Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry about that teacher Ju. He sounds just awful! I hope writing to the parent school helps

Hope everything works out with seeing your friend Ainara

I've had a crappy weekend. I got fired Friday (on April Fools day of all days ). The worst part is, it was such a stupid reason to get fired. I have a piercing in my ear that I can't get out (it's called a rook piercing and I have the hoop not barbell and I've just never been able to get it out, I've had it for 6 or 7 years). Now I've worked at this company for almost a year and it has NEVER been a problem. Actually my boss told me I was allowed to keep in all my ear piercings. The only thing that I needed to remove was my nose ring. So that's what I've always done, but on Thursday my boss wasn't there and one of the other managers decided my ear piercings were a huge problem all of a sudden. I took out all the other ones, but like I said I can't get my rook out. I tried explaining this and offered to covered it with a bandaid (which we are supposed to be able to do). The other managers even led me to believe they were going to get me a bandaid to cover it with and then the next thing I know I'm getting sent home. My boss called me the next morning and told me the other manager wouldn't let me come back. When I asked my boss what I was supposed to do in that situation he wouldn't even give me an answer. & I asked him why he told me I was allowed to wear ear piercing if it wasn't true and why was I allowed to for nearly a year? He wouldn't answer that either. It's so frustrating because I feel like it's so stupid, especially when I kept offering to cover it. I never missed work, I was never late, I always followed the rules, etc. ugh. sorry for the long rant lol

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, Kate, so sorry
You got fired because of a ear piercing? And your boos, the one who told you is was not a problem to have it, didn´t say a thing to the other manager?
Seems that person had a really bad day and paid it with you
Old 04-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So sorry you have to work with someone like that. I've never had to deal with someone like that in a work setting, so I don't even know how I would react.
I don't work with him, he's my teacher at the professional school (I don't know what other name there is to this in English?) I go to at night. He's supposed to teach business law, but instead he chose to teach *******ry 101

Kate, I am SO sorry
Old 04-05-2016, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Kate, I don't know about the law there but here that is absolutely illegal and goes against all professional practices. I would be calling a meeting with HR so fast, the managers wouldn't know which way to look. Absolutely disgraceful for them to do that to you.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it okay to want a vacation after only two months of school/work?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:03 AM
New Fan

Hey guys, it's me - Andy again (I know , I am so uncreative in creating usernames )
How are you?
Sorry that I didn't post much during the last month. But my computer was infected with a virus, so I had to create a new profile because I tried to log in but it didn't work. Thank God the virus is gone now...
But I'm not sure what to do now. Should I shut down the other profile?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hey! Welcome back! Ju might know better than I about this, but if you PM a Moderator Manager then they should be able to help you access your old account.

Quote:
I have only been back at work for 2 days and am desperate for a trip somewhere, so I say YES.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Welcome back Andy!

Quote:
I'd say so

Quote:
Kate, I don't know about the law there but here that is absolutely illegal and goes against all professional practices. I would be calling a meeting with HR so fast, the managers wouldn't know which way to look. Absolutely disgraceful for them to do that to you.
I've been trying to find an e-mail address or something for HR but since I'm no longer with the company I don't have access to the website so I haven't had any luck in finding an e-mail address or phone number

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hello Andy

I would live in an only vacations world

So, you remember a friend of mine that I told you I wasn´t very confortable with, because I saw things I didn´t like, as, I knew she had some plan to do something and she never told me to go with her and her friends.... just wanted us to meet when she could. I used to write to her before weekend to see if she wanted to do something, and she only told me that she couldn´t. Nothing about, she was going somewhere, she was to go out with some friends,....
Well, she has been telling me for 3 weeks to see each other but I really didn´t feel like. The last time we saw each other was a month ago or so. We went to see monologues, I with the ticket of her boyfriend who couldn´t attend, and she didn´t told me a single word about her boyfriend. 3 months ago told me that she was seeing someone, I was happy for her, I asked where she met him and the name of the guy and that they started dating, I knew because of FB. We see each other that day and she didn´t tell me anything !!!

Yesterday I could not take it anymore and before continuing to avoid her, I decided to talk about it. Of course, she didn´t have an idea. She started telling me I was unfair, things have not been like I was ttelling her,... I continue telling that I felt lonely and sad, because she never told me to do anything with her friends, when she knew I had not plan because I was asking her If she wanted to do anything. She avoid that part. I clearly saw that she didn´t want to talk about those friends, she only told me that she wasn´t seeing them anymore. And at last, after all of that, we agree that when we are calm we are going to meet to talk about it.
I don´t know how I am going to react talking about this with her because she usually get defensive and I don´t want to argue with her. It´s a very rare and an unpleasant situation, in fact, right now I do not want to meet with her, I need more time.
I am gonna tell her, besides all of that, if she doesn´t trust me to talk to me about her things as I do with her, the friendship will not work.

Last edited by hathaross; 04-07-2016 at 04:53 AM
Old 04-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry to hear that, Ainara But, you know, sometimes we do have to move on from friendships. The great part about having a friend, to me, is that you can talk about anything, including the things you're not happy with. If dialogue isn't possible, then what's the point?
Old 04-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG, Kate, I'm so sorry to hear you got fired! And for such a stupid reason!! That makes me mad, sounds totally illegal.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ainara. I agree with Ju, you should be able to talk to one another, otherwise it's pretty damn hard.

I'm going to move to a new apartment in May. I've been looking for a new place the whole spring now, since my tenancy in my current one is ending. So, I got an offer for a two-room flat in a student residence. I'm really excited to move! It's so much bigger than my current one and the rent is only a little bit higher than in this one. The only downside is that it's pretty far from the Uni and inner city. My commute is going to be about 45 minutes. But I can live with that, since I'll have much more space. And the neigbourhood is good, there's lots of nature around. I'm really excited!!
Old 04-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, it is also a point I want to talk with her, that If we didn´t trust each other and be able to talk about everything afte rso many years being friends, the friendshp is not working.

That is great, Mirajami

I was about to book a trip to Florence with a classmate and just when we were going to pay for it, they called her to start working a month (she is also a nurse) ! Ouch ! 2 more minutes and trip booked. The universe is against me or something and doesn´t want me to travel
Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Friendships often hit natural breaking points and navigating through those points is one of the hardest things. :/
Old 04-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't even post yesterday cause my internet was dead Sorry, guys
Old 04-10-2016, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

I was at my cousin's 40th birthday party last night and spent most of the day getting things ready for it, hence why I couldn't post either.