Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Guys, how are you all?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Heeey all!!!!

Sorry that I haven't been here...again...I feel so bad for this...

well, I'm all in for school now. We get more and more to learn...yay but it's very interesting. Next week we have the first exam and I'm a little bit nervous already. We have to perform first aid and answer two questions about it sounds funny, right? everybody has to do first aid...yeah! But we got 25 questions to learn and we have to do everything right. I hope I can do this. Really hard to find the way back to sit down and learn stuff

Some days ago I saw Dallas Buyers Club with some friends from class. Now I undestand why Matthew and Jared got the Oscars!!!

Today my cousin's dog got bitten by another dog...she had to have surgery for over three hours and it's not even sure if she survives this night I feel so sad about that

Hope you're all okay. I'll try to come online more often, but I can't promise
Old 03-16-2014, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone! I was in Dublin this weekend seeing the long-awaited Veronica Mars movie. Happy to say that it ROCKED!!! I forget if any of you were fans of the TV series, or if you were even are that this fan-funded film was coming, but whether you were or were not, all that matters is I am a satisfied fanboy.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day but I have no plans. I booked a big London trip for the summer, and bought tickets to go see Kristin Chenoweth in the Royal Albert Hall while I am there, so my 'drinking money' is looooooooong-gone.

Sandy - so sorry to hear about your cousin's dog.

Hope the rest of you are doing well!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Sandy I miss you around here.

Hope you cousin´s dog is fine
First aid! Cool!! It´s very important, everyody should learn that. You´ll do great!! Sometimes is hard to remember what you have to do first, how many times.... With practice you will get it. I have never do it in real life... that moment has to be scary as hell, above all if it is a child...
Good luck on your exam

Quote:
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day
I want to go someday to Ireland to celebrate it. Has to be awesome!! I hope you at least enjoy the day

I have been feeling bad all the weekend, my throat hurts, the oral ulcer, belly pain... so this week I have to be ok!!!

Last edited by hathaross; 03-16-2014 at 05:00 PM
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I haven't been here much for the past few days and I'm so sorry for that, guys But it was a busy weekend, with my parents away and everything. I'll definitely be back full time during the week

Sis, good luck with your first exam!!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys! Just popping in quick before bed... trying to catch up a little on the board My laptop charger broke last week so I didn't have a way onto the board until today when I got a new one.

Sorry about the dog Sandy

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you guys celebrate St.Patrick's Day? How? What exactly does it mean to you?

I'm asking because even though we don't celebrate it in my country, we're going to somewhat celebrate it at work. We're not gonna drink or anything, we're just gonna wear green stuff and do activities related to the holiday.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

It is a big deal here, and we all get the day off from work/school, but honestly it is just an excuse to get drunk. In Belfast, there is a quick parade past City Hall and there is a free outdoor concert, but other than that everyone is wearing green and puking in the streets.

This is actually the first year I am staying in on St. Paddy's Day. Mum is cooking homemade stew, so I intend on devouring that, having a few Bailey's, and catching up on Banshee Season 2.

SLÁINTE!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ What does that mean?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Irish/Gaelic for "Cheers"
Old 03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhhhhhh I see.

I'm getting to the point of feeling extremely anxious before going into that stupid class. Can I make them all disappear at least ONE of these days??
Old 03-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Total Fan

Hope everyone had a great St Paddy's day! Also, I hope it's O.K for me to write this here, but I've made a thread for SALEm to hopefully get a board on here, so if anyone wants to sign it, would be greatly appreciated

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/salem-ca...itch-63118666/
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My day started GREAT. An adult student complained about me, and apparently some others too, from that same group - though I don't know who "others" are, so I'm not really counting them.

You know, I don't mind it when students complain about a teacher, as long as they have reason to do so. For example, those teens I was talking about. I'm strict with them, I get mad at them, I tell them off constantly. If they get fed up by that and complain, I can understand, even if I don't agree. Because at least I can see where our relationship is having issues and I can try to work on them.

However, this stupid girl - and I see no other word to describe her right now - asked me a question in class. She didn't get an answer for an exercise, and she asked a question. I didn't understand her question, so I asked "Sorry?". Did she repeat her question? No, she looked down and said to herself "I just wanted to kow it, damn it.", not looking at me, just talking to herself. So I didn't even ask her to repeat again, because she was already mad. And it's her problem, anyway, she's an adult, she has her own reasons to be mad at the world and she could very well just ask the person next to her what the answer to the exercise was, right?

No, not right. The correct response to this stupid situation I just described is go to the coordinator and complain about the RUDE teacher who REFUSES to repeat explanations, or does so in a RUDE way, which is causing EVERYONE to be scared of asking questions.

Of course the coordinator knows what students are like and how to talk to them in situations like this. But still I have to hear, oh Jussara you gotta take care of how you speak to them, your tone of voice, your bla bla bla. I don't know if it's just me but, I've always taken classes my classes for ME, not for the teacher. Therefore, I was completely capable of not liking a teacher's tone AND carrying on with my studies AT THE SAME TIME, without having to go cry at the coordinator's office.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ju maybe you can prove talking to them differentliy for a couple of weeks and see if they continue complaining about your way of teaching. I don´t know, maybe they don´t get your tone with the english and think other things as that girl.

These days seems like spring - summer is already here!! I love this weather.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Just stopping by to say hi Ju!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh