Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

The Doctors' Lounge (OT) #321: The Land of Permanently Stressed-Out Fangirls (and Fanboy)

I read another book today, this one for my Contemporary American Fiction class. It's called 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' and is told from the POV of a Pakistani man who moved to the U.S. for college and landed a job in New York City. Once 9/11 happened, he underwent a huge shift in his life priorities, and the book really explores his ideas of nationhood, identity, discrimination and the American Dream. Phenomenal stuff.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!!!!

Ju, I quite understand. I hurt my pretty every month. When I was in high school, had to go home in pain, even vomited... once I almost fainted because I could not stand the pain....
now is not so painful, but still hurts.

I have nosebleeds since I was less than a year old so.. I know what it is like.

Sandy - Sure you´ll have a very great time, you´re very excited
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT! Love the title!

Wow, Stephen, that book sounds very interesting!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I never had PMS that hard, I'm sorry to hear that Ainara And yes, I'm very excited

And wow, that books sounds really interesting, Stephen! I'm wonderin when I have time to read a new book!

Oh and TFTNT, btw Great title
Old 03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like that title will always be relevant.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Total Fan

love the title
Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey bbs, thanks for the love and hugs And your title made me laugh Stephen, SO appropriate

Quote:
Ju, I quite understand. I hurt my pretty every month. When I was in high school, had to go home in pain, even vomited... once I almost fainted because I could not stand the pain....
now is not so painful, but still hurts
Aw Ainara, I'm so sorry Have you ever taken anything to help with the pain? I know some women sometimes take treatments to stop menstruating altogether, even

I've never had much pain or physical symptoms, my main problem is what it does to my mood, I get extremely depressed, like this is the week where I should NOT be allowed to make any decisions, because I just can't see beyond sadness, I feel completely worthless and drained, it's awful Then as soon as I get my period, I'm good again as if nothing happened and I never felt this way. It's pretty crazy, really

Sis, I hope you have fun on your trip I need to buy my tickets to São Paulo, me and mom are going this weekend, can't believe it's here already

And I hope you're feeling better now Mirjami
Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey bbs, thanks for the love and hugs And your title made me laugh Stephen, SO appropriate

Quote:
now is not so painful, but still hurts
Aw Ainara, I'm so sorry Have you ever taken anything to help with the pain? I know some women sometimes take treatments to stop menstruating altogether, even

I've never had much pain or physical symptoms, my main problem is what it does to my mood, I get extremely depressed, like this is the week where I should NOT be allowed to make any decisions, because I just can't see beyond sadness, I feel completely worthless and drained, it's awful Then as soon as I get my period, I'm good again as if nothing happened and I never felt this way. It's pretty crazy, really

Sis, I hope you have fun on your trip I need to buy my tickets to São Paulo, me and mom are going this weekend, can't believe it's here already

And I hope you're feeling better now Mirjami
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt, Stephen. I don't do stressed out fangirl anymore. I like to take the calm approach.

That sounds awful, Ainara. Mine are painful but I have pain killers that work most of the time.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't do stressed out fangirl anymore. I like to take the calm approach.
Hopefully we all can follow your lead.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

I'm more of a "lazy, slacker fangirl, unless it's fangirling."

Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
Hopefully we all can follow your lead.
It's so much more easier just to sit back and enjoy a show instead of wondering if your ships going to get ruined in that episode.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like such a guy because I worry about things like whether the director is going to do an interesting job. Maybe it would be easier to focus on couples.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't do stressed out fangirl anymore. I like to take the calm approach
Well you do know that the title doesn't really have anything to do with fandom life, don't you?

Quote:
I feel like such a guy because I worry about things like whether the director is going to do an interesting job. Maybe it would be easier to focus on couples
The couple is within a story. I worry that the story is well told and played. Getting them together the right way at the right point IS good storytelling, an it IS the director's job, plus the actors' and everybody else's to make sure it's interesting. So if a relationship is a big part of the story that a show is telling, as is the case of many sows like HIMYM, Castle, etc, getting together or not is a lot less silly than it might sound to a non-fangirl/boy, imo.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, I take ibuprofen. But I have to have careful and take also a stomach protector because it can hurt you your stomach.