Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Doctors' Lounge (OT) #335: There should've been a clever title here, but Stephen hadn't had breakfast yet.

Carry on
Old 02-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Great title

How is everyone?

I had a scare with my papa (grandpa), he got admitted to the hospital Wednesday. They thought he might have had a stroke but all the tests came back negative, so they're not really sure what happened with him. But he was cleared to go home today, I know he's happy to be sleeping in his own bed tonight

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Omg Kate! I'm glad he's back home, hope he's feeling better
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

Sending good vibes to your grandpa, Kate. My Dad had what they thought was a mini-stroke 7 years ago, but by the time the doctors were able to scan him, any clot that might have been there was long since gone, so they were never able to diagnose him for sure.

Ju Great title.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you guys liked it
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks guys I'm going to go visit him again on Thursday Luckily my aunt was able to fly into town and has been staying with him so he's not home alone.

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to hear that Kate

Ugh, one dancing lesson I missed and I'm already all sore after going back today
Old 02-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

That's good, Kate. Glad he's not alone.

I went to see Dallas Buyers Club last night. Anyone seen it yet? As a 'biopic' it was pretty conventional, but I thought the performances were incredible. Before I saw it, I had written off McConaughey's and Leto's Oscar buzz because I couldn't imagine them being THAT good… but holy hell, they were THAT good!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't heard of it, I think
Old 02-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
That's good, Kate. Glad he's not alone.

I went to see Dallas Buyers Club last night. Anyone seen it yet? As a 'biopic' it was pretty conventional, but I thought the performances were incredible. Before I saw it, I had written off McConaughey's and Leto's Oscar buzz because I couldn't imagine them being THAT good… but holy hell, they were THAT good!
Right? He's always had these romantic comedy roles and that's pretty much just all there was to him, but lately he's done some amazing roles. He was SO good in DBC, and he's also just awesome in True Detective. He might have a real good shot at the Oscar. I'm pullin' for Leo, but I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew got it.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

My friend and I were saying the same things. We are both Leo fans and would love to see him win this year, but if we're comparing performances (which I *hate* doing), Matthew's is the one that most affected me.

Quote:
I haven't heard of it, I think
If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend doing so. Jennifer Garner is in it, as is Dallas Roberts (Alicia's brother on TGW) and the guy who played Phoebe's-day-but-not-gay ice dancer husband on Friends.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
My friend and I were saying the same things. We are both Leo fans and would love to see him win this year, but if we're comparing performances (which I *hate* doing), Matthew's is the one that most affected me.
I hate when people say "this and this should get an Oscar this year, it's time" just because they've been overlooked in the past and not based on the role they're nominated for this year.. But seriously, Leo deserves one. He has had so many amazing roles, so many gracious, bitter losses. And his performance in Wolf really WAS amazing, but y'all know how it is, Best Actor usually goes to a typical emotional, hard role like Matthew's or Chiwetel Ejiofor's in 12 Years A Slave.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I haven't seen any of the performances, so I can't compare anything I usually hate to think an Oscar should go to an actor just because he was overlooked before, but...it's Leo
Old 02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Awww...new thread and a perfect title

Sorry I haven't been here again I call it the "pre-school-stress". So much to do in the apartment and organisation and so on.

Kate, I hope your grandpa is better!!!

The Oscars...well, I think I'll watch some of it this year because P!nk is performing and I haven't seen any movies you talked about above yet, so I can't say who should get the Oscar or not...
Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanna watch to see Idina sing Let It Go