Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Animal Crackers(Doug♥Carol) #4:Because a Decade Later and They're Strong=Soulmates

"I'm still in love with him. I am. I've been in love with him since I was 23 years old.
He's - he's everything to me. He's my life. I feel complete when I'm with him and I feel
empty when we're apart. He - he's the father of my children, and he's my soulmate."

Thanks to krisg for donating the banner!

Thanks to Kiara99 for donating the screencaps!

DC Fans
01. tidbit2008
02. _virgo_
03. Lindsay
04. LukaAbbyLover
05. valeposh
06. anonymous1
07. jacky7.7
09. dancer150
10. DaveAbbyLuver
11. irishghost
12. antisocial
13. Michelle Dessler
14. I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry
15. Rossignol
16. JDZachfan
17. kellie335
18. lies and lullabies
19. R2Roswell
20. Julchen83
21. Caris_leogirl
22. Edith78
23. ~Unfaithful~
24. Libra
25. bbroccs

DC Sites
Taking You Home: DC Fanlisting
Sights & Sounds(tons of pics of them together & apart)
Doug & Carol: Going Home
ER Screenshots(has a very small gallery of DC S4 caps)
Striped Wall: ER Gallery(Caps from every episode of S1-3)

DC Clips
1x04 Hit & Run
1x07 Another Perfect Day 1
1x07 Another Perfect Day 2
1x07 Another Perfect Day 3
2x06 Days Like These
2x14 The Right Thing
3x21 Make A Wish 1
3x21 Make A Wish 2
3x21 Make A Wish 3
3x21 Make A Wish 4
3x21 Make A Wish 5
3x22 One More For The Road
4x01 Ambush
4x02 Something New 1
4x02 Something New 2
4x03 Friendly Fire 1
4x03 Friendly Fire 2
4x03 Friendly Fire 3
4x03 Friendly Fire 4
4x04 When the Bough Breaks
4x05 Good Touch Bad Touch
4x06 Ground Zero
4x07 Fathers and Sons
5x15 The Storm pt 1
5x15 The Stom pt 2
6x21 Such Sweet Sorrow 1 (Carol/Luka)
6x21 Such Sweet Sorrow 2

Thanks to .:Lauren:. and LukaAbbyLover for donating the clips!

Icon Love

If you wish to use any of the above DC icons, credit tidbit2008 or Avery.

Previous Threads
Doug/Carol Appreciation #1: Because They're Missed
Animal Crackers (Doug/Carol) Appreciation #2: Because they *are* soulmates
Animal Crackers (Doug♥Carol) #3: Because not even 2,052 miles could keep them apart

We love Doug & Carol...
01. Because for Doug, Carol is the perfect love like in 'Sleepless in Seattle'.
02. Because Carol's loved Doug since she was 23.
03. Because she's his soulmate.
04. Because he 'dreams of the taste of her neck and the smell of her hair on his pillow'.
05. Because Doug got to come inside.
06. Because she went to Seattle for him.
07. Because he got her animal crackers for her birthday.
08. Because the twins' last name is Ross, not Hathaway.
09. Because they never stopped loving each other.
10. Because he was the only one who didn't think she was crazy when she wanted to adopt Tatiana.
11. Because even Tag knew they should be together.
12. Because the ER wasn't surprised when they got together.
13. Because she left Luka for Doug.
14. Because he wrote her a love letter from California.
15. Because even if he didn't ask her, she followed him in California for his dad's funeral 'cause she knew he needed her.
16. Because he is there next morning (4x02).
17. Because he wants his own drawer (4x02).
18. Because he'd do anything for her (4x05).
19. Because George came back to ER even with a strong movie career because he knew that Doug and Carol belong together.
20. Because we can see it in Carol's eyes when she's with Doug; she's happy, and it's real.
21. Because her confession of love about Doug was always there, she just had to realize it.
22. Because they make each other smile.
23. Because he thought about her all the time.
24. Because he was willing to change for her.
25. Because the whole ER knew they belonged together.
26. Because he comforted her after Tag left her at the altar.
27. Because they kept sharing "looks" at the reception.
28. Because she was worried about him when they weren't going to renew his fellowship.
29. Because he makes her laugh.
30. Because he was the first to know she was thinking about going to medical school.
31. Because he helped her study for her physics exam.
32. Because they celebrated when she did well.
33. Because he was the "surprise guest" and she didn't mind(too much lol).
34. Because he missed her when she was suspended.
35. Because he was worried when they found out she was one of the hostages.
36. Because he thought she was good enough to be a doctor.
37. Because she can get through his door.
38. Because he remembered her birthday.
39. Because he helped with her surprise party.
40. Because they even had a shot of them talking to each other in the opening.
41. Because he offered to take her out for her birthday.
42. Because they sang to one of the patients together.
43. Because he wanted her to have a nice birthday.
44. Because he put her down as a character reference when he was applying to be a "Big Brother."
45. Because he watches her when she walks away.
46. Because she knew what.
47. Because that kiss was HOT (3x22).
48. Because George and Julianna had amazing chemistry.
49. Because he wants to marry her.
50. Because he wants to know her ring size.
51. Because he bought her a ring.
52. Because Doug asked Carol's mom for Carol's hand in marriage.
53. Because he can run but he cannot hide.
54. Because "she's the longest female relationship he's ever had."
55. Because after all these years Julianna and George are still good friends.
56. Because he thinks about her all the time.
57. Because not even 2,052 miles could keep them apart.
58. Because they still love Seattle
59. Because Tess and Kate are in 3rd grade

Credit for our lovely couple name "Animal Crackers," goes to Ash aka DaveAbbyLuver

icon: likeability

Last edited by DaveAbbyLuver; 04-02-2008 at 05:36 PM
Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

New Thread

And I feel so special right now

Old 01-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Added.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I miss these guys, I'm feeling very nostalgic.

Is it wierd that I cry everytime Iwatch Carol's last scene b/c that's the last time we'll ever see them

Old 01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

I was so excited about Status Quo for the simple fact of knowing we'd see Jeanie again. But I had no idea the Doug/Carol mention was coming and I was beaming as soon as Haleh said that "they're still loving Seattle" and that Doug had recently sent a photo of the twins. After Haleh's (or was it Conni's?) mention in Never Say Never that they hadn't seen Carol since she left, I was afraid we'd never get an update on her and Doug. Knowing that after all these years, they're still living happily ever after is a great payoff.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the thread title!

And yeah, I was surprised with that DC mention too. Right when Jeanie had asked how some of the originals were doing I did hope they would get mentioned but I didn't want to hold my expectations too high. I was gleaming with joy when that little announcement came forward.

It's great to see that the writer's haven't messed with them. And this might sound weird but now that Julianna is pregnant in real life, I would like to believe that Carol and Doug are expecting another child on the way too.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And this might sound weird but now that Julianna is pregnant in real life, I would like to believe that Carol and Doug are expecting another child on the way too.
Yeah, that'd be nice.

It is amazing though that we haven't seen Doug or Carol for almost 8 years and yet John Wells still has enough investment in them to say, "Their happy ending wasn't just for May sweeps." I bet Julianna would be happy to hear the reference in Thursday's episode after she repeatedly said Doug and Carol belonged together.

You know, when Haleh said she should have the old gang over for dinner at house, I thought, "THAT'S what the final episode should be!" I know it could never happen for various reasons, but how crazy would it be to see Doug, Carol, Carter, Benton, Susan, Jeanie, Kerry, Haleh, Lydia, Chuny, Malik and Gerry all together one last time? Man, you couldn't ask for a better series finale.

Hmm... someone should write a fanfic. *Hint*
Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
how crazy would it be to see Doug, Carol, Carter, Benton, Susan, Jeanie, Kerry, Haleh, Lydia, Chuny, Malik and Gerry all together one last time? Man, you couldn't ask for a better series finale.
This is how I want the finale to be...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I teared up very badly when I heard the news that they were happy. I think it is that the writers/creaters wanted to let us all know that they were happy, b/c the show is ending and they want us to be content with these other characters who we most probably are not going to see again.

I'm really tearing up now

Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
those

Quote:
how crazy would it be to see Doug, Carol, Carter, Benton, Susan, Jeanie, Kerry, Haleh, Lydia, Chuny, Malik and Gerry all together one last time? Man, you couldn't ask for a better series finale.
that would be amazing

i was so happy that doug & carol got mentioned i'm glad jeannie came back for an episode too
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

You guys have probably read this before but I was browsing through Sights and Sounds again and I felt like posting this.

Quote:
After spending five years working next to George Clooney, Julianna Margulies doesn't need any time to consider how he reached icon status. "He's sexy, talented and gorgeous - that's what did it," she says candidly. That also did it for her character, Nurse Hathaway, fuelling her affair with Dr. Heart-throb, Doug Ross.
It's hard to believe the chemistry between them didn't spill over into real life. "We never ruined the relationship by confusing our work and personal lives," she says, not exactly denying attraction. (She once said, "It's almost scary how natural kissing is for us.") "It's rare to find someone you get on with so well. He was my best friend on the show for five years. George could finish my sentences for me." But TV's hottest romance is bound for turbulent times. Both Margulies and Clooney are set to exit ER - not together, though. The remainder of the fifth series on Channel 4 sees Dr. Ross leave Chicago without Nurse Hathaway. She then finds out she's pregnant and ER bosses are keen to get George back for a special episode in which he discovers his impending fatherhood.
The departure of Clooney was an emotional one. "We were shooting our last scene together and I was supposed to cry. The camera wasn't even on him, but when I looked up I saw tears in his eyes. I lost it. We all cried. As George said, 'We'll never have this again.'"
Quote:
Julianna Margulies was promoting "Canterbury's Law," her midseason drama for Fox. But she dangled an interesting prospect: reteaming with "ER" co-star George Clooney in a movie.

"We've been talking about that from the day we left 'ER,' " Margulies told TV critics Monday. "I trust him. He's going to find something. Hopefully, he'll direct it, and we'll do something funny together."

Ah, what wonderful memories of all that "ER" passion. That chemistry would sell a lot of tickets.

So it will be a comedy?

"I don't know," Margulies said. "I just say 'funny' because when I think of George, I laugh."
Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
"We were shooting our last scene together and I was supposed to cry. The camera wasn't even on him, but when I looked up I saw tears in his eyes. I lost it. We all cried. As George said, 'We'll never have this again.'"
Awww. That's so sweet.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know when the list was mentioned about Halei getting the old group together I was gonna say you forgot Mark but then I forgot he died on the show . Sometimes I still have trouble fathoming that.

Watched "Such Sweet Sorrow" this morning! Always it brings such a huge grin to my face. To see Carol helping out with that family (which, I wonder how they are by the way. Did the dad ever re-marry? How are the kids doing without their mother?)

Then to see Carol just drop everything and leave. I really would have liked to have had a scene with Carol and Weaver since Weaver had been close to Carol (despite Doug not liking her).

And then the ending when she and Doug reunite- classic!!! Even though that episode is about 8 years old now, it still never gets any better. Or maybe it could if we could have maybe a DC-centric episode. You know how they do focus episodes with Carter in Africa and that time with Benton in Mississippi. They could do one for DC with them working in Seattle this way we could see the entire Ross family and the girls. We got to see how big Carlos got, so we should see Tess and Kate.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know when the list was mentioned about Halei getting the old group together I was gonna say you forgot Mark but then I forgot he died on the show . Sometimes I still have trouble fathoming that.
I know, I almost put him in the list before I remembered.

Quote:
I really would have liked to have had a scene with Carol and Weaver since Weaver had been close to Carol (despite Doug not liking her).
Well, remember, we did get that scene in Loose Ends (or whatever episode 20 was called) between Carol and Kerry where Carol breaks down and admits how much she hates her life. That was a brilliant scene. Since things were so tense between Carol and Kerry in Such Sweet Sorrow, I guess John Wells didn't want to do another heartfelt scene two episodes in a row. It would have been nice, though.

Quote:
And then the ending when she and Doug reunite- classic!!! Even though that episode is about 8 years old now, it still never gets any better. Or maybe it could if we could have maybe a DC-centric episode. You know how they do focus episodes with Carter in Africa and that time with Benton in Mississippi. They could do one for DC with them working in Seattle this way we could see the entire Ross family and the girls. We got to see how big Carlos got, so we should see Tess and Kate.
I don't know. As over the moon I would be to see Doug and Carol again, I'm just too afraid of them being brought back and it not being satisfying. Hearing how they're doing from Haleh was so satisfying because we know they're happy and we can decide for ourselves what they're doing. Like you said, they could be working together, perhaps Carol opened another clinic, etc. Doug and Carol are one of the few ships I care about who got a perfect ending. I love the idea of the last shot of them being Doug lifting her up and hugging her.