Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

30 Days of ER

Hey guys!

Ju and I thought it would be fun to a '30 Days of ...' meme for ER. If you don't know what this is, it's a list of 30 things, and each day you add to it. We're going to do it throughout the month of September, and if you wanna take part, just come by here each day and post your response to that day's thing.

Day 1. Favorite Season.
Day 2. Favourite Episode.
Day 3. Favourite Male Character.
Day 4. Favourite Female Character.
Day 5. Favourite Couple.
Day 6. Favourite Doctor.
Day 7. Favourite Nurse.
Day 8. Least Favourite Of Any/All Of The Above.
Day 9. Favourite Quote.
Day 10. Favourite Character Entrance.
Day 11. Favourite Character Exit.
Day 12. Favourite Actor-turned-Director (Anthony, Laura, Eriq or Paul).
Day 13. Favourite Kiss.
Day 14. Least Favourite Of Any Of The Above.
Day 15. Most Underrated Episode.
Day 16. Most Overrated Episode.
Day 17. Favourite Part Of The Hospital.
Day 18. Favourite Non-ER Department.
Day 19. Favourite Song Featured On ER.
Day 20. Favourite Character Arc.
Day 21. Favourite Ensemble.
Day 22. Dream Ensemble (pick any regulars from any season).
Day 23. Dream Couple.
Day 24. Dream Friendship.
Day 25. Dream Storyline.
Day 26. A Scene That Made You Laugh.
Day 27. A Scene That Made You Cry.
Day 28. Character Who Left Before Their Time.
Day 29. Character Backstory You Wish You Knew More About.
Day 30. Character You Relate To Most.

Come back here on September 1st for Day 1.

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 09-30-2012 at 03:05 AM
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

I will try to do this. When will we start?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY thanks for posting this Stephen, can't wait to get starteeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 1st Lise
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

It's September 2nd for me and Lise, then.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Ooooh this is awesome! Although some of those questions are really hard.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SOME of them?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Total Fan

I don't know how I'm supposed to have an answer for Day 2 or 9 or 28...

Excited for this though!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll probably post more than one answer for each day
Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

So excited for Day 22-25, especially.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
SOME of them?
OMG, I have no idea what I'm gonna answer to most. I'll have more than one answer too!!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

LOL, no-one will get the glare for giving two answers.

Day 1. Favorite Season.

Season 3.

Technically, I'd call Season 2 the best season, but in terms of 'favourite', I have to say Season 3 because I was so satisfied with the character arcs. It's the year they figured out what to do with Carol. Doug got his life on track, they rekindled their friendship (and eventually more ). Benton went through huge changes through his paediatric rotation and impending fatherhood, and he had a less aggressive working relationship with Carter. Jeanie's character finally became interesting with the HIV storyline, and she started building her friendship with Kerry. Carter's realisation that he belonged in the ER was also great, and I enjoyed seeing Mark getting to have some fun dating around after Susan left (especially given how dark he got in Season 4).

The season also has so many GREAT episodes. Last Call, Fear of Flying, Union Station, Night Shift, Long Way Around, Tribes, Calling Dr. Hathaway, Random Acts. I love all the comedy & lightness that is interspersed into those episodes, like the ER book, Jeanie being roped into Kerry's nighttime study, and the Lydia/Al wedding.

Susan's exit, as sad as it one, also had my favourite one-shot in ER's history (1:47), so Season 3 has a lot of reasons to be a very special one for me.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Day 1 - Favorite Season

For me, it's Season 2 and Season 4.

Season 2 mainly because at that point, apart from a few, everyone's got something going on: Mark on dealing with divorce, Susan and the Little Susie thing, Carter's med student thingos, even Peter had something. Season 2 also saw the arrival of Kerry Weaver and her quest to whip County into shape (which did work for the better, eventually ).

Season 4 mainly because it's where Elizabeth (aka the voice that got me watching ER) came in the picture. Apart from that, it was the last great season before the downward slope that is Season 5 onwards. By this time, everyone's gained some sort of sanity (not counting Mark) after the craziness of the earlier years.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Total Fan

Day 1. Favorite Season.

Season 1

First season I ever owned on DVD and I think I can safely say there is not an episode that I dislike from it. Plus seeing all the characters that young is always amusing.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Day 1

Okay, so, this starts with a damn hard question!

Obviously, the first 4 seasons are my favorites. But to pick one of those..! I guess if I had to pick one, I'd pick season 1. I love how the characters are introduced during it. Carter and Benton relationship is great, and I love Susan and Mark's friendship in this season too. Carter is such an innocent, young med student and I love how he's just starting to learn everything. The characters have really depressing things going on in their lives, Mark making the error in the treatment of the mother and a baby, his divorce, Benton's mother's death, Carol's suicide attempt etc, but I think all of those were beautifully written and the actors did a great job.

Season 1 also has two of my all-time favorite episodes in it, The Pilot, and Love's Labor Lost. I think the whole season has a little different vibe than any other. I mean, the whole atmosphere is fascinating, and I remember that when I watched it the first time I though "wow, this show has something that no other show has". I can't really explain it, but it's beautiful.

But as I said, this was a hard choice and I might choose differently some other time. And it's been a while since I watched the earlier seasons, so I may be forgetting something important.

Last edited by Mirde; 09-01-2012 at 03:54 PM
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Day 1. Favorite Season.

Definitely Season 3 I absolutely LOVE everything about and how EVERY character has something truly interesting going on. I love the end of Susan's first round on the show, because even though we got very few episodes with her, they were all great and I was happy to see her going where her heart was. In a way, that always made me relate to her the most.

I loved Carol finally finding herself in being a nurse. Even though she was always awesome, her insecurities made me admire her even more, somehow. They made her more real. And I love that after all the doubts she finally found herself and what she truly loved doing. That not every nurse dreams to be a doctor or is a nurse just because they couldn't get into medical school.

Benton becoming a father was when I FINALLY warmed up to the character. Before that, he was simply a self centered competitive jerk to me, honestly. I'm so glad they gave him Reece's storyline, because we got to see a complete different side to the character without losing what we already had about him. It further developed the character in a way that was believable and touching, rather than cheesy and soap opera-ish, like it could've been in the hands of the wrong writers.

I LOOOOOOVE Doug , in Portuguese I'd say season 3 is when he "virou gente" as in he FINALLY grew up to be a man. The scene where he finds the girl's epileptic bracelet while listening to the endless messages of women he'd never had any of intention of calling back is one of my favorite Doug moments in the show, and perhaps my favorite when it comes to his character specifically. Because that's was the very moment where everything changed, where he made the decision to change his way of life, and he did it for himself, it wasn't because anyone told him, it wasn't because of Carol, or Mark or whoever, it was for him, and THAT is when real change happens. I was so proud of him for getting there

Do I even NEED to mention D/C??

Season 3 was still Carter's cute years, so I loved everything about him, my favorite moments being him stepping up to Anspaugh and operating on Benton, the pictures It's also important to mention that I watched season 3 after I'd seen many episodes of the later seasons in random order on tv, so it was weird in a sort of funny way to see him date another Abby. That's a Carby I could've lived with

Mark was my least favorite this season, with the sleeping around and all. But I guess it wasn't so much that I was judging him, it was the M/S shipper in me being frustrated that they not only ruined my ship but then turned Mark into a womanizer overnight. Even after a heartbreak, that made no sense to me

Jeanie's HIV story was amazing, starting on season 3 and through all her journey on the show from then on. I'm glad they found something to do with the character, such a complex and dramatic (again without being over the top) arc

And the redhead with the crutch who thinks she's the boss was great too, as usual , so, overall, AMAZING season