Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Doctors' Lounge (OT) #320: What have you been reading lately? =)

Carry on
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks TFTNT

I hadn´t noticed, sorry..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT.

The weekend is over again. Looooong week ahead!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't waaaaaaait for this week to fly by, omg, if it wasn't for Castle tomorrow I'd wish for it to be Friday so I could be in Belo Horizonte already, it's the first time I spend carnaval in another city SO exciteeeeeed
Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt! I didn't notice we were over 300 posts either.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT!

For me the week isn't so long. Only three days of lectures, then it's just self-studying. And today my first lecture was canceled, yay!

I want to find a new book to read. It's been a while since I read a novel. I'll have to make a trip to the library.

And Ainara, what you said in the previous thread about the mistakes in ER - my friend's sister is a doctor and she told me that she always laughs about all the mistakes in ER. I guess it's better not to know about those things...
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhhh, Adele just STOLE the Grammys. So proud of her. But of course, Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney was beautiful:

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

OMG Adele was FLAWLESS. Jennifer Hudson's tribute was also amazing.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Wow, new thread, I hat to read four pages now!

I was in Vienna this weekend, spent two great days with my best friend it was great! But then I heard the news about Whitney and I got all sad I mean, I wasn't a big fan of her music, but I sort of grew up with her music and "I wanna dance with somebody" was one of my favorite songs to dance to in Zumba May she RIP!

I was so happy for Adele and her wins! She's so awesome!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you at least had a nice time in Vienna. Whitney's death is still very surreal for me. It was the first thing any of my classmates mentioned this afternoon.

Adele was flawless.

I'm sad that Amy Winehouse didn't get any sort of tribute at the Grammys. Whitney had Jennifer, Etta had Alicia & Bonnie, but all Amy got was a brief feature in the 'In Memoriam' reel. I thought with Adele there it would have been the perfect opportunity to have Amy honoured, especially since Amy helped paved the way for Adele with "Back to Black"'s revival of soul music in mainstream British music.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Oooooh, Vienna. I've always wanted to go there! Maybe some day I will. Glad you had a nice time!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah for ADELE!!!

Beautiful performance of Jennifer Hudson

Glad you had a great time in Vienna!!! I want to go some day too. A cousin was there a couple of years ago and she loved it!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Mirjami and Ainara, you really should come one day. It's a beautiful city and sometimes I miss living there! When you come, tell me, so we can meet

Stephen, I thought about that too, it's really sad that Amy didn't get anything!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sad that Amy Winehouse didn't get any sort of tribute at the Grammys. Whitney had Jennifer, Etta had Alicia & Bonnie, but all Amy got was a brief feature in the 'In Memoriam' reel. I thought with Adele there it would have been the perfect opportunity to have Amy honoured, especially since Amy helped paved the way for Adele with "Back to Black"'s revival of soul music in mainstream British music.
If it were the Brit Awards, I think she would have gotten one. While she has a great influence in current British music, the Grammys are basically an American show.

Glad you had a great time in Vienna, Sandy.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but she won 6 Grammys and even won a posthumous one that evening, so I really expected them to do something.

I'd love to see something at the Brits. We'll see!