13 and the 11x14 preview, so I guess she's really gonna be back for an episode

Old 02-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what they have planned with her. Maybe another storyline in which Pratt is supposed to grow up, but really doesn't?
me too.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mely
I wonder what they have planned with her. Maybe another storyline in which Pratt is supposed to grow up, but really doesn't?

WOW am I confused. That would be a reference to the girlfriend dumping him thing a few episodes back that made me even more confused? Oh, maybe something happens because of what happened when she left....

and maybe I need to be unconfused. Overall, looking forward to this ep. I'm going to jump ship really fast and compare it to the one with Ray Liotta. :-* Should be good.

oh! oh! Could it have something to do with Carter's storyline? Oh! oh! ?? I can hope!

Last edited by Super_Jas; 02-16-2005 at 11:37 AM Reason: edited because oh, light bulb moment!
Old 02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jas
Umm? I either need to catch up on my spoilers or that's just something they never took out? Wouldn't it say Ming Na returns? Or do I just need a nap?

Well my guide on my sattelite still has Alex Kingston in the cast mentions so maybe it is a typo, but if it isnt you can always go check out Ming's web site
Old 02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder what Cynthia Nixon is gonna be like. Did you guys see the NBC preview? I hope the camera work is a bit better in the episode, and I hope they don't focus entirely on her. With Ray Liotta it was okay, he's a great actor with many many credits, but Cynthia Nixon? SATC, right? I don't know, but I don't think this will be as good an episode as the average season 11 ones have been.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I think Cynthia's going to be great and it's really going to be an interesting way to see the episode. I'm surprised they've never tried this angle before, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've had that
Old 02-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

what "angle" do you mean? Like the way the patient sees it all? I don't know, but I'm not to fond of that idea. The NBC promo was not what I imagined, and so my expectations are pretty low.

Old 02-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Yep, that's the angle to which I am referring. We always see what the docs and nurses see, but I think it'll be interesting to see it from the patient's point of view. I also can't wait to see Cynthia do it all without speaking. Miranda was a very outspoken character, so this will be a nice change.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see Cynthia tonight! I haven't watched ER in a long time, but I'm gonna catch this episode.

SATC
Old 02-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had te patient's view in Piece of Mind, didn't we? Though that was quite limited... with Cynthia it's supposed to be better, her voice-over through the entire episode. I liked it when it was done with Luka, so hopefully they will make it work again. I'm certain Cynthia can pull it off.
me too.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mely
We had te patient's view in Piece of Mind, didn't we?
Ah, I never saw that one. I stopped watching for a while when Mark got sick and came back a couple of years ago. I guess I need to catch up on TNT