Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

The Doctors' Lounge (OT) #308: Hopefully we're not too busy eating Easter eggs to chat!

Take it away.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We have some Cougar Town fans here, right? The cast/writers mentioned a phone number in Monday night's episode and fans can now call for a chance to speak to one of the actors or the head writer. I keep trying, but no luck so far!
YESSSSS CT fan here!!!!!!!!! Haven't watched it in ages also, I really need to catch up with my comedies, I miss them all

That is SO cool Stephen, who would you most like to talk to??

And I just have to post this video, I'm kind of addicted to it right now:

Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Love that video.

I know Stephen is a HUGE Pink fan, so he'll definitely love that.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Pink too, I SO wannna see her live when I have the chance

Here, another fanvid with Pink music, for you Sam, see if you get more interested in Fringe

Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

My computer if fixed! Something was wrong with windows.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Speaking of Pink, i came across an amazing fan vid a while ago set to "Perfect". It featured Abby/Lorelai/some other character. It was really good.

CT is awesome, who are peoples favorite characters?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

We're talking about Cougar Town and Pink. Let's never stop!

Okay, so that Cougar Town/Psych/Community video was fantastic.

Quote:
That is SO cool Stephen, who would you most like to talk to??
Well I got to talk to Bobby!!!! TWICE!!! I had to call like a million times but I finally got through - then we got cut off. So I called back another million times and finally got through again. He was so excited to hear that I'm in Ireland and that Cougar Town is so popular here. Then he gave me a secret code to get a free Penny Can. I recorded the whole thing because I called on Skype. Gonna try again later because other cast members like Courteney (Jules) and Busy (Laurie) will have it.

Quote:
I love Pink too, I SO wannna see her live when I have the chance
I hope you can! I have seen her live 3 times and I would happy see her another 30 times. She is phenomenal live.

Quote:
Here, another fanvid with Pink music, for you Sam, see if you get more interested in Fringe
I love that the song is Whatya Want From Me! She never released it because she gave it to Adam Lambert, but then she put it out on her greatest hits CD. It's great.

Quote:
Speaking of Pink, i came across an amazing fan vid a while ago set to "Perfect". It featured Abby/Lorelai/some other character. It was really good.
Oh cool, I'll go look for that.

Quote:
CT is awesome, who are peoples favorite characters?
All of them! I think the cast is flawless. Andy and Bobby probably make me laugh the most though.

Quote:
My computer if fixed! Something was wrong with windows.
Glad to hear it, Lise. I feel about windows the way Sam and Ju feel about Carby.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

I haven't really watch CT yet. Was meant to, but I have SO many shows to watch.

Speaking of shows, I rewatched some episodes of The Nanny yesterday. Still funny even after countless rewatches....and Niles/CC is just .

...and sorry Mac lovers, but never really liked Mac. WAY too expensive and too restricting for my needs.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you can see it. It has the worst title because it stopped being about a "cougar" very early into the first season. It morphed into a quirky comedy about a dysfunctional group and is absolutely flying creatively.

Sorry you don't like Macs! We all have to go with the one that suits our needs. I went with a Mac because I had spent 15 years of going from one Windows computer to another, spending money getting things fixed and buying anti-virus software. The universe was clearly telling me, "Not for you, Stephen". Obviously it took a very long time for me to save money to buy a Mac, but it has turned out to be the best investment I ever made when I think of how much money I collectively spent on Windows computers.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

The only time I'll most likely get a Mac is if it was given to me for free. I used to play a lot of games so a Mac is NOT an option. Although the OS and the devices themselves are pretty, no doubt (and I don't mind getting an iPhone or an iPod Touch myself), it's just not really suited for my use, abuse, and overuse.. Unlike yours, though, the computers at home last pretty long (like the one that got swept away by the floods two years ago has been running for seven years).

Last edited by Snarky Susan; 04-21-2011 at 08:44 AM
Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

When buying computers/phones its always best to get something which can deal with your own life. Like i am terrible for dropping things so for me i need a cheapish phone/ mp3 that can withstand use by me .

I think the world is out to get me, today when i was in town i saw S13 and S14 each for only 12 euro!.

Now i know you can easily watch ER eps online but i like having the Dvds so that i can fastforward to my favorite scenes with ease. I'm totally one of those people that will only half watch an ep just so i can see Abby.

Oh and last night i got into an argument over abby with a friend at a bar. We were chatting about ER. I asked my friend who was her favorite character, she said Kovac. So i said i wish i was abby. Then she was pointing out Abby's flaws. Yet Abby is not flawed because of her flaws but strong for overcoming them .

Hope that everyone is well on this fine sunny April Day .
Old 04-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

If I could afford the ER DVDs, I would buy them as well. Instead, I am forced to *cough* them due to my sheer brokeness. I can't afford to spend 15000 Philippine Pesos on the DVDs. That's like a new phone already.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

The price differences in our countries just boggles me.

Got through to Andy from Cougar Town on the phone! Such a nice guy. We had a great little chat. I'm gonna get to you, Courteney Cox!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

The 15000 pesos is for ALL the seasons, BTW. One season is a thousand pesos. Around the same price as the DVDs in the US, but still beyond my reach.

Imagine if ER did the same thing with the phone call...during the George Clooney era.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Haha, yeah you need to be good for Santa.

Oh man, the world may have imploded. The producer said the phone has not stopped ringing for days - and this is for a show with an audience of 7 million. ER in its heyday?